It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The National Diversity in Libraries Conference Proposes Racial Segregation!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
I'm unsure what this has to do with Liberals, Democrats or progressives.

glad you asked...I was wondering that myself....the title of the conference is..."national DIVERSITY in libraries conference".....hello?....of course they talked about diversity...duh...what would you talk about at a conference so named?....all the oppressed white people????

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

I wasn't aware that racism was so rampant in our libraries.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
One step forward, two steps back.

edit on 16-8-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

America is founded upon the ethos of meritocracism....

If you have the biggest brain and/or are willing to work your ass off then success is achievable...

Diversity assignments and designations are of no consequence and of no import when appropriating pieces of the pie in a meritocracy...
In truth, appropriation should not exist at all in a meritocracy...

A library is a sacred house of wisdom where one can fill their brain with the knowledge on how best to succeed in life.
Knowledge is not a subjective measure.
It is quantifiable and should not to be a candidate for liberal reductionism...but their ethos requires this...it is the religion of progressivism to divide and rule not in spite of this division, but because of it...

To devalue a person by elevating their stature merely because the liberal establishment has designated them a protected class is repugnant...

To say nothing of the ANGER(humiliation) one should feel when the bar is lowered for no other reason than the color of your skin.

-Christosterone
edit on 16-8-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
a reply to: [post=21137363]schuyler[/Librarian

$39,799 – $50,868
Reference Librarian $39,659 – $55,008
Medical Librarian $34,286 – $55,631
Librarian, Special Library $35,608 – $63,871
Head Librarian $49,735 – $68,227
Library Director $48,000 – $99,526

For sitting in a library all day, with virtually zero responsibility.

You are still clueless. Googling something does not constitute research. Zero responsibility? Let's just take "Library Director" as one. CEO with COMPLETE responsibility for the entire place of, say 200 FTE, including budgeting, personnel, collection--everything. You couldn't get me to take that job for $48-99K, which is a ball-park generalization anyway.

The others listed are for professional level research jobs requiring at least one Master's degree, and in academia, a second Master's degree. They have an in-depth knowledge of their collections and research tools. If we put you behind a reference desk in any of these jobs, you wouldn't last two seconds. Compare what a librarian makes to that of a lawyer or engineer, with an equivalent education, and there IS no comparison. It's what the market will bear and that's okay, but your point of view comes from a deep ignorance of the subject. You have amply demonstrated in front of everyone that you have no idea what you are talking about.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Avguy- here is a job notice for an entry-level librarian. As you can see, it does involve more than "sitting around":

www.mctx.org...

Oh, btw, "other job duties as needed" may involve such things as cleaning vomit off the floor, calling the police because 2 guys are having a fight in the library, comforting & finding a shelter for a woman who has been beaten up by her boyfriend and needs some place to go, standing outside the library for an hour after closing time with a 10 year old because the parents haven't picked him up yet, etc.

Librarians wear so many hats - especially in public libraries. You must be a very multi-faceted person who is good at coming up with answers to people's questions and problems to be successful as a librarian at a public library. And my main point is that librarianship is a helping profession - which makes it a high stress job.

Sal

a reply to: avgguy

edit on 16-8-2016 by SallieSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
I'm unsure what this has to do with Liberals, Democrats or progressives.

Let me guess, you dont know what ISIS has to do with Islam either?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Reminds me of White Liberal Racism. They discriminate minorities in the name of Social Justice.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
MLK's dream being torn to tatters. We were doing so well too.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

This is understandable because whiteys are smarter and more superior than people of colour, also because white, conveniently, is not a colour in this regard. All whiteys must now be physically and mentally punished for the next 400 years, especially the evil single hero white male - the mother of all enemies.

and if you think I'm joking or exaggerating......ask BLM, or just go to their website and watch their rallies. If we lived in opposite-land, they would be the most tolerant group of individuals ever to grace the planet with their presence.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join