It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Kidney Proof - Internal Organs Changed Position

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMaxHeadroomIncident
a reply to: TerryDon79

It's only bad protocol if you interfere and take a comment out of context. I didn't, I asked a valid question. Again your reply doesn't apply. That is bad protocol.

And that's precisely what you've done throughout the whole thread. Taking stuff out of context.

I'm surprised you can't see it, as its part of your fantasy protocols.
edit on 2182016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

a reply to: Greggers

We work for the secret CERN time police. Max is our leader.

At least you got the hierarchy right.

Here are your new orders. Take the other expendable men, Terry, Raymund and Doomknight guy and go take a hike.

Make sure you get lost.

There you are, violating protocols again. If you'd stop blatantly violating protocols, this thread could proceed amicably. Please do so.
edit on 21-8-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

It's only bad protocol if you interfere and take a comment out of context. I didn't, I asked a valid question. Again your reply doesn't apply. That is bad protocol.

And that's precisely what you've done throughout the whole thread. Taking stuff out of context.

I'm surprised you can't see it, as its part of your fantasy protocols.

LOL with Max's protocols. This nonsense is genuinely funny.

Anyway, back onto the topic of memory (I am once again making it very clear that I am not addressing this to Max), what is noteworthy about Elizabeth Loftus' work is that it proved just how unreliable eyewitness testimony was (before her work, it was considered to be much more reliable) and how false memories could be created from scratch.

If a person can't trust his own memory regarding whether he was molested as a child, he certainly can't trust his memory regarding whether or not Darth Vader addressed his son by name. Why this isn't apparent to people, I have no idea.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

It's not just Loftus' work either. There have been studies done on memory going back hundreds of years and I don't even know how many cases.

The funniest one I read about was a group of people watching a 5 minute promo. All of them watched the same one. All of them answered the same questions straight after finishing watching it. There were so many variations of simple answers that that alone should be proof enough to put doubt in anyone's head about a single line from film.

There's YouTube channels dedicated to "misheard lyrics". Some are just downright funny. There are websites dedicated to misquoted lines/phrases from films and tv shows.

But the Mandela effective is still the most plausible answer for some. It boggles my mind.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The old using one's perception of somebody else's work of fantasy to prove what they think is a physics problem. Confusing what is really observation with what they believe is proof.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

There you are, violating protocols again. If you'd stop blatantly violating protocols, this thread could proceed amicably. Please do so.

What protocol was violated?

My reply applied perfectly to your comment and you mentioned my name which automatically gives me the right to respond with a reply that doesn't necessarily have to apply to what was said, in such a case, but it actually did. So you could say that I even went the extra mile in honouring my protocol instead of blatantly violating it.

If you'd stop blatantly violating protocols, this thread could proceed amicably. Please do so.

If you stop responding to me and you don't mention my name, then i won't respond to you either, from.......now.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
a reply to: Ruiner1978

But the "saying Luke makes no sense" argument has been proved to be absolute rubbish. It's perfectly logical and reasonable to address by name in that situation. Denial of this is just plain ignorance.

It makes no sense in terms of Vader's character and the context of the scene.

Yes it does. It makes perfect sense in terms of character and context, as proved a few pages back.
Many, many examples were given.

It is a bad argument to support your stance on the matter as it simply isn't true.
Also keep in mind I share your stance, Vader didn't say "Luke". But it would have been perfectly acceptable if he did.

Unless you can provide the link that Raymundoko was asked for and couldn't supply earlier, this is now a non argument.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

What protocol was violated?

You should know this one, Max. It's an MSR!

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
So, to summarize where we are in the conversation, here's what we have in favor of the "faulty memory" hypothesis:

1) The scientifically proven unreliability of memory.
2) The fact that ME memories tend to involve basic trivia, non-essential to normal functioning and therefore easily forgotten.
3) A plethora of common societal experiences (many documented now in detail) which could easily have clouded the memories of large numbers of people in the SAME WAY.
4) The fact that all ME memories were corroborated on the internet in an unscientific fashion and therefore even shared experiences cannot be validated as such.
5) The fact that there is no true independent validation of any unique events of alternate histories.

AND, here's what we have in favor of alternate timelines.....

Nothing....

Thanks for listening.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Now you've done it.

"Someone" will jump on you with the same "but you can't prove the ME wrong." rubbish that all ME believers use. It's the go to excuse for anyone who can't say "I guess I remember stuff wrong sometimes".

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

You are very lame and uninspired.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

There's YouTube channels dedicated to "misheard lyrics". Some are just downright funny. There are websites dedicated to misquoted lines/phrases from films and tv shows.

For years I believed The Waterboys were singing
"You saw the hole in the roof"

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Nothing.... Thanks for listening.

Nothing only all these people that share the same faulty memories. It may be nothing to you but many disagree.

You hide behind your scientific barriers and your "absence of evidence is evidence of absence" logical fallacies. I trust my gut and it tells me things are of, and so do other people.

You can't do anything about this and I think it will become more apparent and widespread so maybe soon everywhere you go people will starting talking to you about the Mandela Effect.

Maybe your head will even explode.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMaxHeadroomIncident

Like I said, "feelings" and "knowings". That's what your "gut" is.

A gut feeling still doesn't make something real. Ask any kid who believe in Santa or the Easter bunny. I'm sure they have "gut feelings" that they're real too.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMaxHeadroomIncident

Holy crap is that the next step heads exploding? about as believable as your gut and the Mandela effect.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ruiner1978

For years I believed The Waterboys were singing
"You saw the hole in the roof"

Cheers for the laugh lol.

But you'd be surprised how many people thought the same or similar.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Ruiner1978

Yes it does. It makes perfect sense in terms of character and context, as proved a few pages back. Many, many examples were given.

You just don't get what I am saying, yes many examples were shown that had nothing to do with Star Wars.

In terms of character, No, It doesn't make sense for Vader to speak as as some claim, That could be why the final product is what it is, both lines might have been spoken during filming which is why James Earl Jones remembers such however when it came to editing the final cut it must have been out of character to say "Luke" and Lucas went with "NO".

It is a bad argument to support your stance on the matter as it simply isn't true. Also keep in mind I share your stance, Vader didn't say "Luke". But it would have been perfectly acceptable if he did.

No its not, it might be to you and to others but to some it makes sense, why the line is actually "No" and why "Luke" would be out of Character for Vader to say.

Unless you can provide the link that Raymundoko was asked for and couldn't supply earlier, this is now a non argument.

I really don't care if its good or bad grammar, I am not arguing that so I am not sure why I would or should link to anything another poster arguing.

In fact, Yes, Ray was correct and anyone can study English grammar and find out for themselves

However, that has nothing to do with what I am saying when I say its out of context for the scene and what leads up to it and out of character.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Not believable to you. This is meaningless to me and others.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Here's something to ponder.

If timeline shifts were real, how could you possibly have the same memories, yet your physiology is the same?

Memories are stored in the brain, right? That means they're physical things. If you have a different skeleton with a different skull, your brain wouldn't fit and the parts that controlled motor functions would be wrong. Your brain would be "wired" to control your original timelines body, not the new one.

Now, if you could, somehow, shift with your original brain, that means you could shift with your original body. The funny joints, strange lengths of bones and a whole load of other things.

Where are those people with physically different bodies that believe in the ME?

(I believe that's yet another nail in the ME's coffin)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Like I said, "feelings" and "knowings". That's what your "gut" is.

You don't say. Why are you stll on about this? This clear to everyone. I don't care that it is meaningless according to you, cause your brains can't go beyond current scientific paradigms and whatever it is that is the norm.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join