It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you get into Heaven through numerous different religious beliefs?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Bubba1020

Jesus is the only way to Heaven.

There is not one religion that will get you to Heaven.

Even those who say they have no religion still have their own religion.

YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN !

***SNIP***

edit on 10/6/2016 by Blaine91555 because: Need permission to include link to personal site.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I think they can if or as long as they have love or compassion heart to others, or God not too realy care about their faith!!! ...

>>>1 Corinthians 13:13 Modern English Version (MEV)
13 So now abide faith, hope, and love, these three. But the greatest of these is love.

Coz many of them just follow the culture & tradition of their parents or the place/country they live in!!! ... 😀😀😀
edit on 19-10-2016 by Edingo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: JasonG559
That's your belief a reply to: Peeple

And You're typing Your belief.. That is one of many that I cannot fathom. Why is it that He is 'wrong' but You are 'right'? Because "Pastor Dave" or whomever told You on a Sunday AFTER He passed the hat around?? So You're getting Your religion™ 2nd hand. Whatever the Orator 'believes' gets passed down. Don't believe Me? Check any thread and You'll have members like YourSelf type what the different verses means and another from Your same "sect" will DI-agree (the opposite of whole)

Why does the thought of "aliens" make the Acolytes/zealots immediately declare "Demons" Hunab Ku being The One Infinite Creator also would've created the aliens. Why is that hard to grasp?

"Religion is for folks afraid of Hell, "Spirituality" is for folks who've already been...." The Great Sioux Nation.

Perhaps instead of "thinking" 'believing' 'felt' He actually KNOWS. Knowing trumps the others...

Do You honestly think God would turn HER back on Gandhi if He were to float on by? Really?

How does God feel about the reported "Jews™" that are occupying a 'homeland' when it was God who originally took the land away and ONLY God can restore the "homeland"? Per The Torah™?

What are YOUR thoughts as they relate to Jesus being mentioned more times than Mohammed in The Holy Quran?

Is the group consciousness entity "Mysterious9" in YOUR estimation/judgement "positive" or "negative"?

Here is a friendly tip and feel FREE to use or not as I operate in a "Free Will Zone" "Do NOT judge, and You'll never be mistaken..."- Emile, Rousseau

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: GailNot

You do realise that was an answer to your only the scripture is right statement?
Your opinion about my facts is irrelevant from the start. You're glaringly wrong.

Make sure You go back and read the reply 2 above this one. Make sure You're sitting down and I only type this because it'll make the trip to the floor shorter to begin the laughing.

____________________________________________________________________________________

All the religions™ are 'different' this is what makes them the 'same' So remove what is the 'same' in the 'different' religions™ and TheTruth will appear...

One also needs to remember that Shiva; Lao Tzu; Confucius; Mohammed; Moishe (Moses); Jesus The Chris† were just trying to spread the news, they weren't in it to make a religion™ It was the human looking for control that made them religions™ and then "THEY" corrupted it further by monetizing the snip out of it...

Once "They"(religions™) start paying their taxes I'll listen to what they have to say/type/utter but until "They" do I'll be donning My Walkman™ headphones...

Shalom
Vaya Con Dias

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
God's word is Holy because he inspired it:

(2 Timothy 3:16) All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness,

Never is Holy Scripture merely mans word, but God's spirit, which is holy, inspired his faithful followers to write what is truth:

(2 Peter 1:20, 21) . . .For you know this first, that no prophecy of Scripture springs from any private interpretation. 21 For prophecy was at no time brought by man’s will, but men spoke from God as they were moved by holy spirit.

Holy Scripture never pretends to be man's word, but always claims to be God's word. And God shows that it is so.

(Micah 1:1) The word of Jehovah that came to Miʚcah of Moʚresh¡eth, in the days of Joʚtham, Aʚhaz, and Hez¡e¡kiʚah, kings of Judah, and that he received in a vision concerning Sa¡marʚi¡a and Jerusalem

So to 'prove' the Bible™ is "true" You are referencing the Bible?

You did know that Micah re-nounced that when He became the angel Micah-El right? But You'll have to read the Gospels that didn't make it by 'The Quorum' the Men who copied other Men's words..

Are You familiar with Adam's first Wife?
What are Your thoughts about Moishe (Moses) only turning in 2 slabs of concrete instead of the 3 and where was the written scroll which accompanied them?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: GailNot

The man made god is just that, man made, get enlightened and start living by your hart and good towards others, and stop judging those that do no follow your believes.

That's counterproductive when it comes to earning your lessons in this life.

Life is no complicated, is to be enjoyed, we humans just make it complicating believing in too many silly things and non existent monsters, and blaming anything for our shortcomings, religion was mean for soul advancement, no for complaining when things do not go our way.

Open your hart and liberate yourself from the chains of religious enslavement.

Hi Marg-

I added this for Her but it was real lengthy so I'll also bold it this time... Good chat.

"Do NOT judge, and You'll never be mistaken..." Emile, Rousseau 1762

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Whew! Glad I wasn't the only one bothered by that statement o_O

Now, what if someone doesn't believe in ANY religious belief? What even defines a religious belief? Believing in a define being that created us for an unknown reason? I just can't even go into that right now!

Honestly, I don't think it MATTERS what religion you may or may not believe in or if you believe in anything at all. This universe that we know we live in was here billions of years before we showed up and it will be here billions of years after we are gone. To think that we are so specially unique and separate from everything else that we have some heavenly kingdom waiting for our souls beyond this life is completely selfish and ignorant, to be honest.

And i honestly mean that in the nicest of ways without any intention of making a jab at anyones personal belief.

A belief is a belief is a belief. It's kind of like a theory. You BELIEVE that if you do something a certain way it will lead to a certain result but you're not %100 sure about any of it at all. It's simply speculation.

I'm only saying this because I'll never have an answer and no one will ever have an answer. Truth is, we all live for a brief period and then we all die. That is a FACT. Why worry about what awaits us after death when I seriously doubt anyone is fighting their way back.
edit on 20-10-2016 by PageLC14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bubba1020
Before I start, I would like to make clear that I am Christian, and I have no doubt what-so-ever that I am going to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven when I leave this earth, but I also believe that you can still enter into Heaven even if you have a totally different belief system other than my own. No human can say whether or not you are going to heaven or hell. That is not for myself, nor any other person to decide. That is a choice between that person and God only, no matter what name they call Him.

Namaste, my friend. Contrarily to popular opinion, just about everybody goes to Heaven. It does not matter where you are from, what religion you have, or what kind of beliefs you have, God only requires a tiny bit of faith in you heart to receive the gift of salvation. Your faith could be 5 minutes or a lifetime, it does not matter to our Father. What kind of faith you ask? Faith like a little child that there is a Higher Being looking after all of us. Yes, even an Atheist can go to Heaven. Curious? Take a look at my thread called God Questions and Answers for more details: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace be with you.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

So to 'prove' the Bible™ is "true"

Actually the Bible isn't trademarked, it's in the public domain and free to reprint. In terms of proving anything true that's for each individual soul to come to understand on their own, it just so happens that the words of Jesus resonate with the soul of many truth seekers.

"Whoever belongs to God hears what God says."
edit on 23-10-2016 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Actually the "™" is part of the computer program I use to scramble My posts to any party not authorized to view it. I use it not for businesses or when somebody is making a buck e.g. The Clinton Cabal™; The Clinton Fraudation™; The Drumpf Fraudation™ et al. etc.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium
a reply to: cooperton

Actually the "™" is part of the computer program I use to scramble My posts to any party not authorized to view it. I use it not for businesses or when somebody is making a buck e.g. The Clinton Cabal™; The Clinton Fraudation™; The Drumpf Fraudation™ et al. etc.

But Jesus preached selflessness, virtue, love, and ultimately giving away all your belongings to the poor (not the wealthy church) - indicating this was no conspiracy of control or profit, but that Jesus's words have no ulterior motive. Yes, people have taken the word and used it for ulterior motives, but that does not make the original Word untrue, it only fulfills Jesus's warning regarding hypocrites.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I don't think anyone can buy their way to heaven through a religion.
There is only one heaven and the different religions would be squabbling over whos' was the right one.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DaisyPusher
I don't think anyone can buy their way to heaven through a religion.
There is only one heaven and the different religions would be squabbling over whos' was the right one.

I'm not so sure of this. I believe the Hindus, Buddhists, Christians and even Greek Philosophy are all pointing towards the same Truth. The only difference being that Christ was the fulfillment of the prophecy and the one who opened the gates to heaven.

"If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me."

There is plenty of overlap between the philosophies mentioned above, but Jesus is the literal gate that fulfills the Good-Loving Truth that the Greeks, Buddhists, Hindus, etc were musing about.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Babylon the Great

Definition: The world empire of false religion, embracing all religions whose teachings and practices do not conform to the true worship of Jehovah, the only true God. Following the Flood of Noah’s day, false religion had its beginning at Babel (later known as Babylon). (Gen. 10:8-10; 11:4-9) In time, Babylonish religious beliefs and practices spread to many lands. So Babylon the Great became a fitting name for false religion as a whole.

In the symbolism of Revelation, Babylon the Great is referred to as a “great city,” a “kingdom” that rules other kings. (Rev. 17:18) Like a city, it would have many organizations within it; and like a kingdom that includes other kings in its domain, it would be international in scope. It is described as having relations with political rulers and contributing much to the wealth of men in commerce, while itself being a third element that “has become a dwelling place of demons” and a persecutor of “prophets and of holy ones.”—Rev. 18:2, 9-17, 24.

Ancient Babylon was outstandingly noted for its religion and its defiance of Jehovah

Gen. 10:8-10: “Nimrod . . . displayed himself a mighty hunter in opposition to Jehovah. . . . And the beginning of his kingdom came to be Babel [later known as Babylon].”

Dan. 5:22, 23: “As for you [Belshazzar king of Babylon] . . . against the Lord of the heavens you exalted yourself, . . . and you have praised mere gods of silver and of gold, copper, iron, wood and stone, that are beholding nothing or hearing nothing or knowing nothing; but the God in whose hand your breath is and to whom all your ways belong you have not glorified.”

An ancient cuneiform inscription reads: “Altogether there are in Babylon 53 temples of the chief gods, 55 chapels of Marduk, 300 chapels for the earthly deities, 600 for the heavenly deities, 180 altars for the goddess Ishtar, 180 for the gods Nergal and Adad and 12 other altars for different gods.”—Quoted in The Bible as History (New York, 1964), W. Keller, p. 301.

The Encyclopedia Americana comments: “Sumerian civilization [which was part of Babylonia] was dominated by priests; at the head of the state was the lugal (literally ‘great man’), the representative of the gods.”—(1977), Vol. 3, p. 9.

Reasonably, therefore, Babylon the Great as referred to in Revelation is religious. Being like a city and an empire, it is not limited to one religious group but includes all religions that are in opposition to Jehovah, the true God.

Ancient Babylonian religious concepts and practices are found in religions worldwide

“Egypt, Persia, and Greece felt the influence of the Babylonian religion . . . The strong admixture of Semitic elements both in early Greek mythology and in Grecian cults is now so generally admitted by scholars as to require no further comment. These Semitic elements are to a large extent more specifically Babylonian.”—The Religion of Babylonia and Assyria (Boston, 1898), M. Jastrow, Jr., pp. 699, 700.

Their gods: There were triads of gods, and among their divinities were those representing various forces of nature and ones that exercised special influence in certain activities of mankind. (Babylonian and Assyrian Religion, Norman, Okla.; 1963, S. H. Hooke, pp. 14-40) “The Platonic trinity, itself merely a rearrangement of older trinities dating back to earlier peoples, appears to be the rational philosophic trinity of attributes that gave birth to the three hypostases or divine persons taught by the Christian churches. . . . This Greek philosopher’s [Plato’s] conception of the divine trinity . . . can be found in all the ancient [pagan] religions.”—Nouveau Dictionnaire Universel (Paris, 1865-1870), edited by M. Lachâtre, Vol. 2, p. 1467.

Use of images: “[In Mesopotamian religion] the role of the image was central in the cult as well as in private worship, as the wide distribution of cheap replicas of such images shows. Fundamentally, the deity was considered present in its image if it showed certain specific features and paraphernalia and was cared for in the appropriate manner.”—Ancient Mesopotamia—Portrait of a Dead Civilization (Chicago, 1964), A. L. Oppenheim, p. 184.

Belief regarding death: “Neither the people nor the leaders of religious thought [in Babylon] ever faced the possibility of the total annihilation of what once was called into existence. Death was a passage to another kind of life.”—The Religion of Babylonia and Assyria, p. 556.

Position of the priesthood: “The distinction between priest and layman is characteristic of this [Babylonian] religion.”—Encyclopædia Britannica (1948), Vol. 2, p. 861.

Practice of astrology, divination, magic, and sorcery: Historian A. H. Sayce writes: “[In] the religion of ancient Babylonia . . . every object and force of nature was supposed to have its zi or spirit, who could be controlled by the magical exorcisms of the Shaman, or sorcerer-priest.” (The History of Nations, New York, 1928, Vol. I, p. 96) “The Chaldeans [Babylonians] made great progress in the study of astronomy through an effort to discover the future in the stars. This art we call ‘astrology.’”—The Dawn of Civilization and Life in the Ancient East (Chicago, 1938), R. M. Engberg, p. 230.

Babylon the Great is like an immoral harlot, one living in shameless luxury

Revelation 17:1-5 says: “‘Come, I will show you the judgment upon the great harlot who sits on many waters [peoples], with whom the kings [political rulers] of the earth committed fornication, whereas those who inhabit the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication.’ ... And upon her forehead was written a name, a mystery: ‘Babylon the Great, the mother of the harlots and of the disgusting things of the earth.’” Revelation 18:7 adds that “she glorified herself and lived in shameless luxury.”

Is it not true that the dominant religious organizations have made it a practice to consort with political rulers for power and material gain, though this has resulted in suffering for the common people? Is it not also true that their higher clergy live in luxury, even though many of the people to whom they should minister may be impoverished?

Why can religions that profess to be Christian properly be viewed as a part of Babylon the Great, along with those who know nothing of the God of the Bible?

Jas. 4:4: “Adulteresses, do you not know that the friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever, therefore, wants to be a friend of the world is constituting himself an enemy of God.” (So, though they know what the Bible says about God, they make themselves his enemies if they choose friendship with the world by imitating its ways.)

2 Cor. 4:4; 11:14, 15: “The god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through.” “Satan himself keeps transforming himself into an angel of light. It is therefore nothing great if his ministers also keep transforming themselves into ministers of righteousness. But their end shall be according to their works.”

Revelation 18:23:

...for your merchants were the top-ranking men of the earth, and by your spiritistic practices all the nations were misled.
Source: Babylon the Great

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   
The information about Babylon the Great above, the biggest religious conspiracy ever, should answer the question raised by the OP (as does the video at the end in no uncertain terms). If it's still unclear, read the rest under the link cause I was out of space for the topics:

Why is it urgent to get out of Babylon the Great without delay?

What will happen to people who did not know Bible truth but lived and died in the past as part of Babylon the Great?

Regarding those who think it doesn't matter (you only have to read a couple of comments back) and are in essence promoting the same doctrine, philosophy and ideology as Anton LaVey (founder of the church of Satan) championed: "do as thou willst" (I believe it's also called the Will of Thelema, and there are many more who live by it without admitting to it, adopting an "anything goes" policy, or almost anything especially regarding the things the bible calls "wicked" and commands and instructs to avoid):

The videos are also related to the question in the OP.

This is your wake-up call (another one):

"Jah" is short for "Jehovah" (also used in the bible):

edit on 27-10-2016 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Can you believe that heaven is a an extreme usage of the 7 deadly sins? Your gonna be jealous that someone is god and only because they are an average citizen on heaven as you are and you wanted something nostalgic there is none.

You wanted food galore i'm sure gluttony.

You can sleep aslong as you want sloth.

You'll probably think very highly of yourself once you built a caslte.

so on and so on.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Yes I do believe this to be the case. Different religions are nothing more than a construct of different cultures, however all religions teach the same basic beliefs as any other, it's just in a different language. Riotous is riotous no matter the construct. Good is good no matter the language. Faith is faith no matter the religion.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
This is a 1st person story of Jack Pepper.

Im walking down the city mall and theres people all around. I see a person with a bag full of money and then i heard him again....

'Hello Jack its God again. See that money its yours. If he resist Jack... kill him. Kil'm'all.'

No i think, this isnt right, so i turn around and walk in the other direction.

Suddenly the skies changed colour, to a shinny silver with streaks of gold shooting forward were the sun was positioned a moment ago. Im momentary shocked!

'Why dont you love me? I give you life, i give you the euphoria of my love. I just want to make you happy.'

A wave of euphoria sweeps threw me, making me stumble.

'Take the money and live a better life. This is my gift to you. Take it. Kill them!'

Overcome by an overwhelmingly power im flattened on the ground. Pinned by an invisible force.

'TAKE IT!! KILL THEM!!' The voice screams.

In a rage i stand up and find that everyone is starting at me.... so i charged.

Charged straight for the first person when i got a wack to the left side of my head. Dazing me. But i got up quick no!

And punched the nearest person in the face and grabbed him by the throat when i was suddenly pushed backwards onto the ground.

I reached up to my face and saw bright red. My vision fading and a face looming above me pointing something black at me.

'Should have took the money when i first said so Jack.'

No i though... should have took my pills this morning.

And then everything, the world, and my mind.... disappeared into a nothingness beyond nothing.

The End.

Coomba98
edit on 27-10-2016 by coomba98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
What if everyone's beliefs are right. Maybe whatever you truly believe in this life in relation to the afterlife, is exactly what you will experience when you die. Maybe having 'faith' of some kind in some thing is really important.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seagle
What if everyone's beliefs are right. Maybe whatever you truly believe in this life in relation to the afterlife, is exactly what you will experience when you die. Maybe having 'faith' of some kind in some thing is really important.

Namaste, my friend. You should read my thread here: God Questions and Answers. You are correct about having faith in God, some higher being, Source, or Divine Presence. That is the only requirement for eternal life. Eternal life means that you will be resurrected with a new body after death. With this new body, you can live with other fellow students of God's journey back to where He resides.

It is true that your mind is a powerful tool that can manifest a reality to what you believe in, but only while you are still dreaming or in a near-death experience. When you live in God's many worlds created for all of us, it is so beautiful and peaceful that anything else is a pale imitation.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join