It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breitbart thought the polls were biased against Trump. So it did its own poll. Clinton won.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: 191stMIDET

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Kali74

Wow, Johnson got up to 9% in their poll. I wish more people would get disgusted with Trump and Clinton and vote for one of the other two in the poll.

I wish people would just vote for Jill Stein. I am ALL FOR legalizing Cannabis but Johnson wants to have completely open borders and he is very much down with the TPP so, No thank you very much.

I like Jill Stein but I can also see that Johnson is ten times better than either Trump or Hillary.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Well I just thought you were a rational type who'd take into consideration all angles and evidence when founding your opinion. Not just dismiss it because you feel confident it won't play out. Even I haven't completely called it for Hillary yet because there really IS still a chance that Trump could win. Calling it now would be silly. That is because I've considered angles that I don't approve of and factored them into my opinion. Are you telling me that you don't do that?

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Well I just thought you were a rational type who'd take into consideration all angles and evidence when founding your opinion. Not just dismiss it because you feel confident it won't play out. Even I haven't completely called it for Hillary yet because there really IS still a chance that Trump could win. Calling it now would be silly. That is because I've considered angles that I don't approve of and factored them into my opinion. Are you telling me that you don't do that?

Nonsense, I haven't dismissed it. I fully concede the statistical likelihood of those polls. All I said was that I am confident things will change. I'm not sure what you're trying to argue here.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Well that's what I was trying to get at when I asked if you thought it would be a "tad concerning". The way it was coming off to me was like the statistic couldn't even be true.

So now that I understand you better, what makes you think things will change? What is different now that wasn't different in all those other times where someone with a lead at this point in the polls won the race? For note, Hillary's lead over Trump is greater than a good many other candidates when they were at this point in the race (most races are a lot closer than the Hillary Trump one).

What are you seeing that I'm missing here that makes it likely for things to change?
edit on 15-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
How could anyone proudly cast their vote for Hillary.

Your begging that Hag to keep stealing us blind.

You must enjoy having your hair pulled.

Not saying you should vote for Trump.

Just saying how could you vote for a criminal ?

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I like when people ask me this question. So I'm going to answer:

I walk into a voting booth, get my card, or do it on the pc or however its setup this year, check hillary, submit the vote, get my cool little "I voted" sticker, then walk out the door.

Pretty simple really.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I walk into a voting booth, get my card, or do it on the pc or however its setup this year, check hillary, submit the vote, get my cool little "I voted" sticker, then walk out the door.

Pretty simple really.

I don't believe you will vote for her.

You'll be here with me holding our Johnson.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Well that's what I was trying to get at when I asked if you thought it would be a "tad concerning". The way it was coming off to me was like the statistic couldn't even be true.

So now that I understand you better, what makes you think things will change? What is different now that wasn't different in all those other times where someone with a lead at this point in the polls won the race? For note, Hillary's lead over Trump is greater than a good many other candidates when they were at this point in the race (most races are a lot closer than the Hillary Trump one).

What are you seeing that I'm missing here that makes it likely for things to change?

To restate again, what I said earlier was that I am confident world events will change the outcome of the election, ie. terrorist attacks, riots, etc.

According to the article you linked to earlier:

And there’s always the possibility, however small, for some historically unusual major news event — a scandal, a terror attack, an economic crisis — to scramble things in a way we don’t usually see.

With all the leaks, the investigations, with riots, and terrorist attacks happening near daily, I predict a drastic change will occur in the polls and the election.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Yep.

It shows her double digit bump from last week is on a fast and furious downward trend.

Going from a ten plus point lead down to a mere five point lead in just a week is devasting for Hillary considering there is till 12 weeks to go.

Erm, it's a poll by Breitbart. It has internal bias. And it still showed a Clinton lead. So the devastating part is on the part of Trump's side. As in utter horror.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Alright. So you are counting on a wing and a prayer. I gave you a star nonetheless for being honest. I just hope you understand you are lobbing up a hail mary here. I know everyone wants to believe that Hillary is guilty of something, but the fact is that she is unlikely to be indicted for anything. And as far as terrorist attacks go, you'll have to hope for something HUGELY devastating. I'm talking way bigger than anything we've seen lately, and contrary to what the right says, terrorist attacks are pretty inconsequential in the grand scheme of things here in the states. Just a bunch of anger and rage after they happen, but they are few and far between.

See. Here's my problem with your synopsis of future events. The world isn't as scary as the right wing media has been yelling it has been. Violence is on a downward tick. Terrorism is almost non-existent in this country (and domestic terrorism out numbers Muslim terrorism). Illegal immigration is actually stabilizing. The newest economic report puts the economy at a good spot (minus wages but even those are increasing too).

So unless ALL of that is a bunch of bull# and the right's crazy rhetoric has been right all along, I doubt that your global events thing is going to change the election. I could be wrong. I'm not a seer and I'm one of the first on ATS to call out people who try to predict the future, but the odds of that happening are rather low. So I dub your hopes as a hail mary pass. Good luck.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Pretty simple really.

Well see I've considered it and I really WOULD like to vote for Johnson; it's just that I don't accept the possibility of a Trump Presidency in the cards. I will take a criminal Hillary Presidency over a Trump cluster# Presidency any day. At least after four years of criminal Hillary, the country should still be standing and our allies will still be our allies. With Trump, his ego, and his inability to take criticism I'm not sure WHAT will be standing after four years.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The Clintons are responsible for many of the issues we face today. One can argue the case that she is not her husband, but come on people. The housing market crash. NAFTA. Syria. Libya. I'm voting for Johnson, but I still think that Trump is probably the least evil of the two front runners. At least with him, it's unknown. With Clinton, we know we're getting sold up the river to Wall Street and foreign interests. But at least she's not Trump. What a slogan ...

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Has anyone ever received an automated poll call? I didn't know this was done now. I'm curious about it. Are you on a list which is often called?

From Breitbart

The poll was conducted using automated telephone calls and weighted by voting patterns.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Pretty simple really.

Well see I've considered it and I really WOULD like to vote for Johnson; it's just that I don't accept the possibility of a Trump Presidency in the cards. I will take a criminal Hillary Presidency over a Trump cluster# Presidency any day. At least after four years of criminal Hillary, the country should still be standing and our allies will still be our allies. With Trump, his ego, and his inability to take criticism I'm not sure WHAT will be standing after four years.

I made a small fortune under Bill. So there's that.

I live in Cali so I doubt I will be the deciding vote.

So I guess my perfect streak of never voting for either Party remains.

I would like to see new blood in there.

On the bright side, Johnson might break 10%.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I hope so. That would shake things up. Maybe even force the Republicans to update their message finally. If not, then the Libertarian party can always replace the Republican party. Though it would have to get a bit more moderate.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I admit it is a long shot against the polling data. Trump has been a huge underdog since the beginning.

Terrorism is on the rise in the world, however. To say otherwise is foolish. Also, reserving concern only for terrorist attacks, while paying no mention to foiled terrorist plots is equally absurd. That's a false sense of security. Also, considering only terrorist attacks in the country one lives in is a little too isolationist for my own liking, especially given the foreign policy of the candidates involved.

But yes if in the end Trump doesn't get elected, I will admit I was wrong.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Well I can expand my breadth of terrorist attacks being insignificant to most of the 1st world. The fact is that most of the first world has ample checks to crack down and root out most to all major terrorist threats. Sure some slip through the cracks. No system is perfect.

But regardless, Americans care about American events during the American election. Therefore it would take a terrorist attack on American soil to shift Presidential opinions. If a major terrorist attack occurs on foreign soil, there is no basis to question gaps in our national defense security because our safety net wasn't the one tested. So even without expanding the scope of our analysis, my statistic still stands.

If you are going to rely on a major media event to shift American attitudes towards Trump, you better at least acknowledge that the event would have to happen domestically. An international event, with Trump's temperament and quick to anger attitude, won't be winning much additional support from his crisis management to it.

You have no idea how happy it makes me to see a Trump supporter not try to shoehorn in the "the elections will be rigged" argument.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I hope so. That would shake things up. Maybe even force the Republicans to update their message finally. If not, then the Libertarian party can always replace the Republican party. Though it would have to
get a bit more moderate.

Even though it may not look good for Trump, to say what you just said after what the democrats lost in the last two elections, even though Obama gained a second term, looks to me like you are not very astute at this. Just a rampage liberal that cant really read the cards.

Trump and the Libertarians signal disgust with the Democrats. Libertarians are certainly closer to constitutionalists than they are disgruntled liberals.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: whatmakesyouright

The Clintons are responsible for many of the issues we face today.

explain that please hombre,

The housing market crash.

would that be the post reagan one, or the one during a global recession caused by bankers?

NAFTA

would that be this? it was drawn up by george h. w. bush, doh.

Syria. Libya.

is that because both operation enduring freedom and operation speedy resolution, worked out so well?
both bush senior and junior started those conflicts, double doh.

With Clinton, we know we're getting sold up the river to Wall Street and foreign interests.

trump has no foreign interests, or wall street ties?

One can argue the case that she is not her husband

i imagine some here would.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

You have no idea how happy it makes me to see a Trump supporter not try to shoehorn in the "the elections will be rigged" argument.

Yea wow had belly full of that from liberals during the Bush years. Bush stole this Bush stole that. WOW.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join