It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breitbart thought the polls were biased against Trump. So it did its own poll. Clinton won.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Yes, thanks for the link.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Yep.

It shows her double digit bump from last week is on a fast and furious downward trend.

Going from a ten plus point lead down to a mere five point lead in just a week is devasting for Hillary considering there is till 12 weeks to go.

You should read your user name out loud lol.

If trump would have just shut up after the nomination he was a shoe in....however no one wants to elect a jack ass as commander and chief...

People are slowly figuring out all the scandals are fake, that's why republican commissions have investigated them and found no wrong doing.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: whyamIhere

I hope so. That would shake things up. Maybe even force the Republicans to update their message finally. If not, then the Libertarian party can always replace the Republican party. Though it would have to
get a bit more moderate.

Even though it may not look good for Trump, to say what you just said after what the democrats lost in the last two elections, even though Obama gained a second term, looks to me like you are not very astute at this. Just a rampage liberal that cant really read the cards.

Trump and the Libertarians signal disgust with the Democrats. Libertarians are certainly closer to constitutionalists than they are disgruntled liberals.

What is a "rampage liberal"? Do you know that I'm a registered Libertarian? NAAAAH. You're too busy making goofy assumptions about me.

PS: If you think that the Republicans overtaking Congress was the result of Republicanism becoming more popular than liberalism then I got a bridge to sell you. I can name quite a few reasons that are DIRECTLY within the Republican strategy that enabled them to weasel their way into Congress. At the top of the list is them extremely gerrymandering districts in their favor.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

But yes if in the end Trump doesn't get elected, I will admit I was wrong.

You have no idea how happy it makes me to see a Trump supporter not try to shoehorn in the "the elections will be rigged" argument.

Yea wow had belly full of that from liberals during the Bush years. Bush stole this Bush stole that. WOW.

Nice deflection here. Check out my join date. You'll see that I wasn't here during the Bush years. I was too busy serving in the Army and then fighting in Iraq to complain about my country and who stole what election. So check yourself, ma'am.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Krazysh0t

If you are going to rely on a major media event to shift American attitudes towards Trump, you better at least acknowledge that the event would have to happen domestically. An international event, with Trump's temperament and quick to anger attitude, won't be winning much additional support from his crisis management to it.

I rely more on the media to shift American attitudes away from Trump. Yes a domestic event (such as riots and looting in Milwaukee), terrorist attack, or scandal, though dreadful, can only help a law and order candidate.

How is the media going to do that? The media is pretty much antagonistic towards Trump. I wouldn't expect much salvation from them unless they truly ARE bought out by pro-Trump supporters and forced to do it.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

No problem.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

I realize that another poster has provided the direct link for you. But there's ways you can verify for yourself too. One way is to click the link provided in the article I used as a source in my OP, another way is to use a search engine and simply type in the name of the poll... that would have given you the direct link to Breitbart as well.

Be careful before you go dropping Sorcha Faal bombs otherwise you end up discrediting yourself.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
This poll doesn't mean a thing, because Jill Stein will not be on every ballot in America, so including her, IMO, skews the results and makes it a pointless poll, regardless as to what percentage she received or from which candidate her support came.

Plus, polls this early still really mean squat--wait for the debates, and I bet both of their numbers start declining.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
This poll doesn't mean a thing, because Jill Stein will not be on every ballot in America, so including her, IMO, skews the results and makes it a pointless poll, regardless as to what percentage she received or from which candidate her support came.

Plus, polls this early still really mean squat--wait for the debates, and I bet both of their numbers start declining.

I think we are already past the point that would make this the biggest come back in history.

I know that no one down this much in the last 2 months has ever one.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Being the outrageous focus of attention is all Trump knows.

His reality show shtick worked in the primary season, appealing to voters desperate for change and strength.

But as he gets closer to the presidency, a broader electorate is deciding how much risk Trump’s vulgarity, vapidity, and vexing disregard for the truth are worth.

When his grossly inflated self-image is undercut by reality, he tries more of his insane same. More provocation. More exaggeration. More extremism.

A fairy tale wrapped in hyperbole and covered in lies, this fragile man who insists on being called “Mr. Trump” is spiraling downward like an addict reaching for a dirty needle. It may be his last, but he can’t live without it.

Biting The Hand That Fed Him about Trump, from The Atlantic (real, non-biased journalism). (Linked via RealClearPolitics)

Just so you guys know that I'm not the only one who thinks Trump is a poser and has said he is a mess. He is flailing. And good for Breitbart - maybe they're trying to distance themselves from the loons after all (?). We shall see.

Do you Trump fans ever think about how you are? Or what you'll say after? There's a new thread posted - "What if he loses?"
I'd like to know the answers to that OP myself. What will you do?

edit on 8/16/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: fix title for accuracy

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This is from surfing Vox further.
The media vs. Donald Trump: why the press feels so free to criticize the Republican nominee

if Trump isn’t going to even pretend to be vetting his sources and fact-checking his arguments, then the press isn’t going to pretend to believe what he’s saying.

But here's a vid that some members might find notable:

The rise of Donald Trump is a terrifying moment in American politics

Trump's other gift [besides being undeniably fun to watch and entertaining] — the one that gets less attention but is perhaps more important — is his complete lack of shame.

It's easy to underestimate how important shame is in American politics. But shame is our most powerful restraint on politicians who would find success through demagoguery. Most people feel shame when they're exposed as liars, when they're seen as uninformed, when their behavior is thought cruel, when respected figures in their party condemn their actions, when experts dismiss their proposals, when they are mocked and booed and protested.

Trump doesn't. He has the reality television star's ability to operate entirely without shame, and that permits him to operate entirely without restraint. It is the single scariest facet of his personality. It is the one that allows him to go where others won't, to say what others can't, to do what others wouldn't.

The final summary:

Trump is dangerous. This isn't funny. This isn't actually reality TV we're talking about.
Let's not make it an Idiocracy. Fun to watch? Maybe. Adult enough? No.

edit on 8/16/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

And you know what? He knows it, too. He's realized that it's a trap in which he will For Ev Er be entangled if he goes further. If I were him, I'd blow it big time, on purpose, go home, and wait six months before resurfacing.

edit on 8/16/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

No one ever does anything unprecedented--until they do.

I'm not saying that Trump will win--hell, I hope neither Clinton nor he win the election--but what I'm saying is that this is a relatively unprecedented race in modern times, so anything that "has happened" is kind of out the window at this point.

I just hope that Johnson gets on the stage with them during the debates--that would REALLY void anything that would be predicated on the status quo of what has never happened before.

We need a shake up in our politics. Sadly, though, I think that Trump only exists as a candidate to get Clinton elected. We'll see...

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
to the democrats on ATS...if no candidate gets 270 electoral votes, the house of representatives of congress picks the next president per the 12th amendment......so if you wonder why some conservatives are pushing for a third candidate?....that's the reason

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I love the sense of irony here. Some things to note: Gravis marketing conducting the polling. Gravis in 2014 earned the prestigious award of most botched poll. Gravis' methods are....not that great.

Again though, love the irony presented.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Who would their choice be? Romney?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

to you and whoever...

yes, and if a person "wins" and then declines to take the oath, or retracts his interest in the job (turns it down), then the "Vice President" becomes the POTUS in charge.

No, thank you.

This is what makes me feel like it's even uglier and more sinister than what it seems to be.
If he throws this election on purpose, okay. He goes home, we all carry on.

If he WINS and then abdicates on purpose before he actually takes office? Or he dies, or is found unfit? The VP on the ticket takes over. And THAT is a guy who is a Right-Wing Conservative Bible-Thumper.....

the governor of Indiana. Mike Pence

OMG. You guys, no. No.

Please, just read about him....watch him, do your homework. See....? If you vote for Trump and he is declared POTUS, and then he says "naaahhhhhh..but thanks, guys"....

this Bible-thumping homophobic warmonger (who is in the same league as Cruz and Brownback) will be the Acting POTUS.

PLEASE - be aware of that. A vote for Trump is a vote for theocracy. You guys. Really.

Pease, please pay attention to what you're doing.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ownbestenemy1
I love the sense of irony here. Some things to note: Gravis marketing conducting the polling. Gravis in 2014 earned the prestigious award of most botched poll. Gravis' methods are....not that great.

Again though, love the irony presented.

The point of showing this poll was to show that even right leaning sites' polls are showing Hillary in the lead. The accuracy of the poll is irrelevant. If accuracy was part of the OP's argument, she likely wouldn't have posted a poll posted on Breitbart and gone to a more reputable source.

By thinking you are pointing out irony here you are missing the entire point as to why this poll was posted. Hell, you pointing out that these polls are biased actually helps prove the OP's point. Which is the ACTUAL irony going on here.
edit on 16-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

a reply to: Kali74

Yeah. I probably got better odds than Trump winning the election at this point.

Umm, no. Please put the crack pipe down as it's making you look foolish again.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Political junkies have been yukking it up since last Tuesday over a Gravis Marketing poll that got a Maryland congressional race wrong by 96 — yes, 96 — percentage points. The Gravis survey, conducted in January, showed primary challenger Michael Smigiel leading Rep. Andy Harris by 29 percentage points in their Republican primary contest; Smigiel actually lost by 67 percentage points, 78 percent to 11 percent.

LINK.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

a reply to: Kali74

Yeah. I probably got better odds than Trump winning the election at this point.

Umm, no. Please put the crack pipe down as it's making you look foolish again.

Someone doesn't know what hyperbole is.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join