It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cologne and fragrances can cause cancer - bathing is much better

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

ok, when people say cause something, do they realize what they are saying...

if it causes cancer then everyone would get cancer if they used it. if smoking caused cancer, then if you smoke you get cancer...

the key word always missing is "CAN"

and just about everything CAN cause cancerous cells. ffs. food you eat everyday will give a person cancer faster than cigarette smoke or any other form of toxic inhalation. the only agent which can mutate cells faster than food absorbed or digested is radioactive compounds.

(there was a cancer study not too long ago dispelling a lot of nonsense surrounding cancer, google it)
edit on 15-8-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
But people won't be able to smell that you have cancer. Covering up that smell is a good thing, they can't smell if you are rotting either, this way nobody will know you are actually dead.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Because they are interesting
, plus this particular one is also very pretty.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Now2016

Actually, I have smelled and used Pantene. It smells fairly safe (I may be wrong).

Those are not the chemicals I'm talking about.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Hey you do what you want. Yeah, some people are more tolerant than others, but if its masses of people coming down with it then something to consider.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

So I shower every other day (got to keep some of our natural oils on)

Even this can be unhealthy, particularly in the summer; you may get away with it in the winter.

Particularly in the private parts, groin / armpit area harboring all sorts of microbial and fungal activity.

Not to mention the bad subtle odors you give off (offending the hot chick your trying to talk to) and your house, bed, and clothing taking on those smells (chemicals given off by the microbial/fungal activity).

----

Also the losing so much of the body/hand oils is due to commercial soaps being so aggressive. Another reason why I can't use them.
edit on 15-8-2016 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
a reply to: Now2016

Actually, I have smelled and used Pantene. It smells fairly safe (I may be wrong).

Those are not the chemicals I'm talking about.

My stepdaughter is a beautician. She said the PH level of Pantene is the same as a perm.

But I still use it anyway.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

OP, you are right. However if you go down that route, you have to avoid everything from shampoos to bubble baths etc.

I think the solution to this are all natural cold processed soaps. You can use that for everything including your hair. The problem is not everyone knows how to make them properly so have to find good producer.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr X
Possibly depopulation, failing that outright moneymaking at any cost.
I am actually so sensitive I can't even use the emollients that dermatologists recommend!
They are all harsh petrochemical derivatives.
I have come to the conclusion they have no interest in healing people, only sales for the pharmaceutical and petrochemical industry.

Most deodorants use aluminium which has been linked to Alzheimers and cancer.
All creams contain preservatives that are carcinogenic.

Only natural products are safe.

I think you're close to the answer. Outright depopulation would be bad for business, so any kind of product we use or food we eat is full of chemicals to make us sick. That way, Big Pharma can make as much money as possible from us before we finally shuffle off the mortal coil.

Where the funeral industry is waiting to take the rest of our money.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

Thanks for the reply. I'm not saying I suspect all synthetic chemicals, not even the ones listed in some of those articles.

I'm talking about very specific chemicals that are being used in certain products. I don't know which ones they are, but I know when I'm standing next to a guy who's used it. It's just a hunch.

And yeah, I'm not talking about natural perfumes/colognes but the cheap ones that contain those suspect chemicals.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

LOL What?? I shower twice a day, and most Brits and other Europeans I know shower every day.

Lol.. no offense, but I work in a particular job where I am exposed to many people. I am not saying even the majority of Brits/Europeans practice this - not bathing for days and just applying huge amounts of cologne thinking that others do not smell their horrific smells. Now I see this not w 'low brow' people, but with many well dressed, well off people. I know when people have not bathed for days. I mention these regions because statistically, when I encounter these people, that's where they happen to be from - evident by the language they speak. I would have to say the greatest majority of those people are French, and then maybe Brits/German/American. Of course plenty of good smelling people from all these regions.

----

This is the ingredients of Pantene Shampoo What's wrong with them? Let's see: * Behentrimonium Chloride,

Actually I tried that product, those are not the chemicals I am suspecting in this OP.
edit on 15-8-2016 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

that's not quite true, i personally take a bath once every other day and I don't smell offensive. I noticed while living, I haven't ever really had much of a body odour. first, the body gets used to different oil production. secondly, it's probably because I don't eat junk food, don't sweat as much as others, have a good diet, eat small portions, wash well during the day (face, mouth) etc. so not everyone who skips a day is going to automatically smell like garbage... honestly, it depends on the individual. some people take a shower every day or twice a day because they sweat a lot, and their body odour is simply stronger than others. but don't assume people who skip a day are disgusting. far from it.

edit on 16-8-2016 by k789koji because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat

Lol.. no offense, but I work in a particular job where I am exposed to many people. I am not saying even the majority of Brits/Europeans practice this - not bathing for days and just applying huge amounts of cologne thinking that others do not smell their horrific smells. Now I see this not w 'low brow' people, but with many well dressed, well off people. I know when people have not bathed for days. I mention these regions because statistically, when I encounter these people, that's where they happen to be from - evident by the language they speak. I would have to say the greatest majority of those people are French, and then maybe Brits/German/American. Of course plenty of good smelling people from all these regions.

hahaha now you've gone from 'Brits and other Europeans' to mainly French white-collar peeps...... you do like to stereotype, eh? lol

I asked you before: where are you from?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

USA.

Again not stereotyping, it is a statistical observation.
edit on 16-8-2016 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I just got some insight into why - not bathing for several days is prevalent for some people coming from affluent European and British backgrounds (for anyone who cares to listen).

I was just watching a documentary on it.

People who lived in cities in the 1800's often did not have running water in their apartments, which may have been several flights up.

They bathed in these things:

..or took a sponge bath.

Carrying water several flights up was difficult as was bathing itself, so bathing on a daily basis was not that practical.

I can see how people who have descended from this culture may continue these habits.

-----

Bath house culture was prevalent in older times such as in ancient Rome but somehow fell out later on.

Japanese culture in contrast had a bath house culture where people will leave their homes to take a communal bath. To take the disgusting part out of sharing a bath, you are supposed to first bathe outside of the bath/pool first by washing scrubbing and rinsing with pails of water, and then you can enter the bath to soak.
edit on 25-8-2016 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join