It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Switch Back Proof - Houston, We Have A Problem

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I was prepared to come out of lurking mode long enough to post about this Apollo 13 line, but a search led me to this thread, so...
I first heard about the Mandela Effect a little over a year ago, and have been following it ever since. I've never been convinced, because frankly it's easier to believe people have faulty memory and suck at geography. But, some things I remembered differently as well, so I've monitored since then, skeptical but trying to keep an open eye.
And I remember several months ago when people on Reddit began posting about how "Houston, we have a problem" changed to "Houston, we've had a problem." I looked at with the same skeptic's eye as I did all the other MEs. I watched the video, I read the Buzzfeed article about movies that mis-quote real quotes, and I dismissed it as a combination a faulty memory and crappy journalism.
A week or so ago, I start to see what's being called "flip flops" on Reddit, where some things are starting to change back. One of them was this line changing back to "we have."
I came at all this from skeptical POV, and have now seen for myself something change TWICE. I am now a believer.

It's a shame that so many people in this thread let themselves get distracted with a crappy clickbaity site article and actually missed what the OP was trying to say. I feel that because I was looking at all of this with a critical eye, I can be 100% sure of myself when I say that this movie line changed once to reflect the real life quote, and then changed back to what it originally was.

Now that I know this is really happening, I have to wonder what else has really changed vs. just faulty memory. And why? If there's a conscious force behind this, why change meaningless stuff like movie quotes? Or is it just random?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

And the OP is saying it was " Houston we have a problem "...is he not...it's even in the title, so where exactly did I not comprehend what is said?

I pointed out that what was said in the OP was wrong and linked the transcript of what was said.

My reading comprehension is fine...and no I don't think the movie said it they did...for dramatic effect.

Maybe you should pay closer attention next time.

And the OP swears they said "Houston we have a problem" when the truth is they never said it that way...ever on the apollo 13 mission.

So maybe you should re read what was said in the OP and my reply again then maybe you can comprehend what I posted.
edit on 29-8-2016 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

I know you weren't directing your post at me, but I agree with you that the actual Lovell quote is and has always been "we've had." I've never seen any claims until the OP that it was any different.

Nevertheless, from what I've observed in over the last year of casual interest in ME topics, the movie quote went from "we have" to "we've had." I remember the threads, and the people talking about how the Buzzfeed article doesn't make sense anymore. And just about a week ago I notice the quote changed back to "we have." And now I can find no trace of those old conversations.

This is what caused me to believe something is happening, after all. I was very skeptical until this "flip flop," as some Redditors are calling it.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: tombanjo
...I remember the threads, and the people talking about how...

THIS is exactly what ME is. You have explained it 100% with those words.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: tombanjo

I was prepared to come out of lurking mode long enough to post about this Apollo 13 line, but a search led me to this thread, so...
I first heard about the Mandela Effect a little over a year ago, and have been following it ever since. I've never been convinced, because frankly it's easier to believe people have faulty memory and suck at geography. But, some things I remembered differently as well, so I've monitored since then, skeptical but trying to keep an open eye.
And I remember several months ago when people on Reddit began posting about how "Houston, we have a problem" changed to "Houston, we've had a problem." I looked at with the same skeptic's eye as I did all the other MEs. I watched the video, I read the Buzzfeed article about movies that mis-quote real quotes, and I dismissed it as a combination a faulty memory and crappy journalism.
A week or so ago, I start to see what's being called "flip flops" on Reddit, where some things are starting to change back. One of them was this line changing back to "we have."
I came at all this from skeptical POV, and have now seen for myself something change TWICE. I am now a believer.

It's a shame that so many people in this thread let themselves get distracted with a crappy clickbaity site article and actually missed what the OP was trying to say. I feel that because I was looking at all of this with a critical eye, I can be 100% sure of myself when I say that this movie line changed once to reflect the real life quote, and then changed back to what it originally was.

Now that I know this is really happening, I have to wonder what else has really changed vs. just faulty memory. And why? If there's a conscious force behind this, why change meaningless stuff like movie quotes? Or is it just random?

I don't expect you to believe me, but I'm a skeptic at heart too. I was moved enough by the Effect to start making these threads on ATS (they're the only threads I've made).

I'm making them for folks like you who might be on the fence - it's good to see it's doing some good.

Thanks for posting, star for you (wish I could give more).

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
"had" past tense. that they Dont have a problem any more.
so why do they then go on to Fix the problem?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha

good point

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

Oh, I absolutely believe you. It sounds like we came at all this in very similar ways, looking at it skeptically until something undeniably strange happened.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: tombanjo

Just as a side note, that's why I think other skeptics will 'see the light'.

That's how it happened to me, I assume it will happen for them along the way too.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

a reply to: Pearj

Oh, I absolutely believe you. It sounds like we came at all this in very similar ways, looking at it skeptically until something undeniably strange happened.

When it hits you it hits good..
There's no denying it..

It's like logging in one day and my name is redoubt.. And I'm like ok NO I'm freaking Reverbs.. I've always been reverbs.. and of course people would come in to tell me they've been on ATS for years I've always been redoubt.

Gahh No I'm Reverbs I KNOW this..

"faulty memory"

wtf no I know for a fact I was called Reverbs..

But yea I've seen it catch a few complete bulldogs for faulty memory by surprise.. I thought they were messing with me they changed their tune so fast. Once you get one you are 100% sure on it really starts messing with you. But I've gotta say more and more people are seeing it whatever it is..

Don't get too deep on this rabbit hole though.. It's a psychotic break rabbit hole waiting to happen to somebody..

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I have exactly similar experience, has been stable since then

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Sheesh does every ME topic on ATS automatically go to Skunkworks (isn't that a Lockheed copyright)?

Anyways its peculiar for both MEs to involve Tom Hanks, the other also being present changing to past tense (life is to life was like a box of chocolates)

Now if only an old copy of the ORIGINAL Shazam movie (1994) would surface but DC vs Disney copyright issue seems to vanished like a Jinn, just as well

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Artesia
vanished like a Jinn, just as well

Well there you go; who can ever trust a djinn, especially a Shaitan ones. Ever wondered why the Lake of Fire (Hell) is always on fire when it comes to the elements Fire & Air ? Lovely stuff - Antimatter.

Let the denial-ists continue to be ignorant. It is their fault that their life path is so damned to descend.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join