It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
1. Are there 10 or so general items that everyone should have? I kept the number at 10 because you need some room for your personal gear and it can't be too heavy that you can't carry it for a long distance.
2. What is your purpose for the bag? A Katrina type event or for a worse case scenario?
3. If you have a family, do they all have a bug out bag or is it different for them, meaning you can have knife, flint, tent...they only carry food, flashlight and medical supplies.
4. Do you carry any water or canteen or just a water straw type device?
5. Do you have a budget? $100 per bag--cheaper or $200-$1,000 for better bag and items?
6. Would you suggest buying a pre-made bag for a couple of hundred as long as it contained what you thought you need?
7. Or last case scenario..you have all the stuff you could possibly need at the house...plenty of backpacks and bags and you'd just be able to wing it and make it up on the spot if you had to leave.