It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journalists Leaving Milwaukee Because of Racial Tension

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Tim pool explained in a video posted yesterday that he feels unsafe covering the events unfolding in Milwaukee.

On August 13th a violent crowed formed after a man was shot while fleeing the police during a traffic stop. The crowd began chanting "F@*# the Police" and started torching cars, smashing police vehicles , and even set a gas station on fire.

Protesters in Milwaukee set fire to cars, gas station in response to officer involved shooting

Around 3:30pm today, a man armed with a handgun ran from police during a traffic stop, and an officer shot him during the foot chase. In response to the shooting, protesters gathered in a nearby neighborhood and began torching cars, smashing police vehicles, and set a gas station on fire. From what I can tell, the protests began around an hour ago.

Bonus video of Milwaukee Sheriff David Clarke talking about the riots...

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
If a riot breaks out in Milwaukee and no one is there to report it, does it make a sound?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti

On August 13th a violent crowed formed after a man was shot while fleeing the police during a traffic stop. The crowd

why do people always make the person shot, out to be a saint?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ware2010

I understand both sides. If you run your obviously now a law obiding innocent citizen. On the flip side unless you have proven you are imminently going to look cause severe harm to someone and are armed with a lethal weapon, lethal force is not justified. Does that mean burn down your own neighborhood? Of course not. But here we are as a country with our spoils of war coming back and being sold to the police force. Look at a time line and see how they have become militarized. Mix that with a growing (understandably so) distrust of the government, and the problems will escalate until addressed. This has happened many times in many countries. This is not unique and it will continue to worsen.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
but i thought the media was the one that was pouring gas on this fire of racial divide? i guess the fire is getting to big and out of control that even the media has to flee from it, karma, ain`t she so predictable

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker
but it was a black officer, that shot a black guy that had a gun?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ware2010

I never said anything about race. I'm talking about lower class societ slowly subconsciously becoming agitated in the direction of our government and the way things are enforced. Blatant disregard for law on the side of the politicians and enforcers, but the same stringent enforcement for us citizens.

Anytime you don't have a gun, the law is you can't be shot, unless you are an escaped convict. *I'm pretty sure Haha * someone correct me if I'm wrong.

That all bring said, they are going about this the wrong way. They being the community we are discussing.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ware2010

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti

On August 13th a violent crowed formed after a man was shot while fleeing the police during a traffic stop. The crowd

why do people always make the person shot, out to be a saint?

They don't. It's only when he is not white.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

You're wrong.

On many levels.

First, whether you have a gun or not you can be shot if the officer thinks you pose a threat to innocent people, you could be a reckless driver or even a knife or bat wielder.

Second, even though the officer that pulled the trigger was black, the rioters targeted whites for being pulled out of their cars and mercilessly beaten and robbed. It wasn't about politicians getting off scot free it was an excuse to act out the racism that was already in their heads.

Third, everyone should quit referring to criminal, project dwelling, animals as the black "community" the REAL black community lives in the suburbs, raises children, goes to work and leads good lives like everyone else.

Toothless, welfare, white trash,banjo playing, meth heads aren't the white "community" and low life thugs aren't the black "community".

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

And either way you cut it the government is hemorrhaging money and most of our taxes feed our military.

People are waking up, and again while I won't justify their actions I'm not going to demonize someone who was born in a broken system (people born in the projects typically stay). Your right, every culture and race have projects and I assure you their schools aren't like the ones we went to.

You can't fix a problem by providing a fighting second party to the debate, the debate will only continue, instead maybe we should focus our energy to finding a way to addressing the root problems. And it will take a while. And don't look at education as a hand out, we all should at least have a chance. Every citizen can be a burden or an asset and as it stands the path were on isn't working.

If this has gradually been getting worse how could anyone think keeping it the way it is, or further feeding the narrative these are barbarians will make it better.

Again other countries have had the same issues and some, maybe few, have improved them.... With some sort of different approach.

Trying the same thing over and over the same way expecting different results is just insane.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
BLM terrorists also threatened Lauren Southern.

UPDATE: “Get out of here or get you’re going to get shot”

new topics

top topics

join