It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Poll: Have You Been Polled?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Yes but I hung up.

How would you know if the people were honest anyway?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: jefwane

Well congratulations, you're the first so far.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

How would you know if the people were honest anyway?

Good point.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I have never been polled politically. Nor have I ever been called for jury duty. I've never taken part in an exit poll either.

I had a temp job once doing phone poll work for Boeing.

I grew up on the beach in Cali and I did take the pepsi challenge, coke won.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

I was recently asked by a job marketer," what kind of jobs are you looking for" and I replied," blow jobs" and she hung up.

Hit the funny bone hard.

ETA: Hardly anyone ever calls me ... thank God. Everyone should move to another country for decade. It's great when you come back.

edit on 1682016 by Snarl because: Freeeeeeeeedommmmmm

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
Okay guys how about this... if your answer is no, then leave a flag instead of a comment.

Are you collecting flags??

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I haven't been polled via landline or mobile... not saying that they didn't try, I just don't answer any call from an unknown number....

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Okay guys how about this... if your answer is no, then leave a flag instead of a comment.

I was hoping the flags would pull in more than one person who's been successfully polled, but I can understand your suspicion.

edit on 16-8-2016 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
We get calls, but we learned our lesson. If you are friendly with one, the rest follow that one home and start calling. It's like you get put on a list.

We generally do not accept calls from area codes we do not recognize, and when we do lately, it's one polling org or another.

Sometimes, we humor them. Usually we just don't answer.

The best polls are the ones where they ask your affiliation, how likely you are to vote and then hang up.
edit on 16-8-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Our landline gets calls several times a day from political pollsters and robocall polls. Normally in the past I answered them, but this year I decided before the primary that I didn't want to give out any information before I show up and vote. If I don't recognize the number I don't answer it. Maybe the less information they have, the less they can plan ahead to rig the system.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I haven't received any calls, but I did have some Clinton door knockers come by a while back. I handed one of them the copy of 'The Watchtower' that I'd received months earlier and closed the door.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

I was hoping the flags would pull in more than one person who's been successfully polled, but I can understand your suspicion.

Not being suspicious, brother. I got the thread flagged early on.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Most folks I know are Similiar to me, we have become fed up with annoying marketing calls and will not answer a number that we don't recognize. If it is important, the caller will leave a message. I can only believe that the only ones really answering their phones purposely would be the elderly and a few basement dwelling millenials, who are desperate to speak to anyone who will listen to them! Thus, most phone polls are meaningless.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join