It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breitbart thought the polls were biased against Trump. So it did its own poll. Clinton won.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

How about the fact that almost every Presidential candidate winning at this point in the election in the polls has gone on to win the election? That doesn't worry you even SLIGHTLY? Not even a tad?

"Almost every" isn't good enough for me. Since this poll there have been riots in Milwaukee, and I'm confident other issues around the world will affect voter decisions come election time.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Conservatives have stopped trusting all polls since Trump has been losing them so they now rely on FaceBook likes to determine he's a shoe in for the White House.

I wish I were kidding.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

It's about the irony.

I don't read Brietbart, but if they were saying the polling was biased, and ended up getting the same results, then yes it is ironic.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Last cycle, Johnson got 1% of the general election vote (I voted for him) and I look forward to seeing his numbers this time around. I hope he polls at 15% (and he's been getting very close) so he can debate Clinton and Trump. I bet Trump would like that too because it would help alleviate some of the pressure of debating Clinton for him.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

No, Johnson is on the ballot for all 50 states and Stein is in like 44 (+/-) states.

Can you still write in anymore? I don't think I can in my state but I'll double check this November.
edit on 15-8-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I find consolation in the fact that polls mean little to nothing at this stage in the game. If after the debates the numbers are the same or worse, I might start getting a little worried. Even then, polling "likely voters" is problematic for many reasons, but the most obvious one is "likely voters" don't always vote.

How about the fact that almost every Presidential candidate winning at this point in the election in the polls has gone on to win the election? That doesn't worry you even SLIGHTLY? Not even a tad?

Ignorance will not be denied this election!

link   

...and in others you have to write them in (how many people are going to do that versus just checking Hillary or Donald?)

Me. Or I am voting for Mickey Goddamn Mouse before either one of them.

link   

Yeah. I probably got better odds than Trump winning the election at this point. I was reading a while back that the betters in Vegas have actually started calculating odds on if the GOP will win the Presidency without Trump. It's like 1% or so. But it's funny how the odds that Hillary will win the Presidency are the exact same as the odds that the DNC will win the Presidency, but the odds that Trump will win the Presidency has a ~1% differential from the odds that the GOP will win the Presidency. Here's the Source.

The latest guessing game is whether Donald Trump will drop out of the presidential race before Election Day. Although his campaign has denied that this is a possibility, ABC News reports that senior Republican officials are taking the idea seriously enough that they are exploring how to replace him if he drops out.

So, what are the odds he quits?

One way to determine this is to look at the latest odds in political prediction markets. It’s not that any bettor knows what Mr. Trump will do. Rather, markets are useful because people putting their money where their mouth is are more likely to give an honest assessment than party insiders positioning for political advantage. Moreover, aggregating the intuitions of many traders usually beats relying on any group of pundits.

At the British prediction market Betfair, traders currently assess the Republican Party as holding a 25.8 percent chance to win the presidency. But they give Mr. Trump only a 24.1 percent chance of becoming president.

The difference of 1.7 percent probably reflects the possibility that Mr. Trump drops out and that an alternative Republican wins the White House.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Or a lawsuit about defrauding hard working people out of thousands of dollars.

link   

originally posted by: charolais
I think he can pull off even higher than 9%. He has a strong backing from young voters (many of whom you will not find answering land line telephones anymore).

I obviously want him to hit the threshold that would place him into the debates but time is very short now.

link   
I would rather have both houses than President. Look at Obama, even his executives orders got ripped up.
Then the Nov 1 increases for the ACA she would lose even more party races. Thing people always forget about our system is nobody has all the power. Two other branches of government to contend with. Then with a third party likely getting some skin in the game even less power for her. She won't be able to do anything but look at the four walls or find some common ground to get anything done which she won't. She will sit there and do nothing and blame it on everyone else. It will just like Obama but much worse.

link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Me too! I'd take either one.

Which is why I am buying you a drink in NYC.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

...and in others you have to write them in (how many people are going to do that versus just checking Hillary or Donald?)

Me. Or I am voting for Mickey Goddamn Mouse before either one of them.

You can do that:
presidentials.mytimetovote.com...

MOUSE, MICKEY ANAHEIM,CA 08/30/2015 Write-In

edit on 15-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   

Almost...yes...a very ambiguous description...I know what I read and it is a push....

link   

originally posted by: Swills
Last cycle, Johnson got 1% of the general election vote (I voted for him) and I look forward to seeing his numbers this time around. I hope he polls at 15% (and he's been getting very close) so he can debate Clinton and Trump. I bet Trump would like that too because it would help alleviate some of the pressure of debating Clinton for him.

I am right with you on this one. I want him in there so people can see what non-intellectually dishonest candidate looks like when they speak.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Is it just me, or is anyone else noticing that neither candidate can get about 50%?

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

He would eff things up less than Trump or Clinton so I may go Mouse.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Almost...yes...a very ambiguous description...I know what I read and it is a push....

Sorry. Nope. "Almost" CERTAINLY doesn't mean all. That's why I used the word. Therefore there is no push. You just can't admit you failed to read correctly.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

He would eff things up less than Trump or Clinton so I may go Mouse.

Errrr... Disney's mascot? The original soulless pop corporation?

edit on 15-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

They both are the most disliked candiate in US history. Trump is #1, winning by yuge margins, and Clinton is #2. It's so funny that they're both up against each other.

Jesus America, these two are the best we got? Feels bad, man.
edit on 15-8-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join