It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry, But Your Astute Election Posts Aren’t Changing Anybody’s Mind

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

That's funny, because I started out very skeptical of Obama (I don't believe rhetoric like "Hope and Change" just because someone says it on the campaign trail), which continued into the 2012 election. I didn't vote for him either time, but now I like him quite a bit as President. He's done a lot of good things and all it takes is for someone to step away from the partisan war to see that.

I'm sure you'll come around again in 10 - 20 years when history starts to reveal Obama's legacy. Or not. I can't make you be open minded.
edit on 16-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I basically made this same topic a few days ago: When have you been persuaded?. Minus the survey, mine was based on pure observation.

To me, it's all just a pissing contest to see who can get the most stars, and whoever wins feels like a champ. Their one sentence posts like "Another fake story from Clinton News Network." does nothing to convince anyone of anything, yet will get an enormous amount of stars. This validates their opinions and only encourages them to continue to make ridiculously needless posts.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

but in the USA we are now 100% electronic voting machines...

Not if you are saying we all have to vote via computer screens like ATM machines or 'apps'. My state still has paper ballots. You fill in the dots like an SAT test, and feed it into the machine. Yes, the machine is an old school dot-reader, so I suppose it could be manipulated/hacked, just like any other electronic output. Hell the Temp Gauge in my Honda goes haywire if I turn on the A/C even when the engine is not overheating.

But keep in mind that the caucuses are still paper ballots thrown in a box and counted by hand and eyes.

edit on 8/16/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

Through the years I've seen people believe in someone or something because of memes and what their peers say. I see people start threads all the time asking: what do you think about so and so - I'm on the fence...

I see people move away from something or someone they once loved if that's what's trending

You can love Obama and hate Obama then love him again - but he's still Obama. Obviously this goes for anyone or anything - on the left or the right. People, policies - climate change and vaccinations. Science, facts and actual recorded quotes be damned. When people believe something - they just believe. Until they don't

I don't know why people finally change their minds - but they do

This is an interesting topic

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
yeah i think everyone has their minds made up on who they will vote for and nothing will change that. democrates have proven that they will vote for convicted criminals,remember marion barry?
it doesn`t matter what hillary does or gets convicted of doing, democrates will still vote for her.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

I disagree I've known multiple people who've changed their vote this year. Multiple times. I know I'm still sway-able except where it comes to Hillary. My vote isn't in stone, it's just one hundred percent not Hillary.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join