It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps tide has turned

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+81 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I've got 2 great hobbies this week in my mornings..

1.. is to live stream the olympics, for the first few hours!
2.. is to you-tube Trumps speeches from the night before.

I do this because, cnn, cnbc, cbs, fox, news.com.au, smh.com.au all give an extremely biased view of Trump and a very pro view of Hillary (while at the same time being complicit in covering up her crimes).. but that's not the point I'm making here.

I just watched the full recording of Trumps speech on Terrorism from Aug 15..

For all those that like the man, loathe the man or love the man i ask you to watch it.

Watch it with an open mind, don't like the man, hell don't look at him.. just listen to his words.

It doesn't matter who you prefer in this race, you cannot deny that Trump hit the nail on the head with nearly every single word he says in this speech. He keeps his composure, he keeps on script, he says it in plain terms that everyone can understand.

I don't understand how anyone can not agree with what he's saying..

It doesn't matter if you are left leaning or right leaning the issues are the same. The problems facing America are the same. I came into this election scoffing at the idea of a Trump presidency and praising Bernie. But that's a long time ago..

My hat is in the ring for Trump, for 1 simple reason...

He is the only one talking about the real problems and offering real solutions that the other candidate is too scared to even discuss.

Thoughts?
edit on 16/8/16 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   
What a joke. Well if I had said something like "hey, the man is the man", no one here would take me up on that. In my opinion Mr. Trump is running on a platform to in inform and to awake up those around the world that politics is about one thing, "keeping in power" and "taking away what freedom the people may have". For those in the US, by now you know every thing you do by telephone or computer is all recorded. It shouldn't be that way, but its the sign of the times. Camera everywhere, neighbors ratting on each other for the sake of national security and whatever other bs is shoved down our throats.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I'll admit it was a good speech. He did hit on a lot of good points. I also agree the current administration and the continuing of it with Hillary will be the worst possible outcome if desiring to end terrorism.

I also like the emphasis he puts on calling out the human rights atrocities and policies of other nations, and not just making excuses for them and ignoring them like the current administration does. One thing I'm really sick of is bigotry and oppression not being called what it is, and people who claim to stand against bigotry allying with and supporting those nations who do.

That all being said, he's a salesman, and a good one. I don't buy for a second he can do, or really will do all he says, nor do I trust that his policies to help protect us won't result in our losing even more rights and making us even more susceptible to government persecution than we already have become by the patriot act.

In the end, I'm going to have to go with my gut. I'm still not voting either party. I do find Trump less abhorrent, however after watching that.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Well he makes a good argument and even seemed presidential in this speech surprising as that seems. I have heard his campaign is doing a reset maybe this is one of the first signs. I have said this race is his to lose. When you look at the laws broken by Hillary from handling national security to lying under oath and then the coruption and bribery involved a monkey should be able to beat her. Unfortunately to this point even a trained monkey doesn't put his foot in his mouth as much as Donald.

+51 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Whether we like it or not the USA is a world leader and more so there than anywhere else what happens affects the rest of the world.

The very fact that your reading this post on this site means you are aware that something is seriously wrong with the current narrative thats shoved down our throughts by the msn and by extension the military industrial complex.

In my opinion a vote for Hillary is a vote for TPTB to keep bending us over and doing us roughly without lube or even a courtesy reach around.

A vote for Trump is saying "F you current political system, we deserve better"
Now whether Trump is actually an outsider is up for debate but its a hard and fast undeniable fact Hillary is up to her eyeballs in the current corrupt system.

Its time to roll the dice America, have the balls to change the status quo and more than likely the world will follow.

It was a great speech and its my sincere hope that he does win

GO TRUMP!!!!

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   
There's something weird about this whole Trump thing-and I am absolutely not a Clintonista (shivers). I feel there's a whole movement taking place before our eyes and ears that is so discordant-pieces don't fit together. Bizarre behavior and strange out of context comments from left and right. Anyone else feeling something very odd being set up? Like the movements of a very complicated watch-behind the scenes even more going on that we can't see but will open our eyes. I am not a loud conspiracist but.....

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

What exactly is mister Donald Trump selling? A reality as it really is, instead of the artificial one created by MSM and the American government?

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I hope his speech is listened to by all voting Americans, America needs a reset and much better direction not a continuation of the Obama`s administration , your vote and direction to the world at large is important.

If Hillary is voted in it will be a sad day imo, it will be another 4 years of backwardness, until another runs for presidency and hopefully someone takes up the direction on what Trump is talking about.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

I'm not saying he's wrong, but you can sell a product with no intention of delivering it. I need more before I buy his package is the real deal.

I'm stuck in rather paranoid state at the moment to be completely honest. The PTB have me completely unsure what's real, or them tricking me so they can rape me in new more horrifying ways.
edit on 8/16/2016 by Puppylove because: grammar

+19 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Hey, I agree, but telling the truth is a start, unlike his political opponent who's selling what all politicians have been for the past 70 or more years.

One more thing. As someone else mentioned, Donald Trump is a movement. Movement against the establishment. This is the first time in my life, that I see a American presidential candidate being demonized, not just in the US, but in other countries as well. It's ridiculous

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
There's something weird about this whole Trump thing-and I am absolutely not a Clintonista (shivers). I feel there's a whole movement taking place before our eyes and ears that is so discordant-pieces don't fit together. Bizarre behavior and strange out of context comments from left and right. Anyone else feeling something very odd being set up? Like the movements of a very complicated watch-behind the scenes even more going on that we can't see but will open our eyes. I am not a loud conspiracist but.....

Well if you look at what's happening since the 1920s you can figure it out. An idea was spawned to try to unite the world under one govt. And eacheck decade since then we have seen movement towards that goal. Globalists have been studly moving forward think about the EU it was supposed to be a trade agreement. It became a government with them telling members how to vote hiw to handle money what social programs they must have. And opened up birders in europe. Then in the US there was the push to become like Europe. We see it in again social programs and agreements such as Nafta.

There was never a diffrence in policy from republican to Democrat. Step one for globalization is to remove dictators. Soros has been instrumental in this goal. The wars in the middle east were to remove dictators. Even some long time allies like Egypt. Only problem is removing dictators in the middle east has caused alot of problems. I think they underestimated the control the dictators maintained to control the populations.

Bit now I think another group has appeared in the scene and they are pushing back against globalists. First thing was Brexit let's be honest no one thought they would leave. But alot of money showed up in Britain to force that to happen. And now we are seeing thr backlash in the US as well. I just can't figure out if Trump is in on it or if he's just useful to stop globalism.

Me personally I'm not sure one world govt would be a bad thing just depends on who's in charge I guess. But I will say that fir the first time in almost 100 years we are moving away from a global community. And we're seeing the fight start in many countries. Maybe Putin was right he kept saying there was a globalist agenda and he said Russia will remain a country and fight for there right to do so. Maybe he knowas more than he's saying as well.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I thought it was a well constructed, and well considered, speech. He is absolutely right that unless you clearly define your enemy, you cannot develop strategies to defeat it.

He was quite clear about what steps need to be taken to defeat radical Islam (cut off their funding sources, hammer them militarily, capture and interrogate their leadership as often as you kill them with drones, reconfigure NATO to address what is the most pressing threat to the alliance, create joint strategies and action plans with other nations who are committed to destroying radical Islamic forces, take away their Internet recruitment platforms, educate the public about the evils of the ideology - with the help of moderate Muslim leaders, etc.)

Here's the one thing I do not get about Trump's platform...and it kind of makes me cringe every time he says it. What is he talking about, when he says, "keep the oil, keep the oil"?

Is he really saying that he believes that America has the right to take over all of the oil fields in Iraq...because it invaded and defeated Saddam Hussein (he made some comment in the speech about "to the victor go the spoils")?

If so, other than the fact...as he admits...the invasion was based on a false premise (that Saddam had WMD he was prepared to use against the US), how does he think the Middle East would react to America simply taking over Iraq's greatest natural treasure and source of income? IMHO, there would be an insurgency that never ends.

For me,if he would drop the "take the oil" bit, his message and plan is right on the money...
edit on 16-8-2016 by mobiusmale because: typos

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale
Here's the one thing I do not get about Trump's platform...and it kind of makes me cringe every time he says it. What is he talking about, when he says, "keep the oil, keep the oil".

yes, me too!

I know he was talking about the funding to ISIS angle, but i also remember during the Iraq war and the lead up, the largest criticism and fear of people was that the US planning to go in, take the oil and claim it. People cried this was the real reason for the war.

I am sure that would have crossed Trumps mind when he reviewed the speech, but he left it in.

So, is it?
a) Pandering to Big Oil? who feels a little hard done by with the current resources glut?
b) Is that a sense of dictator mentality? the ''spoils of war'' as he puts it!

I think its the former..

But, I think that he knows the bigger problems that are coming in the middle east. maybe he's thinking, if they go in and blitz ISIS then step back and let governments sort it out... There will be a lot of oil rich countries that are either being punished for their assistance to ISIS or paying back the cost of removing ISIS.... and their oil will be considered currency!
edit on 16/8/16 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I am sure somebody else will do the fact checking on that hot mess of a speech because I do not have the time to sit here and do it myself. Suffice to say, if is a good speech is you know nothing about terrorism, history, the region etc Where it gets really odd is Trump has said anybody against ISIS is our ally as am excuse for his Russia love. yet he has a problem with Iran which id against ISIS and even has Russia using it air base.

And it really annoys me that Trump pretends he was not for pulling troops out of Iraq before as soon as possible, or that did not support invading Iraq, or that he did not support the Libya intervention, or that he did not praise Clinton's job as Sec State. When it takes all of 10 seconds to search and see him say the exact opposite at the time.

And somebody get the man an atlas and actual immigration numbers. Also a timeline for ISIS.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

He's right and wrong. What should have happened was a joint venture, to protect the oil and make sure most of it's revenue went to the nation and people of Iraq.

We should never have left the fields unguarded so anyone could take control of it. That's how ISIS got control of it.

At the same time, taking it for ourselves is no better. Then we're just raiders ourselves.

We should have kept a presence until we could guarantee it was in stable hands, and acted as guardians in exchange for a lower rate of purchase or a cut of the profit.

It is a viable point of contention, and it was handled wrong.

He just takes it too far, and it would turn us into raiders.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Simple, we take over the oil.

Make sure it's safe and the money from sales gets to where it's supposed to go.

Not being skimmed by everyone and his brother.

That's what I get out of it.

Run the fields until things are stable.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

It looks to me that there is a faction of elites who think they have a shot to take down the rest of the elites, some sort of civil war between them. Perhaps they believed this is the last shot. The US is the most important piece on the chessboard. 

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Simple, we take over the oil.
Make sure it's safe and the money from sales gets to where it's supposed to go.
Not being skimmed by everyone and his brother.
That's what I get out of it.
Run the fields until things are stable.

If he means that the U.S. should have kept the oil fields safe, and made sure the revenues were not going to nefarious players like ISIS...then that makes sense.

If he means that the U.S. is entitled to Iraq's oil, for its own purposes and benefit, then I think he needs to give that some more thought...

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

I'm beginning to think you might be right. Certain things just aren't adding up without that piece in place.

It explains a hell of a lot.

If that is the case, Trumps side seems to be the incumbents, and thus the underdogs in this clash of the Titans.

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
I am sure somebody else will do the fact checking on that hot mess of a speech because I do not have the time to sit here and do it myself. Suffice to say, if is a good speech is you know nothing about terrorism, history, the region etc Where it gets really odd is Trump has said anybody against ISIS is our ally as am excuse for his Russia love. yet he has a problem with Iran which id against ISIS and even has Russia using it air base.

And it really annoys me that Trump pretends he was not for pulling troops out of Iraq before as soon as possible, or that did not support invading Iraq, or that he did not support the Libya intervention, or that he did not praise Clinton's job as Sec State. When it takes all of 10 seconds to search and see him say the exact opposite at the time.

And somebody get the man an atlas and actual immigration numbers. Also a timeline for ISIS.

You are showing bias. It's that simple. I don't blame you as there is a lot of it on both sides, but you can't listen to that speech and call it a hot mess, without being severely clouded in your judgement.

I thought the speech was ok. There were some points he made that were spot on, others, he simplified too much, but I understand why. The issue of the timeline of ISIS is a complete red herring. He made clear that ISIS was a much smaller threat before the disastrous policies of Obama (and Clinton). That is true. No one cares about the 1,000's years history of Islamic terror groups. You will notice that Trump made it clear this is more than just ISIS. He is going after ALL the terror groups including Hamas and Hezbollah.

The undeniable truth is that America has completely and utterly failed in the ME and messed up the region (possibly beyond repair). This is not just Obama's and Clinton's fault, but also the Bush's and Bill Clinton and yes even Reagan. It is WAY past due that the US stops trying to nation build using threats and subversion that leads to hundreds of thousands of dead.

Trump's approach is the last hope for peace.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join