It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If only we had actual Journalists doing the "News"...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
One sided hit piece propaganda is NOT Ethical Journalism. Fox News has always been guilty of it sure, but I almost feel bad for them now that the gloves are off The Ruling Establishment and have the rest of the big media stations running full tilt against Trump. Let's not forget that all of the news Media were complicit in pushing the Iraq War agenda until it was well beyond too far gone. You see that was the Ruling Establishment Agenda then, where the PC Race War and stopping any outsiders to the "election" process is the Agenda today.

Here goes some relevant snippets from the Journalism Code of Ethics, something which effectively nobody in the Ruling Establishment's Media Machine apparently ever studied:

Members of the Society of Professional Journalists believe that public enlightenment is the forerunner of justice and the foundation of democracy. Ethical journalism strives to ensure the free exchange of information that is accurate, fair and thorough. An ethical journalist acts with integrity.
*Take responsibility for the accuracy of their work. Verify information before releasing it. Use original sources whenever possible.
*Provide context. Take special care not to misrepresent or oversimplify in promoting, previewing or summarizing a story.
*Gather, update and correct information throughout the life of a news story.
*Consider sources’ motives before promising anonymity. Reserve anonymity for sources who may face danger, retribution or other harm, and have information that cannot be obtained elsewhere. Explain why anonymity was granted.
*Diligently seek subjects of news coverage to allow them to respond to criticism or allegations of wrongdoing.
*Be vigilant and courageous about holding those with power accountable. Give voice to the voiceless.
*Support the open and civil exchange of views, even views they find repugnant.
*Recognize a special obligation to serve as watchdogs over public affairs and government. Seek to ensure that the public’s business is conducted in the open, and that public records are open to all.
*Boldly tell the story of the diversity and magnitude of the human experience. Seek sources whose voices we seldom hear.
*Avoid stereotyping.
*Never deliberately distort facts or context, including visual information.

And those are just some examples from the first of the Four Codes of Ethics of Journalism (Seek Truth & Report It, Minimize Harm, Act Independently, and Be Accountable & Transparent).

What is, who are this "Ruling Establishment"? It's the people above the politicians & 2 Party System, that own the national Media (which includes 'all' the entertainment & print too); the Bankster's; the Plutocrat Oligarch's. They, this 'system' are known by many names in this site depending on the individual such as the New World Order, the PATRIARCH'S, etc. FACT: They Rule By Fear, and Smear.

Their social policy is Divide & Conquer. Their propaganda generally follows the Rules of Distortions & Omissions, the general goal is Diversion from things such as unifying truths (that is for people of all walks besides theirs). Their media minions, like the people that follow them, have been socially engineered their entire lives to fall for the Great Lie.

They know not what they do, sort of. You see the human brain is pre-wired for people to align themselves into mass social groups, and then when those groups are 'attacked' the human brain is wired to reward itself for self-deceptions. These facts of human cognition are evolutionarily inherited traits. It essentially unifies all of us like blood, especially when we aren't aware of it and actively seek to suppress it (the "getting high on" self-deception part especially). The news Media ought to know this, as they did report on this once upon a time in 2016:

The Political Brain: The Role of Emotion in Deciding the Fate of the Nation
During the run-up to the 2004 presidential election, while undergoing an fMRI bran scan, 30 men--half self-described as "strong" Republicans and half as "strong" Democrats--were tasked with assessing statements by both George W. Bush and John Kerry in which the candidates clearly contradicted themselves. Not surprisingly, in their assessments Republican subjects were as critical of Kerry as Democratic subjects were of Bush, yet both let their own candidate off the hook.

The neuroimaging results, however, revealed that the part of the brain most associated with reasoning--the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex--was quiescent. Most active were the orbital frontal cortex, which is involved in the processing of emotions; the anterior cingulate, which is associated with conflict resolution; the posterior cingulate, which is concerned with making judgments about moral accountability; and--once subjects had arrived at a conclusion that made them emotionally comfortable--the ventral striatum, which is related to reward and pleasure.

Back on point, the Establishment doesn't like competition (which is the basis of pretty much every massive scale of underhanded going ons that people get up in arms about in this site on any given day). Politics is a prime example where this can be studied, along with the Media and their Establishment Bias as well. For starters, especially since Ross Perot nearly won as an independent, the Republican's & Democrat's work together to stomp out all non-Establishment outsiders. It starts in how they work together to ensure "third" parties dont get into Establishment Media hosted debates.

During a "normal" election, such as in 2004, the only "candidates that are ever much known, that have any chance whatsoever in getting anywhere in the election, well those people are all Establishment Picks. If you believe otherwise, you might as well believe that the songs they play on the radio are all there by popular choice. They aren't! What is "pop" is entirely handed to us and 'always' has been.

When outsiders finally get past the IGNORE level in Establishment Media coverage, such as in 2008, then the Establishment Media machine goes into SMEAR mode. This was blatant in both the DNC & GOP this time, as the DNC hit pieced Dennis Kucinich, while Fox News attacked Ron Paul. Both were the People's Choice picks that time. 2008:

...CONTINUED...
edit on 15-8-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
...CONTINUED...

Ron Paul came back in 2012 and they snubbed him again, of course, where at this level its their own party's news outlets running the game against them. This time, in 2016, we all witnessed it again with the Liberal Media against Bernie, and the Conservative Media against Trump. Trump managed to get beyond the primary stage, where Ron Paul failed, but had Ron Paul gotten this far we'd be seeing the exact same thing where poor Fox would have no choice but "support" him (or at least put their attention on smearing the Dem), while the rest would of course be running their "He's Hitler And Must Stopped" Playbook as we've been seeing.

Thinking back, during the Neocon years, when I used to fight side by side with Democrat's everyday for years on end, to take down the Neocon's and wake up the Bush worshipers, they made so much sense. Clearly they were against racism, for one thing. I recall Keith Olbermann always had the hardest hitting, usually spot on coverage of the Neocon's and their shenanigans.

I was devastated when shortly after Obama took power and in a mere few months Olbermann was amongst the rest of them in labelling any and all opposition to Obama's policies as "racist". I can't find the Olbermann pushing racism clip in GooTube, but here is a clip showing exactly what I mean:

I was so disgusted already by how the Establishment Media ELECTIONEERED Ron Paul and his supporters out of the game to the point of unapologetically squashing us like bugs. Now when I saw this reverse racism crap right out the Obama gates, that was it, I was "out".

I honestly haven't been keeping up on Left/Right politics for some years, so any shining examples for this discussion (from any tv channel / newspaper) since say Obama would be a big help and greatly appreciated.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
yup, i placed this link in another thread . . . but it is fitting here too.

Trump Is Testing The Norms Of Objectivity In Journalism

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I know right?!

Only two.. 3 things can happen now.

Hillary = Implosion.

Trump = Solution.

Obama = Goes insane and declares Himself the Emperor of America before the Election.

I don't think it's been this crazy since...America threw it's Tea into the Ocean and said NO to the British.

I think it's time we had a Tea Party.

edit on 8/15/2016 by awareness10 because: Mandela Effect

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

As Rush puts it, the "drive-by media" are a real lot? Again, great post with salient points, but is this what you're getting at (re: ZERO MSM outlets have any real journalists)?

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

Lol, even their article about being objective was a Trump hit piece.

You have to applaud that skill.....

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Tea Party = Anti-Obama = Racist. Get it straight!

Soon it will be:

Anti-Establishment = FEMINIST!

...if Hillary "wins".

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat

As Rush puts it, the "drive-by media" are a real lot? Again, great post with salient points, but is this what you're getting at (re: ZERO MSM outlets have any real journalists)?

Essentially. Rush surely ins't one.
Since I take often clear positions and advocate stuff (the jist of all propaganda) in such processes I'm not one either.

But I'm just some dude that shows up online making a bunch of noise from time to time, when the snip the Media sows gets too thick (is what often prompts me).

Categorically, the Big 5 Media stations, the newspapers owned by those who own the TV, absolutely are not. If they were all the major political parties would get equal attention, equal coverage, and it'd all be fair across the board all the crimes and all the gushy stuff from each candidate would be covered by each. Short of that, regardless of ones views of the finer details of my presentation herein, totally biased media is what we have which is by default anti-journalist. It's what we've always had, and as a result they should get the blame for everybody being so polarized (which is inherent when you have a binary left/right mentality driven system pushed upon a population for generations perpetual), and much much much much more.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Yep...if only we had real leaders leading our countries .......imagine.....if people worked together ....

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Right!

Problem is the Controlled Media (for generations now) ram these Establishment Picks, and divisive Binary Left/Right Party Politics down our throats to keep us malrepresented and at each others throats. It's so far gone now they have us race rioting, and such.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   

UGH NO. Feminism sucks! and thats coming from a Woman!

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   

I'd rather become a pot head than watch hillary win.

Wait.. what?

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss.

The media has played its part in all this which is not all that surprising when one looks at the roots of the information war and who sponsors it .........

We as people are our own worst enemy ...... maybe one day the collective may focus and the cause of these problems instead of being focused on the symptom

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDeLattre89
yup, i placed this link in another thread . . . but it is fitting here too.

Trump Is Testing The Norms Of Objectivity In Journalism

Odd a journalist is arguing that it's OK for them to be bias. And it's OK to spin the news interesting that jounalistic integrity goes out the window, and it's OK as long as your trying to stop the amarican people from making a mistake. Only problem is that you have to assume your position in is always right. And that is where the problem comes in people have difrent opinions on things. Me personally I am always willong to discuss things. And yes Trump has huge problems I've mentioned several times. But Hillary takes problems to a new level.

This is thr first time we have proof of a politician who is unbelievably crooked. You only have to look at things she done. What's scary about Trump is his rhetoric I don't believe he's racist however I don't Trust him not to make the wrong decisions seeing as he cant seem to come up with a consistent message.and when he makes statements they are crazy to say the least. His politics is one of simplicity how to stop terrorists stop them from entering. This is niave and simplistic. Even his ideas on China again he didn't put any thought into his solution.

He tends to oversimplify things and I know why he used to reality TV where people are much more concerned with catch phrases like your fired.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Nailed it! Thousand stars.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Journalists don't report the facts correctly now days. They use it to spin their ideas for what benefits them or their story.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
One sided hit piece propaganda is NOT Ethical Journalism. Fox News has always been guilty of it sure, but I almost feel bad for them now that the gloves are off The Ruling Establishment and have the rest of the big media stations running full tilt against Trump. Let's not forget that all of the news Media were complicit in pushing the Iraq War agenda until it was well beyond too far gone. You see that was the Ruling Establishment Agenda then, where the PC Race War and stopping any outsiders to the "election" process is the Agenda today.

Anyone remember this:
Phil Donahue on His 2003 Firing from MSNBC, When Liberal Network Couldn't Tolerate Antiwar Voices

Trying to think of some other specific examples like this from back then...

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
"Real" journalism is NPR. Try it. Learn something.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
We haven't had news for a very very long time. The s#'s nothing but opinion these days ... and I prefer to get my opinions from ATS. Saves me a hundred dollars a month in cable fees. LOL

top topics

<<   2 >>

join