It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Biden Exposes Military Aide With Nuclear Codes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Meh, I thought this was pretty standard operating procedure. The "security codes" are not written down, are changed and moved around, all the time, and carried in "parts" by certain individuals, so that no "one" has all the "power".

Geez, anyone who's ever watched a good spy movie or well written spy novel knows that!

edit on 17-8-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Nuclear codes are not static, and if they are, that's a giant security failure. They are probably on encrypted keys that change all the time.

And no Aide would have access to nuclear codes, only POTUS does. He doesn't even have access.

I dunno why he'd have said something so foolish but it can't possibly be true.

~Tenth

Yes I am ignorant of nuclear protocols, or even what nuclear code do to be honest. But given that Biden was railing against Trump for his untrustworthiness around nuclear codes, I am left wondering if this sort of thing is normal.

I know, right?! lol!

"look, they are in that briefcase cuffed to his wrist!"

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   
AND for 20 years the codes were all zero's www.dailymail.co.uk...

Save us from these idiots.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Nuclear codes are not static, and if they are, that's a giant security failure. They are probably on encrypted keys that change all the time.

And no Aide would have access to nuclear codes, only POTUS does. He doesn't even have access.

I dunno why he'd have said something so foolish but it can't possibly be true.

~Tenth

Based on that it's almost certainly true.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

It is called the nuclear football and it is common knowledge that the president and v.p. have access to them at all times when not at a designated command post. There is a whole wiki page on the subject. Biden pointing off to the side of the stage pointing out something that is already well known to the public is in no way a breach of security.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Even if someone were to get the codes, good luck trying to use them. You'd still have to know which code was the correct one and also somehow get access to the special gold phone.
edit on 19-8-2016 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2023 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Someone sent me this little piece of irony here.

Biden, in his speech about Trump being unqualified to access nuclear codes, exposes aide who knows the nuclear codes to a crowd of Hilary fans.

I'm not American so I do not understand the gravity of what Biden does here, but I'm guessing it is somewhat of a security risk to point out to a crowd of people a military aide who knows the nuclear codes. To any military men and women who may have better insight on the topic, does this present a risk to not only the military aide, but to the country itself?

Or is this all par for the course?

Update - January 23, 2023

VICE PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN was STEALING CLASSIFIED DOCUMENTS from the Federal Government, at the same time he was identifying the aide who carries the Nuclear Launch Codes....and telling Everyone Donald J. Trump could not be trusted to keep U.S. Secrets and Americans Secure!

-JOSEPH ROBINETTE BIDEN-
Worst Senator Ever
Worst Vice-President Ever
Worst President Ever

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join