It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More trump temper tanties about media not supporting him

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: lortl
I've always believed that if you give Trump enough rope, gold or not, he would hang himself. It's disappointing for sure because he appears to suffer from 'stuck-in-a-ruttism' and can't seem to pull himself out and up with that rope. It appears he is tightening his own noose, dumb chit.

After enough 'hints' and out and out recommendations from some media sources that he should grow up, focus on the real issues etc., he just can't seem to move on and address authentic concerns of the people. After all, we KNOW MSM is biased, crooked and pandering. Does he think we just fell off the turnip truck yesterday? He needs to get with the program but he seems to be spiraling down to a self imposed insanity. Someone needs to kick him in the a$$ with full force so it'll knock some sense into that 'horse with blinders on' mentality.

But even though he has his flaws, I will still vote for the man. After all, the worst day with Trump is better than the best day with Hillary.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Imagine the size of the temper tantrum hes going to have when he loses the election. i wonder if he'll send a coded/not coded sorry/not sorry message saying his supporters will riot but they wont really riot.

Actually, I think he'll just fade into the background after he gets trounced in November. Like with Romney and Herman Cain (and 2014's Ebola hysteria & the 2012 Mayan Apocalypse/Rapture crap), Trump's supporters will forget all about him.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Imagine the size of the temper tantrum hes going to have when he loses the election. i wonder if he'll send a coded/not coded sorry/not sorry message saying his supporters will riot but they wont really riot.

Actually, I think he'll just fade into the background after he gets trounced in November. Like with Romney and Herman Cain (and 2014's Ebola hysteria & the 2012 Mayan Apocalypse/Rapture crap), Trump's supporters will forget all about him.

I hope we are so lucky to have a repeat of Ron Paul's loss, but the way this political season has been going I have a feeling it won't be the case.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I hope we are so lucky to have a repeat of Ron Paul's loss, but the way this political season has been going I have a feeling it won't be the case.

Wait, which part? You think he won't just fade into the background or you think he won't get trounced?

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Wait, which part? You think he won't just fade into the background or you think he won't get trounced?

I don't think he'll fade into the background. Ron Paul had the dignity to know when to bow out of the public limelight, but I'm pretty sure Trump needs it for sustenance at this point.
edit on 15-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The real issue isn't whether "the media" is biased against Trump.

The problem is that when he's targeting the media and not Hillary it directs attention away from Hillary's weaknesses and towards media accounts of Trump's inanity.

So, you wind up with yet ANOTHER news cycle for every stupid thing he says. As in: "Were we in the media wrong to call Trump on his claim that the moon is actually made of orangutan s**t? Because it's not. Watch all these clips again."

How can this moron run a country when he can't even begin to run a political campaign?

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I don't think he'll fade into the background. Ron Paul had the dignity to know when to bow out of the public limelight, but I'm pretty sure Trump needs it for sustenance at this point.

I think the only reason he's getting all of this media coverage is because of the presidential election. After he gets annihilated, his outbursts and alienating talk will be no different than Farrakhan, Mike Savage, or any other shock jock that gets virtually no attention from the country as a whole.

Plus he's attacking the entire media right now. NBC & Univision already cut ties with him in June of 2015 for his anti-Hispanic comments. He's had an on-again, off-again feud with Fox News this entire election season. Nearly the entire Republican establishment hates his guts and will surely blame him if the GOP loses the House or the Senate (many of them are regular contributors to conservative news outlets). And of course, the left wing media both hates him and is gleefully awaiting his surefire epic faceplant in November. How's he going to rebuild those bridges?

The reason I brought up the 2012 Mayan Apocalypse and 2014 Ebola Hysteria is because they were both overly hyped in the media during those election seasons. Bey both ut thcompletely disappeared after the elections. In other words, they were just hype tools to rile up the public and get people out to vote. That's what Trump's incendiary language is for 2016.

Once he's served his purpose, he'll go back to being a rich businessman, birther, and celeb. Except his celebrity status will have taken a dramatic hit because of all of the demographics he's alienated, not to mention his newly battered relations with media from all spectrums and demographics. And his birther crusade won't matter anymore because Pres Obama will be getting replaced. That just leaves his business interests, which some reports say are taking a significant beating because of his election campaign.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Well it's just that he has a LOT of experience staying in the news and being a media/social media star. Just because the MSM doesn't want to cover him anymore doesn't mean he is going to drop out of the limelight. Expect right wing blogs and Trump's Twitter presence to pick up the slack.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I just heard on the radio that Trump is spending very little $$$ on TV ads, because the media is doing the job for him. I'm especially heartened by the fact that Clinton News Network (CNN) has slipped to 3rd place, and is getting very little advertising revenue this election season. Good news all the way around it seems.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

Plus his whole campaign's been built around getting free publicity. It was naive of him to think the media would only promote stories that help him or convey the message he wants them to convey. Everyone should know by now that ad-based media only present segments that rile up and bring back viewers.

There's a word for "announcements in the media that strictly promote the message of their creator", and it's called "ads". lol In other words, he's going to have to shut up w/the inflammatory comments and push a real ad campaign if he wants to get his intended message into the media.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I just heard on the radio that Trump is spending very little $$$ on TV ads, because the media is doing the job for him. I'm especially heartened by the fact that Clinton News Network (CNN) has slipped to 3rd place, and is getting very little advertising revenue this election season. Good news all the way around it seems.

It's funny how you guys make fun of CNN all the time when they were the only network to hire Corey Lewandowski to commentate on their network. And by all accounts Corey is STILL a Trump supporter, and they haven't silenced his opinion any. But hey don't let that stop your narrative of media bias. We can't have you guys actually taking any personal responsibility here or anything.
edit on 15-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: lortl
www.abc.net.au...

Donald Trump, angered by news reports that he has grown dejected and sullen over his fading presidential prospects, has issued some of his sharpest attacks on the media. Key points: Trump says media do not discuss his real message Trump campaign chairman also takes aim at media Top Trump adviser says he needs to communicate more clearly "I am not running against crooked Hillary Clinton," the Republican presidential candidate said in a speech in Fairfield, Connecticut. "I'm running against the crooked media."

all i can say is hahahaha.
if the media dont support him its becuase theyre crooked. not because every time the donald opens his mouth foecal matter drops out.

you can trust trump supporters to tell us what hes really saying when he says something about rioting of assassinating but needs a trumpscriber

i predict trumpbots in 3,2,1... to tell me whats wrong with this article

On the other hand I'm imagining your temper tantrum when Trump WINS the election. You might want to practice pouting and throwing yourself on the floor kicking, oh, you already get plenty

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

It's funny how you guys make fun of CNN all the time when they were the only network to hire Corey Lewandowski to commentate on their network. And by all accounts Corey is STILL a Trump supporter, and they haven't silenced his opinion any. But hey don't let that stop your narrative of media bias. We can't have you guys actually taking any personal responsibility here or anything.

There's Fox Entertainment . . . then there's everyone else apparently.

I like CNN for the layout, its easy to read.

If you read an article, then don't research similar articles to get an over-all perspective - - - who's fault is that?

The incessant blaming and pointing fingers gets so old.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Ah, so instead of actually addressing certain issues, you go straight to the name calling (which is a sure sign of an abusive personality and a internet shill/disinfo agent) Let me quote every name calling instance in this reply you made, this is the "argument" that most paid "shills" on the internet resort to:

1. "incompetent"
2. "idiot"
3. "gullible"
4. "stupid"
5. "foolish"
6. "blind"
7. "incompetent" (used several times)
8. "bully"
9. "whiner"

As you can see, this is textbook deflection, and avoiding the context of actually engaging in conversation by name calling and abusive behavior. How can people take this kind of behavior seriously? Just wow. Classic. Forum. Shilling. Disinfo.

Let's see, ridiculous things that Trump has said:

"You have to bring in jobs, you have to take the jobs back from China, you have to take the jobs back from Mexico."

Is this an idiotic statement? Absolutely NOT! It is the truth about what is happening in our country.

“We will no longer surrender this country or its people to the false song of globalism."

That sounds quite fantastic to me, and not "idiotic" at all.

I could go on, but you get the drift. People should pay more attention to how forum shill/disinfo agents work and recognize the signs.

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: AutOmatIc

Really? I don't need the press to tell me how incompetent and what an Idiot Trump truly is. You're gullible to ignore the ridiculous and incompetent things that come out of his mouth!! If he wouldn't talk so stupid the press wouldn't have a field day pointing it out! It's funny how many of our allies can recognize and laugh at the foolishness and incompetency of this guy, but supporters here at home are blind to it. Stop blaming the press for calling out this idiot. He's incompetent, a bully and whiner. If that's what you want in a president that's your prerogative, good luck with that.

edit on 15-8-2016 by AutOmatIc because: spelling

edit on 15-8-2016 by AutOmatIc because: words

edit on 15-8-2016 by AutOmatIc because: shillsbtfo

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yeah, but how much of that previous media relationship included his attacks on Mexicans, attacks on Muslims, attacks on women, attacks on the parents of a dead veteran, promises to bring back more than just waterboarding, attacks on the media as a whole, attacks on Fox News, feud with NBC & Univision, feud with the NY Times, etc?

Even with his birther crap, he'd never burned bridges with entire demographics before, much less burned bridges with entire media companies. And the forgotten factor is that a lot of right wing media has direct ties to members of the Repub establishment (which he's also alienated).

He's even attacked regular conservative media contributors and/or hosts like Karl Rove, Glenn Beck, S.E. Cupp, Shep Smith, Megyn Kelly, Charles Krauthammer, Frank Luntz, George Will, and Bill Kristol (Rove, Luntz, & Kristol are also powerful political insiders). He's attacked non-conservative media contributors like Joy Behar & Anderson Cooper, as well as world leaders and many others.

Why do you think these people will give him the time of day once he gets humiliated on possibly the biggest political stage in the world? Especially if his failing campaign costs Republicans the House, Senate, and many other formerly Republican-held positions? Keep in mind that even a recent Breitbart poll shows Hillary with a 5 point lead over Trump, and an April poll showed Hillary within 3 points of Trump in Mississippi lol.

You've seen their longstanding grudges over issues like Hillary's emails, Obama's certificate of live birth, and Bill's affair. But you think they'll be forgiving and lenient if Trump costs them landslide losses all over the country?

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I know the media is biased, but I also have trained myself on how to detect propaganda. While I'm sure that newer propaganda techniques are created all the time, people in media are lazy. They like to use the same diversionary tactics over and over again. So if you familiarize yourself with the most popular handful of techniques, you can easily dissect ANY media source mainstream or otherwise. It's gotten to the point that I can glance at an article and tell if it is propaganda or not. So if there is an article or piece of news that I want to familiarize myself with but the linked article is a piece of propaganda, I'll just google search that news item and read the less sensational version of the story.

Of course doing this requires intelligence, critical thought, and the patience to read the ENTIRE article instead of just skim parts of it so it is easier for the lazy "conspiracy theorists" to just say that all media is biased and just write it all of altogether. Unfortunately for them, that just makes them part of the problem and it does nothing to alleviate their ignorance.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

That's why I said the right wing blogs and his Twitter presence will pick up the slack, but if there is something I've became acutely aware of during this election season. It's that Trump supporters are LOUD and they want to be heard. All. The. Time...

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutOmatIc

Let's see, ridiculous things that Trump has said:

"You have to bring in jobs, you have to take the jobs back from China, you have to take the jobs back from Mexico."

Is this an idiotic statement? Absolutely NOT!

If not idiotic then utterly simplistic. With no details offered to explain what he has in mind.

There is no way those jobs are coming back. Just take the example of iPhones. Their cost would double if not triple if it were even possible for the government to bring those jobs to the U.S. which it's not.

CNET

Not to mention the entire automotive industry where the supply line is integrated among multiple nations, a process that has been going on for many years. How in the world does Trump plan to undo that?

Not to mention that one of the real problems is that factory automation has eliminated a huge number of those blue-collar jobs and they aren't coming back no matter where the businesses are located.
edit on 15-8-2016 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2016 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

I know the media is biased, but I also have trained myself on how to detect propaganda.

Exactly!

And a lot of stuff on ALL sites now is from "contributing" writers.

Don't shun an Op piece, just because its an Op piece. Research the writer. Read his/her other writings. There's some good stuff in Op pieces.

I do avoid FOX though (which at one time was my go to). Might as well call FOX "soap opera" news. It's designed to grab your emotions, then fire you up. Reality not included.

edit on 15-8-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Of course doing this requires intelligence, critical thought, and the patience to read the ENTIRE article instead of just skim parts of it so it is easier for the lazy "conspiracy theorists" to just say that all media is biased and just write it all of altogether.

Unfortunately for them, that just makes them part of the problem and it does nothing to alleviate their ignorance.

Yes. Had to split this into 2 posts.

Blame, finger pointing, yada yada.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join