It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This May be a Stupid Question..What if Money is the Blood of Jesus?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Jesus held up a coin and asked, " who's image is on this coin" the crowd replied ceasers, Jesus then said, " give to ceaser what is ceaser and to God what is Gods"
Money is made by men for men
Mankind was made by God for relationship

Is that Caesar's eye?
No?

The Eye of Providence (or the all-seeing eye of God) is a symbol showing an eye often surrounded by rays of light or a glory and usually enclosed by a triangle. It is sometimes interpreted as representing the eye of God watching over humankind (or divine providence).

We live in the Great Republic, we don't have an emperor. This is One Nation, Under God.

So give to God what is God's - everything you ever had including yourself, cuz God gifted you with every bit of it.

Jesus said that quote, contextually, to avoid picking a fight with the Roman government while he was trying to teach. They were trying to set him up to dirty his name.

And about relationships, aside of God's infinite forgiveness, try abandoning money entirely and see how many people want to have a relationship with you. It won't be many...

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
On that note, I'll add, life sucks when you have no money.

Ever slept on a sidewalk? Ever starved?

To me money feels like the blood of Jesus more than hollow relationships with opinionated people, and I absolutely believe God isn't loving on me much when my pockets are empty.

People with money always talk the talk, that money's evil and Jesus is the only answer, but I saw the sordid Truth.

Money was the answer to life. Without it you need a miracle just to eat today... to survive till tomorrow. Just to suffer all over again and pray for yet another miracle.

So all of you sure fooled me.
You had me completely convinced Jesus was a code word for $$$

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I am sorry muzzleflash, I havnt a clue what you are on about

Is that Caesars eye? I dont know, is caeser all seeing?

Your nation is not a theocracy and is not under the God we are discussing

Give to God everything, God doesnt need everything, He gave us free will, to choose Him or deny, its your choice.

Jesus was killed for what He said, he didnt curtail His teachings, that should be obvious

and no, i cant afford to abandon money, I never suggested that, strawman, its irrelevant in context

As for friends, wealthy or flat broke, I have Jesus, that has been enough

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
On that note, I'll add, life sucks when you have no money.

Ever slept on a sidewalk? Ever starved?

To me money feels like the blood of Jesus more than hollow relationships with opinionated people, and I absolutely believe God isn't loving on me much when my pockets are empty.

People with money always talk the talk, that money's evil and Jesus is the only answer, but I saw the sordid Truth.

Money was the answer to life. Without it you need a miracle just to eat today... to survive till tomorrow. Just to suffer all over again and pray for yet another miracle.

So all of you sure fooled me.
You had me completely convinced Jesus was a code word for $$$

Yes life sucks when you have no money, I agree
never slept on a sidewalk but have relied on friends, never starved but have gone without, I live in a Western Country where help is accessible, from friends and churches
Maybe money feels like Christs blood to you, thats sad, I am sorry
I dont think Jesus loves me much when things are going against me either, yet, I still have a semblance of faith.
God never promised prosperity, He promised a difficult life after humanity turned their backs on Him

I dont believe in the prosperity gospel, life is horrible and hard, Jesus held a coin up and infered it was created in Caesars image, give to the world what is the worlds.
He then infered humanity was created in Gods image, God wants relationship with us, not our money, give ourselves spiritually to God

Thats my understanding

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

i don't think God promised a hard life for turning your back on him.

If fact, I'd say most people with easy lives turned away long ago, and anything leftover is mostly just for show but of little solid substance.

I think God creates a hard life for those that turn to God.

I turned to God and my life fell apart quickly. It might be a blessing in disguise though, as things might turn out way better for me soon, but only time will tell. I'll eventually find out...

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I never meant to suggest life was easy with God or without
It rains on the rich and poor alike

Yes I do believe that those who deny God live with less conflict, I also believe a blessing is not a good thing
To be blessed is to become more like God, becomming more like God is the opposite to our human nature, it's painful

There is no doubt things will turn out better for Christians soon, Jesus will return and restore our relationship with the father, outside of that, hope for nothing

So yes I agree with you completely, I may not have written my post clear enough initially, thanks for allowing me to correct the confusion

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: eeyipes

Read the bible, the answer is still No. It is a spiritual book and has nothing to do with economics, finance and capitalism.

Old Testament or New Testament? Because Mauro Biglino's literal translations of the bible (which make 1000x more sense than religious interpretations) actually point out it's very much to do with everything that makes society/civilization.

It's also identical to the Mesopotamian books, Gilgamesh, Enoch, etc ---obviously the same events.

The Ark of the Covenant...covenant = Contract // the deal with the Elohim, named YVWH

The Ten Commandments? More like the 10 guiding principles for the contracted people.

This is where the Laws of Hammurabi came from, the first civilization, rules, legal interpretation, order, justice, social order, health, hygiene, etc, etc, etc

edit on 18-8-2016 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

"For I tell you that I will not drink of the fruit of the vine from now on until the kingdom of God comes.

= i'm gonna stop drinking wine

And He took the bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave to them, saying
“This is My body, given for you; do this in remembrance of Me.

= have some bread , a gesture of our union (being friends ) remember me and this day you ate bread with me

” In the same way, after supper He took the cup, saying, “…"
This cup is the new covenant in My blood,

= see this cup ? its a symbol of our union drinking together with family
=(My blood) My family (friends)

which is poured out for you.

= i give you all my wine , i dont want it anymore (until the kingdom of God comes)

edit on 18-8-2016 by kibric because: Arutperumjothi

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Yes, the first 5 books of the Bible are called the "Books of Law", Moses is called the "Law Giver", and the New Testament is about how Jesus came to "expound upon the Law not to abolish it".

Furthermore, we have Egyptian, Mesopotamian, etc Law (you mentioned Hammurabi), and even originally the Laws of Noah.

Wiki has good info on all that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join