It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ball is in your court...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Conservatives, you have won. You and the Republican party control everything. Which means that everything that happens in the next two years (depends on the mid-terms) or so can be blamed or credited to you. You can get away with any partisan thing you want except for maybe amendments to the Constitution. (I don't think you have enough to get past the amount needed without pulling in some Democrats) The Supreme court has more of your appointees than Democrat apointees. You have it all. You are all on top of the world right now. Now this post isn't meant to complain as to the hows and the whys it happened the way it did. I just want to start by congratulating you all.

There is one small problem though. I stated earlier that you "can" be blamed. No, you will be blamed. If any bad thing happens...it will be blamed on you. There is no longer those pesky Democrats that can stop you. Your vision for America should be able to be achieved. You can pretty much get away with anything you want. But you better be damned sure that what you do is better for the masses than the priveledged. You must ensure that America is safer because you cannot scapegoat the "life-long politicians", the "un-American Democrats". I don't know if you are going to shine or screw up, but one thing is for sure, the blame will be laid upon your doorstep.

And I know that you will find a way to try to pass it off if the bad stuff occurs. (Both sides do this) After all, C.Y.A. should be the new of D.C. But it won't stick with those who do keep up with politics.

But this is your unique chance to prove that your ideas are the best for this blessed nation. And I hope that for America's sake, you don't screw it up. Because if you do, it may not be a matter of re-election...but it may be the end of our America. The ball is yours...

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I believe the phrase you're looking for, OXmanK, is "put up or shut up." Well, there's another, more Southern expression that I could use, but it would never get past the censors.

Ah, the next 4 years will be a wild ride. Much like a roller coaster: hold on tight, try not to throw up, and pray that the train doesn't crash and kill everybody.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
There will be plenty of open-minded individuals who will counter-attack the facist right-wing agenda of the Bush regime (Yes, a regime)

Violent or non-violent, someone needs to defeat the right-wing backwards and facist agenda of the Bush regime.

For a man who's religion dictates his policy... one who allows American jobs to be sent overseas putting hundreds of thousands or even millions out of work. One who is constantly provoking people in the middle east.. he is the cause of the attacks by "radical islam" Radical Islam is a response to the facist agenda of the Bush admin whoose sole purpose is to push unwanted corporate government and corrupt "democratic" policies on the middle east.

Democracy.. for those who are rich.

And if Bush decides to act like he's the "savior" and invade Iran. I hope Iran DOES use some nukes on the invading army or chemical weapons or whatever they have. It is necessary for people to counter-attack any type of warmongering with an equal amount of force.

[edit on 20-1-2005 by RedOctober90]

[edit on 20-1-2005 by RedOctober90]

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
OXmanK, interesting post,

There is some truth to your ideas, but I think you may have taken them to an extreme.

What happens when the conservatives mess up? As you said, it is not if, but when, so when it does, is the brittle fabric of our nation going to crumble to a suffocating dust? Are we to be strangled by the vapors of our own mistakes?

No, they will screw up, look like fools, and the nation will continue the way it always does. There is not an opportunity for us to destroy ourselves. Mass panic is not going to start if the conservatives revamp S.S. The elderly will not be commiting mass suicide over medicare. It is easy to get caught up in the drama, things are not as bad as people make them seem, and people still do not make them seem that bad.

I would appreciate you from associating the mistakes of a detached group in D.C. with the conservative beliefs. There are as many differing opinions on capital hill as there are Senators, Congressman, Judges, and executives. When the mistakes occur, let us blame them on those responsible, and not on half the nation.

RedOctober90, who are you??

Where do you get the insane ideas you spout forth so plentifully?

You hope Iran DROPS A NUKE ON OUR TROOPS? You hope they poison our soldiers with biological weapons? That's an American statement!

That seems more like a fascist attitude, the sacrifice of thousands of American soldiers will better the nation? As long as you aren't touched, here in these United States.

What do we stand to gain from liberating the Iraqi's and turning their government over to them? Oil? right... that is an all-reaching excuse.

We just lover the blood! Bush LOVES what the war is doing for his approval rating! He can't get enough of the carnage! He must be stopped!

Religion is a set of ideals and values, which provide the only reliable form of judgement. How can someone make decisions without morals? Bush does not impose his religious beliefs on anybody, what are you whining about? What religous-induced policy has shattered the ground of the world in which you live?

Brush up on your vocabulary before you start winging off words like fascism.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
OXmanK,

Actually, the democrats still have enough votes in the senate to not allow any voting to actually occur (i.e. filibuster). Many state governments are still democratically controlled (governor or legislature). Ergo, democrats still have a say in what goes on during local and national events.

What have we seen so far this year with respect to placing blame? I'm sure Bush will like taking the blame for Iraqi elections.

RedOctober90,

Welcome back from Bush-haters anonymous. It's an oddity that some Bush haters argue that Bush isn't really religious, and that others do. Maybe both sides will cancel themselves out.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I don't think it is "overly dramatic" because of the political climate of this country. We are almost evenly split. Right now, America does not seem whole. And it will only get worse if bad things start to happen. Do you think there will be much of the USA left (the US that we know) if another big "9-11" type event happens?

There is a huge intangible gap in between "our side" and "your side" that will not be bridged by partisan politics. And it seems like it is coming to that. I do not try to hide the fact I don't like Bush. (I didn't like Kerry either.) The main reason I do not like Bush is his "unwaveringness". I find that if he gets something stuck in his head, he will see it through or die trying. He is not what we need, IMO. But, since he is here...he needs to take notice of the climate of this country. And hopefully, he might realize that the "if your not with us" type speeches aren't going to help matters in this country.

Of course, all of my thoughts are probably off the deep end...worst case scenario type ideas. But I just cannot see us as a country surviving with the people being this badly divided. IMO.

As far as fillibustering, I doubt they'll use that. Well, with one exception...judicial nominees. If they only use fillibuster tactics, they will lose most of their seats come midterm.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Oxman, i to agree with your overall idea that as the republicans have a clear majority in government, that it is their time to shine or take responsabillity for theirs....

Tho id have to say the USA will not end from any but the most grievous things like Red Oct spews...

RedOct, i too want to know what rock you crawled out from under?
Red propagates,

For a man who's religion dictates his policy... one who allows American jobs to be sent overseas putting hundreds of thousands or even millions out of work. One who is constantly provoking people in the middle east.. he is the cause of the attacks by "radical islam" Radical Islam is a response to the facist agenda of the Bush admin whoose sole purpose is to push unwanted corporate government and corrupt "democratic" policies on the middle east.
Religion may guide him, but policy still needs to go thru the machine of the political system....he cant just snap his fingers and push god in as law...nor has this occured.

Allows USA jobs to go overseas....
Hmm so i guess the government should control all business eh? state run like in China or the old USSR? Why no blame for greedy corporations that are actually doing what they want? No look at become globalized economically or be left out eh? Typical Commie outlook here.
putting an uncited # between some guess and 10 times that guess that have lost jobs is quite the span of a guess eh?

One who is constantly provoking people in the middle east.. he is the cause of the attacks by "radical islam"
Hmm so the attacks by radical islamists in africa (2 embassies), the USS Cole, the first world trade center bombing etc etc etc that all happened BEFORE bush was even President...he caused eh? The terrorists used their precognition to see Bush comming and acted eh?

Radical Islam is a response to the facist agenda of the Bush admin whoose sole purpose is to push unwanted corporate government and corrupt "democratic" policies on the middle east.
OHH again, radical islam just poped up the moment he was elected?
give me a break...Radical islam is a responce by greedy men, trying to control poor and uneducated masses, to prop themselves up into a position of power, using a religious fervor as the motivational tool to do so...it has been occuring for decades before Bush ever got here...

Spew some more humourous FANTASIES RED....ive missed the view from la la land.

[edit on 11-2-2005 by CazMedia]

new topics

top topics

join