It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA Also Hacked?--Apparently, Yes!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

That is the correct timeline, as far as I know concerning Snowden.
One other thing to factor in is basic fingerprints of the actors.

NSA is highly sophisticated, inside surprises once accessed
would infect, and live on. EquationDrug and GrayFish come to mind.
GrayFish and Grok live together.

www.wired.com...

Stuxnet propagated that way...

Ouroboros that infected BAE jumped air gaps, and had bits of Russian.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

That is a very interesting train of thought too.

Lots of possibilities there imo....

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Eh.
I dunno.

Probably hacked a False Front End.

Cyberspace is a strange place.

Chasing shadows in the dark.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I wouldn't be very surprised if Snowden was involved. He was silent for ten days, then surfaces right around the time of a leak. Usually a very public and outspoken individual.

source

Q: Why I want auction files, why send bitcoin? A: If you like free files (proof), you send bitcoin. If you want know your networks hacked, you send bitcoin. If you want hack networks as like equation group, you send bitcoin. If you want reverse, write many words, make big name for self, get many customers, you send bitcoin. If want to know what we take, you send bitcoin.
Q: What if bid and no win, get bitcoins back? A: Sorry lose bidding war lose bitcoin and files. Lose Lose. Bid to win! But maybe not total loss. Instead to losers we give consolation prize. If our auction raises 1,000,000 (million) btc total, then we dump more Equation Group files, same quality, unencrypted, for free, to everyone.
Q: Why I trust you? A: No trust, risk. You like reward, you take risk, maybe win, maybe not, no guarantees. There could be hack, steal, jail, dead, or war tomorrow. You worry more, protect self from other bidders, trolls, and haters.

This is the groups statement, however I encourage a full read, too much to include here. Oddly enough Snowden implies Russian involvement when they are safeguarding him.

Added edit: at this point in time we must take what is said with a grain of salt. Especially since money is involved. But there were strong implications throughout the article, verified by Snowden, that this will have foreign relation ramifications. Also implications this could have an effect on the current US election.
edit on 16-8-2016 by CriticalStinker because: Added statement

edit on 16-8-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Now THIS is an extremely interesting 'coincidence':

The National Security Agency’s website was offline for almost a full day until Tuesday evening, in an unexplained outage that began shortly after hackers claimed to have stolen a collection of the agency's prized cyber weapons. It's unknown if the two events are connected.

POLITICO first noticed that the agency’s website wasn’t working at 10:54 p.m. Monday. It came back online around 5 p.m. Tuesday.
The outage began a few hours after a mysterious group called the Shadow Brokers claimed to have stolen cyber weapons from the Equation Group, a sophisticated hacking group suspected of being linked to the NSA.

During the outage, the NSA homepage itself was accessible, but all links on the page led to “Service Unavailable” error pages, except for blog posts listed under the “What’s New” section. (Those may be hosted on another server.)

www.politico.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join