It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Angel Light" Weapon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I have a theory. I believe this man has a very powerful short and long term memory abilities. When he creates his inventions, I do not believe he does it with technical equations and atomic structural data or whatever. He just gathers materials, puts them together, remembers the effects and then goes on through trial and error. Taking certain things intensifying them or going easier on them and this is how he comes to his end results. Of course he is still a genious, but I don't believe he knows all the technicalities of the things he does. I don't see how he would have a hard time selling this to anyone if he can prove it works.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The Angel Light weapos reminds me of the type of technology extraterrestrials supposedly have, where they can disable nuclear missiles remotely.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
You can hear him talk about it at the end of this radio show around 1:15:

www.unknowncountry.com...

Apparantly he has invited the press to a presentation mid February. This story do really sound like a hoax but then again why invite the press to be ridiculed? Also why offer technology to governments and then fail to deliver? One answer could of course be that he simply wants some attention to his other inventions, lets wait and see.

[edit on 22-1-2005 by Satariel]

d1k

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Nope it's worse. He's from North Bay, Ontario Canada!
North Bay is really in the middle of nowhere. I guess this is his thing to pass the long winter nights, he is a genuis IMHO. If it all pans out the all I can say is "Nobel Prize"

.......hardly, North Bay is bigger then a lot of your back water cities you have in the states. It's a major city.

And for all you guys claiming this a hoax. This guy has been on The Discovery Channel so many times over the years for his bear suits it's not even funny. He's demonstrated multiple generations of his bear suit and most recently his blast proof "material" which was on a Discovery Channel news bit just a couple months ago. This guy is the real deal and I believe so is his invention.

[edit on 22-1-2005 by d1k]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
as l_iam said, this isn't THAT impressive.

Granted, it doesn't seem like it's been done before, but when you think about it..

He's just taken a hell of a lot of all sorts of energy (microwaves, X-rays, industrial lasers, infrared light, normal light, and many more) and blasted them through one little area at an object.

Any electrical object being blasted with that much energy, of course, is going to be fried.

Any living organism blasted with that much energy, of course, is going to be fried.

Direct it at a wall, and the energy will do 1 of three things. Be absorbed, reflected, or transferred through.

After a certain amount passes through and reflects off of other things, passing back through, you'll see what's on the other side.

This doesn't happen normally because the amount of standard visible spectrum light that travels through walls is minimal, and the amount that comes back from other objects past the walls is nil.

If you blast enough energy at it though, that minimal becomes maximal, and that nil become enough.

And you see through the wall.

It really, really, isn't that impressive. It's just a hella-big laser-energy beam thing.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I just watched the video on the Discovery link as provided. Uhh... Bear suit? This has got to be the most ludicrous idea I've seen in a long time. What possible practical application could this thing have? Diagnosis: Lame.

As for the armor bags, the video clearly states that they are made of sheets of kevlar, metal and his special goo. I don't know about his goo, but kevlar and metal are known materials. It is possible that his method of layering them is unique, and also possible that his goo is special in some way, but he just rambles about it so who can say? The demonstration proves little else than the efficacy of layering kevlar and metal sheets which is already known. Those who are impressed by the video know little about ballistics. The bags are 7-8 inches thick, 12 by 12 inches square and cost 300 bucks a piece (so the video says). How much does two inches of plate steel cost, comparitively? Seriously, he's well intentioned, but armoring vehicles with this stuff is not an option.

I am interested in the heat-proof goo, but have yet to see the video.

He seems like the sort of sincere garage-tinkerer that can be found all over the world. Nevertheless, his sincerety does make me wonder what the heck this angel light thing is made of, specifically. If it follows what we've seen, then he probably has something that does something, but I am doubtful.

Why is it that pictoral or video evidence is so rare in such cases? If anything real happens, there's camera-phones everywhere to record it, but here we have lots of words and zero visual proof.

He also seems a little too childishly self-aggrandizing in the video. When the blast is shown not to penetrate his kevlar bags, he says, "I made it! I made it!" though he is clearly referring to the bag itself. Whoa.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Listen to that audio, more proof it is fake. For some reason he has taken the whole thing apart. How funny! People want proof, but he has dismantled it. What a liar.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps
I just watched the video on the Discovery link as provided. Uhh... Bear suit? This has got to be the most ludicrous idea I've seen in a long time. What possible practical application could this thing have? Diagnosis: Lame.

Hiking in the mountains? lol

As for the armor bags, the video clearly states that they are made of sheets of kevlar, metal and his special goo. I don't know about his goo, but kevlar and metal are known materials. It is possible that his method of layering them is unique, and also possible that his goo is special in some way, but he just rambles about it so who can say?
I am interested in the heat-proof goo, but have yet to see the video.

Hollywood special effects guys use a goo which is almost invicible, but will make you able to withstand the heat of a normal fire, on your fire for instance. They use it in movies to make people seem like they are burning up, pretty commen stuff actually. Maybe thats the one..

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Btw Troy is now working on the Ursus Mark VII bear suit, and btw the Applications of such a suit is to protect you from a bear attack
Anyway its really only usefull for someone who wants to study bears up close a personal. Maybe he'll use his technology to create a suit to go over Niagra Falls and survive
That would be cool.

As you can see this new suit looks alot more mobile, and he says the protection is just the same. BTW I showed the video to my buddy in the Canadian Mechanised Infantry and he wanted it immediatly as he was getting sent over to Afganistan. The thing with it is, it only weighs about 20 pounds yet can stop 2 sticks of dynamite which is roughly equivalent to an RPG blast. No ideally you probably would not have that thing on the windows as you would need as much situational awareness as possible. On the doors and floors however could save lives, period. As for the "Angel Light" stuff I believe him, as many companies and research labs are working towards T-Ray technology, which is "theoretically" safe. Ha!

Here are some more links btw

projecttroy.com.nexx.com...

projecttroy.com.nexx.com...

www.google.ca...

AND HERE IS THE FIREPASTE DEMO on DailyPlanet on discover channel in Canada(basically a Science News Program)

www.exn.ca.../2/2003

Its called Ferocious Fire-Paste needs IE and Realaudio player....

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Bunch of raving pseudo-scientist, that's what most of you lot are!

No-one has even attempted to theorize what this might be, how it might work etc. etc. Is this an intellectual discussion? OMG, that is really pathetic.

Well, let a scientist kick it off then:

Troy apparently uses a #load of industrial EM sources and other stuff. Lots of very interesting light sources with probably a mix of wavelengths from microwave up to deep UV. Let's propose he has more or less continuum of light.

But especially interesting might be this article which I found on the net:

my.ece.ucsb.edu...

Most of it is pretty useless but look at the Figure 11. Nothing comes through lead, right??? Well guess again, this is lead with miniscule apertures(subwave-length). So, suppose we have a Terahertz source, a Terahertz camera (THEY EXIST!!), could we see through lead. The answer is quite evidently, YES!! YES, we could all be fooled by Troy into believing that he can see through lead.

It takes me five minutes to come up with a totally plausible explanation. I totally can't believe no one else comes up with this and that everyone looks at his contraption and things: Owww, you probably need all that stuff to see through walls. Right.

And boys and girls, please don't believe it just because it has MIT slapped on it. MIT is very much overrated. In fact, in my field of expertise, they've never been able to do anything really.

[edit on 22-1-2005 by Devils Advocate]

[edit on 22-1-2005 by Devils Advocate]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I remember seeing this guy on Discovery Channel a few times, but I always just assumed he was a whack job. It's neat I guess, but maybe the only reason no one else has made it is because it has no practical value except to a few people, I seem to remember him saying he made it because him or someone he knows was attacked by a bear. Maybe it's just that he's smart and has some kind of a superman complex and wants to protect people he cares about, that's basically why he made those armor pads.

As I am a welder the firepast video was of particular interest, but wholey unimpressive. First off the test with the eggs, when he put one glass in a welder's pouch, the material the pouch is made of isn't meant to stop heat, they're just meant to not catch on fire, it's really deerskin. My dad uses my old welding gloves for cooking and just the constant steam of boiling water makes them too hot to use. He said he reads up on the latest advancements (I'm surprised he's not on ATS), sometimes possible solutions to an experiment are by using normal household things but aren't persued since they wouldn't be able to pay off the cost of r&d when people find out how to make it in their garage. Maybe he just persued somthing he read about and figured out how to make it work, he said himself he has no clue how it works, or even why. It's like the bearsuit, you can't really make gloves out of that stuff.

I think he's honestly sincere and very smart, but fairly ego driven and none too realistic. He seems to have trouble seeing the pratical applications for his ceations. The thought never crossed his mind that if you wear enough bullet proof vests you can stop anything, but he was blinded by his ego and his love of his brother. Crazy, but ultimately harmless

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
i dont see any country outbidding the U.S. if the U.S. wants it.

Don't fool yourself.

The article states that the French are willing to pay a substantial amount of money for it.

One thing is for sure, if Iran and North Korea wants it, the French will aquire it!

And what makes it so bad is that the guy is Canadien and you know how the Canadiens hate Americans. Almost as bad as the French!

So you know who'll get it!

EDIT: Not to offend any members from Canada, but you know how you hate us Americans!

[edit on 23/1/05 by Intelearthling]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   

for someone who wants to study bears up close a personal

Okay, I guess I didn't think of this. Bear scientists who want to get up nice and close to th bears. Yeah, I can see that. But if you need this thing (meaning mama bear is slapping you around), how much actual research would you be getting done in it?

I am laughing at the image of some bear researcher rolling off a cliff wearing one of these.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Devils Advocate
Bunch of raving pseudo-scientist, that's what most of you lot are!

No-one has even attempted to theorize what this might be, how it might work etc. etc. Is this an intellectual discussion? OMG, that is really pathetic.

Well, let a scientist kick it off then:

Troy apparently uses a #load of industrial EM sources and other stuff. Lots of very interesting light sources with probably a mix of wavelengths from microwave up to deep UV. Let's propose he has more or less continuum of light.

But especially interesting might be this article which I found on the net:

my.ece.ucsb.edu...

Most of it is pretty useless but look at the Figure 11. Nothing comes through lead, right??? Well guess again, this is lead with miniscule apertures(subwave-length). So, suppose we have a Terahertz source, a Terahertz camera (THEY EXIST!!), could we see through lead. The answer is quite evidently, YES!! YES, we could all be fooled by Troy into believing that he can see through lead.

It takes me five minutes to come up with a totally plausible explanation. I totally can't believe no one else comes up with this and that everyone looks at his contraption and things: Owww, you probably need all that stuff to see through walls. Right.

And boys and girls, please don't believe it just because it has MIT slapped on it. MIT is very much overrated. In fact, in my field of expertise, they've never been able to do anything really.

Read the god damn topic and quit your bitching.

There's been 5-6 explanations already stating exactly what you just said.

Like mine. Only, mine didn't manage to insult everyone here.

Funny story though, I did that last week, so I'm not one to talk. Well, at least I've apologised publicly.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps

for someone who wants to study bears up close a personal

Okay, I guess I didn't think of this. Bear scientists who want to get up nice and close to th bears. Yeah, I can see that. But if you need this thing (meaning mama bear is slapping you around), how much actual research would you be getting done in it?

I am laughing at the image of some bear researcher rolling off a cliff wearing one of these.

Also note that according to him some fire depts are interested if he can come up with a fireproof version. Just imagine being in a suit like that fighting a Fire, you know that if the building collapses in on you you have more time to be rescued. I could see this as a very good tool for emergency services everywhere.

He could also incorporate some techno-exoskeletons in his design, you know the one. It lets you carry something like 5 times your wieght. I do agree that this guy is kooky maybe completely insanely emotionally driven human being, but isn't that how all Mad Invetors are? Alot of inventions that we take for granted were invented by people like him, He may not have created anything earthshattering yet (well he might've with this "Angel Light" Thing, he could've beat what dozens of companies have been trying to do for quite some time, and that is to create T-Rays, its only been recently that we've had materials that react to that part of the spectrum, so who knows....)

[edit on 23-1-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Also note that according to him some fire depts are interested if he can come up with a fireproof version. Just imagine being in a suit like that fighting a Fire, you know that if the building collapses in on you you have more time to be rescued.

Uh, I would not want to be in that thing. If you were unlucky enough to be in the situation you describe, you would roast inside it. Enough about it, tho'

Let's see some pics of Angel Light otherwise it's up there with the guy with the V8 that runs on water.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Let's see some pics of Angel Light otherwise it's up there with the guy with the V8 that runs on water.

I do not know what you are referring to, but there are cars that run on water. Well sort of, its really off topic but check out this link you might find it interesting. BTW It isn't a hoax as I have built the proof of concept, and am now trying to scale it up so it will run a genorator. It's called AquaFuel. And it kicks
Just a bit less powerfull then Gasoline but much much cleaner.

www.blazelabs.com...

jlnlabs.imars.com...

Now these links more have to do with using it to power Propane Genorators and such, if the effiencies are true then scaling up to a car should't be too difficult(relatively speaking that is
)

As for the roasting alive... Well I dunno depends on the situation. When that situation happens(with only regular protection) the Firefighter is dead. Period. If something like this can economically make thier jobs safer(if only just a bit, and prolonging thier survival by just say 15-20 minutes it could mean the differance between life and death) then I am all for it. Allthough it probably needs alot more advancement in materials and such I can see him doing it, if not him someone else will I just know it. Either that or the Japanese will build a 'Bot to do the work for us.
BTW I Have contacted my friend who lives in North Bay to try and get ahold of this guy so he maybe show some pictures of it(Angel Light) working. I'm not promising anything, but He does know the guy, says hes a complete Nut Job too. At least everyone can agree on that one

[edit on 23-1-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
That man is amazing, his inventions could be used by so many, were they patented yet? That armor is amazing, soldiers could pad the bottom of there convoys with them to protect everyone from explosives.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I'm 50% sceptical and 50% optimistic about this guy.

The bear suit is interesting but is it necessarily a great scientific discovery? Haven't similar suits been designed before for different purposes?

His fire paste looks great but how does it really compare with other heat dissipating substances? I remember watching a show about the space shuttle tiles, and a guy demonstrated holding his hand on one side of the tile while a blowtorch was put to the other side. It was very similar to Troy's demonstration.

His armour cushions again looks interesting, but how does it compare with other types of armour? It's not really viable to have a cushion sitting in the window of a vehicle, it somewhat defeats the purpose. You can also control the direction of explosions with sandbags. No need for an elaborate cushion made of different metal layers.

I guess the answer to this latest invention will come mid Feburary.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Uh, have had things that can see through walls. The heat vision used in the movie AVP was a problem for it saw right through the walls of the set and would show coffee, crew, a door, so forth. It didn't have any EMP abilities, but could see through walls.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join