It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Switch Back Proof - Houston, We Have A Problem

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: Reverbs

The internet will only make it worse. Erroneous statements repeated over and over. It gets into minds and memories.

Do any ME people have more than one incident?

are you separating people into groups now?

and YES.

My own life and about, well not keeping count, but maybe around 10 mass culture ones for me personally. I've gotten that down from 20 as some of them just lend to easily as memory defects. As hearing what you are thinking not what you are reading.

An interesting aside. My mom always told me it was berenstain bears. She said other people said it wrong. This would have been early 90s.

Mine start WELL before my access to internet. In fact I only heard the term Mandela Effect in the last year or two.

I thought it was just me.

I am currently trying to disprove as many as possible. I'm going way out of my way to be wrong, but that's just how I am. I'm looking for truth.

edit on 16-8-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

My mom always told me it was berenstain bears.

So that is what you remember, correct.

I ask about the count because it could be a clue.

eg:

Do people only ever have one changed memory, or more.
Can a line in time be determined for the earliest change.
What about events that are a result from the initial one.
(If Mandela died, who was the president if not him?)

I would think someone who really believes would work to understand it and do serious research. I am interested in it but I don't have anything ME type memories.

I have been thinking about how this might occur.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I remember it being berenstain pronounced, but I don't remember how it was spelled visually. I lean towards an e, but it was in cursive and this was before I learned to write in cursive. I will not give a definitive on that one besides the fact my mom is insanely good in english and told me it was pronounced berenstain, and that everyone was saying it wrong. It leads me more to believe it had an e in it than not, but that's not part of my for sure memory.

I've asked the same questions and have been looking into it, but you must realize I am limited to what I surely remember. For instance Mandela died in prison, BUT I never remember hearing who was in charge of South Africa at the time. I can't really do much with that one.

A poster asked me once:
"what do you think South Africans believe about Mandela specifically."
Something like that.
I wonder if it's a memory issue then surely South Africans would get it right.
I knew a South African.. An African American haha (white guy).. He was taught the same as me and never thought it was wrong that Mandela died in prison. He lived in South Africa from 1986-1995 or so..
Very intelligent guy as were all of my friends. I feel like he would have corrected us, as my English friends corrected American history class about the revolutionary war.

For all I know there is a "main timeline" that we alter from only to be sucked back in at a later time.

As I've said I have not yet come up with a way to prove or disprove. I havn't come up with an alternate theory that fits..

I'm stuck with "somethings up"

It would be highly unlikely that at my school in history all my teachers would say Mandela died in prison, when this was at the time the top school in the state. It now appears to be ranked 4th.

These changes seem to occur when you're "not looking." That leads me to believe it's a memory fault. Problem with me believing that is I have seen changes while looking.

I don't think it's clear time lines. I'm also not sure I believe it's a real effect. Part of me thinks it's psy ops. I especially think that when Mirror mirror on the wall is STILL mirror mirror on the wall in at least Dutch and Portuguese.

Interview with A vampire bothers me a LOT because I had one of the top English teachers at the time. She was also a newspaper editor. There is no way she mixed "a" and "the." That one too still says "a" in some other languages, but I'm not enough of a linguist to know if it's hard in that language to say a instead of the. Or the instead of a.. I HAVE noticed movie titles changing based on differing concepts when going from English to another language that has masculine and feminine and they have to change it a bit because the character is a girl, but the word is masculine.

anyway... I don't have the answers but this topic bugs the hell out of me.
I NEED to get to the bottom of it.
I have way more than a passing interest.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I always thought it was, "Houston, have we a problem?"

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
If the ME is real, I don't believe it is a change from one line to another. That's why it is so subtle.

My take:

It does have it's root in multiple time lines though. It's more fragmented then a complete move to a new one.

Lots of possibilities and maybe it can't be defined by the human mind at this point. I plan to keep a thought process on it.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
I always thought it was, "Houston, have we a problem?"

That's the Jeopardy Effect

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

hahahaha

What about Double Jeopardy!?

My take:

It does have it's root in multiple time lines though. It's more fragmented then a complete move to a new one.

Lots of possibilities and maybe it can't be defined by the human mind at this point. I plan to keep a thought process on it.

Hell yea man.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I am not convinced of the ME but

I also wouldn't write of it having something to do with a simulated universe either.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
just a theory: I know it sounds crazy just trying to think for one minute the possibility that someone has traveled back in time to make these changes to try and let us know something is going on so if you believe that in the case of time travel could be a isolated area would be someone would go back in time and make some changes and those changes would affect our time for or future some maybe going back in time and make changes or create a tangent but maybe that's not the case here. in this what we call Mandela effect may be from someone who went back in time and making these changes and in this case there is no alternate timeline or tangent Just a straight affect. So just consider the possibility that's all. it doesn't mean it's true and it doesn't mean it's happening it's just a thought.
edit on 16-8-2016 by bobw927 because: wrong spelling

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

"I plan on keeping an open thought process on it"

that's what I thumbed up.

and to the simulated universe thing..

People who notice "MEs" also tend to have synchronicity effects and are more likely to experience dejavu it SEEMS to me.

It's funny because one side would say "see that proves it's a memory issue."
and the other side will be like..
"whoa he's right, I wonder what that means?"

When you have as much synchronicity as me it very very much feels like the universe is some giant joke.
Maybe our alarm is going off and in a few minutes (years and years on this timeline) we will wake up and go "dude! I had the craziest dream!!"

LOL

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobw927
I know it sounds crazy just trying to think for one minute the possibility that someone has traveled back in time to make these changes to try and let us know something is wrong

Listen carefully.

It's a deeper song than many of you might see.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I hope it is something other than trolls (operators) using the simulation to do things to people (objects) in that simulation.

Of course it could also be the interjection of changes to see what effect it has on said simulations.

The ME can lead to some way out theories.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I said I was scared talking about this.
At least one other member here is also scared.

That I notice changes could mean..

"Jupiter Ascending"
~hmm it's working but not perfectly, some people can still remember.

"The Matrix"
(seems as likely an explanation as anything else for me at this point.)
~dejavu.. Changes in the matrix by the "trolls"

Mix that with "inception"
~implanted memories that you think are your own.
~You create the dream as you experience the dream.

"Psychological operations"
~Let's control the dream.

"people like me"
~This is MY world!

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Kudos.

Very interesting food for thoughts.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I guess I have to ask, are you affirming the Mandela Effect or making fun of it, to bait the rest of us?

I realize that many find this "effect" and descriptions of it, ludicrous.
But still here we are, with many of us having memories that don't match current "history."

Are those of us reporting that just stupid, mistaken, what?

It's really about more than that ,isn't it. Let's take some youtube videos about 9/11, for example. It seems rather obvious these days that the buildings were blown up by something other than planes, and the planes may have been a CGI phenomena......

what is that's real and true? What would that, then, mean?

I'm giving you a real example of a "historical" event, that we hinged real, and troops on the ground and bombing thereafter or before, depending on your attendant reality, etc......

Yeah, we can make fun of this crap all day long, but it's a truly manipulative thingie, if it's real or not, lol.
that's the whole point, no?
and what does that, then, mean, really?
this is a very complicated issue. There are those of us that won't let go of it, because we know what it means for the rest of what we're told to accept as true, that isn/t.....and the effect of that.
Thanks of your thread, and thoughts.
tetra

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   

You have to consider all possiblities. It may be both, memory and data manipulation. Then you also have to consider all the people who remember it differently and whose profession is writing articles and making websites so naturally they`ll write down, to them, known facts. So once the web crawler stores the data in the search engine algorithm, you will have all different hits avaliable but that proves nothing more than people remembering things differently. This should not be proposed as evidence.

I`d imagine if TPTB wanted to change particular data on global scale intentionally, there would be no traces left, only memories...which for example may have happened with Berenstein Bears. You only have people remembering it and then writing articles about it which are recognised by search engine so you have hits and queries with EIN as well as AIN avaliable.

As for dilemma, it is dilemma, even if you track derivation of the word back to Greek alphabet

www.oxforddictionaries.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Op3nM1nd3d

on your time line.

I've known editors of newspapers and websites. They are English natzis.
The New York Times and Forbes don't type the wrong name of a movie.
And yet if you know the right google search tricks you will see them talking about a movie called Jupiter Rising.

Meanwhile if you see their internal emails, they do not even confuse woah and whoa.
Looking into history on a theory about history changing is a little naive. More than a little. It's akin to looking for a paper you wrote and accidentally deleted without saving. And still you remember writing it.

Your link says nothing about why an English word is spelled in any certain way. You'd be better off looking into german or old english than greek. Greek doesn't even have all the 26 letters you goose. Greek cannot show a silent n.

dilemna.info...

If anyone else is still missing the point you cannot find changes by google searching them.
The change always was the truth. This is based on ME hypothesis.

Now think about that and find me a way to falsify the hypothesis.

Look CLOSELY ( press ctrl + a few times if needed)

But if you click the link it all changes...

Notice please what is said in the above picture..
link of picture
I have told you guys my links changed when I posted them...
I proved this to those who were watching me post live, but my links have since changed.

Zoom in if you need. ( ctrl + )

linky
edit on 17-8-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Good lord, just shows how one sentence can generate so much type lines.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   

I`d imagine if TPTB wanted to change particular data on global scale intentionally, there would be no traces left, only memories...which for example may have happened with Berenstein Bears. You only have people remembering it and then writing articles about it which are recognised by search engine so you have hits and queries with EIN as well as AIN avaliable.

a reply to: Op3nM1nd3d
Totally Respectfully, but no.....

look at advertising today...they are telling us right up front what they are about and what they are inflicting upon the populous. You don't have to be very intellectual and watching television, to understand what's behind all the advertising. Everything we are fed, information-wise, is a symbol of what the reinforced manipulated belief pattern is about, the numbers of people dying in weather events, etc.....

It all MEANS something.
It's all telling us something, while they're selling us insurance, telling us if we invest in a certain belief pattern and symbology, we'll be okay, and come out on top.....

it's sickening, but when you begin to see that pattern in what you're being fed media-wise, you won't ever be the same again, and understand the underpinnings of "finance" in this country, and what the American Dream really means, and equates to.....
just saying....I love the Flo commercials, but when we're seeing all Flos is all the diners and all families, I gotta wonder what the F**(ck....lol
tetra

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

The main one is

"I am my body"

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join