It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you be for abortion but against the death penalty?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: Annee

Enjoy YOUR body count...I won't.

My business is MY business.

Not yours.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

It blows my mind how this is impossible for pro-life people to grasp.

It's all about the way it's marketed. Look into conservative media and they always present it as if you're either pro-abortion or pro-life. I really don't think they understand the whole "choice" part of it.

It's always baffled me how people can claim they want a small govt that stays out of our lives. Yet they turn around and trust the govt to regulate the bodies of all female citizens? Huh? I don't trust Repubs or Dems (or Greens or Libertarians, for that matter) to regulate the sexual or reproductive functions of the women I care for. I trust the women and their judgment far more.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

ENOUGH!
I get sucked into this crap too much ,back to the thread.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

ENOUGH!
I get sucked into this crap too much ,back to the thread.

Then don't hit "reply". Duh.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Conservative media is really bad with this. Instead of considering points and information from the other side, it just denies they exist or pretends they are "propaganda" thus they never have to reckon with why their narrative doesn't align with reality.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

If I don't cut it OFF they feel the need to DRONE on how right they are and how it feels along with FAR more redundant subjective ideas.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
It's not for me to tell people how to think of what to do with their bodies.

If I'm helping pay for it and the person is incapable of making good decisions about pregnancy and his/her health then I should have a say. If you eat McDonald's 4 times a week I shouldn't have to pay for your triple bypass. Just like I shouldn't have to pay for women who use abortion as birth control. If I have to pay for these things through taxation then I should have a say on how they operate simple as that. You can't rely on some individuals to make the right decisions and there needs to be checks and balances for these things.
edit on 17-8-2016 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yep. It's like when I was in elementary school, they would present the Cold War as a battle between "democracy vs communism". It took until roughly middle school before I learned that it was closer to "capitalism vs communism". And it wasn't until at least high school that I learned it was actually mostly "imperialism vs decolonization", especially in Latin America, Africa, and the Far East.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

If I don't cut it OFF they feel the need to DRONE on how right they are and how it feels along with FAR more redundant subjective ideas.

Yeah, someone actually said earlier... "Enjoy YOUR body count...I won't."

Good thing you can cut it off to avoid more people saying idiotic stuff like that.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

So you're the controlling type? Sounds like your problem, not hers. Besides, it's an online forum. As long as our comments are on topic and don't violate the T&C, people can "drone on" about whatever they want and in as many posts as they want. And since you're the one complaining about getting "sucked into this crap too much", it's up to you to stop getting yourself sucked into it. Hence my suggestion to stop hitting "reply".

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Enjoy YOUR body count...I won't.

My business is MY business.

Not yours.

SAY IT AGAIN ANNEE!!! SAY IT LOUDER!!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

This is why I LOVE history. You can free yourself from the day-to-day propaganda and get an idea of how things really are. Then you use this knowledge to relate to the present to get a feel for what is really going on. It's a shame that very few on ATS actually practice this technique instead opting to just trust blogs... Yuck... It's such an affront to rationality and intelligent discourse that it sickens me.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I don't know anyone who is pro-abortion.

Depending on how my day is going, sometimes I'm super Pro-Abortion!! Super Pro-Late Term Abortion actually. Like between the ages of 18 to 118. There are some people who I think, "This is a FutherMucker I'd like to abort myself right now!!!"

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
BTW I support both Right of Choice and the Death Penalty.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I used to support the death penalty, but I've learned that it is more expensive to kill someone than it is to have them sit in prison their whole life. So I don't support it anymore. It's just a cost analysis thing at this point though.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I don't know anyone who is pro-abortion.

Depending on how my day is going, sometimes I'm super Pro-Abortion!! Super Pro-Late Term Abortion actually. Like between the ages of 18 to 118. There are some people who I think, "This is a FutherMucker I'd like to abort myself right now!!!"

LOL.

Now, now, God said: . . . be fruitful and increase in number; multiply on the earth and increase upon it."

There's no such thing as irresponsible breeding. Just keep pumping them out.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Nope I get warned, so I shifted gears to adapt to the collective op.
I CAN have a temper too you know...little though you people see of it.
YOU CAN yell at me being FOR the death penalty by the way... I have depth so I do that.

edit on 17-8-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I used to support the death penalty, but I've learned that it is more expensive to kill someone than it is to have them sit in prison their whole life. So I don't support it anymore. It's just a cost analysis thing at this point though.

Yes, changing how it's done might solve that. Why should it cost so much? It shouldn't.

If there is no doubt in a murder, eliminate the multiple appeals. There's no real reason it should take so many years.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

LOL, Love it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join