It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Continuing silence from Edward Snowden

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I've been keeping a close eye on this, love Edward Snowden for his sacrifice. His last tweet was August the fifth. Only tidbits of news regarding his absence from the public eye the latest being this.

The whistleblower recently tweeted a 64-character hex code that was traced to a bitcoin transaction amounting to 0.000911, leading many to question whether or not this was a dead man’s switch, which is an automatic message that is set to release if the user of an account does not check-in consistently.

source

The odd part is it was related (apparently) to a trivial denomination of bitcoin. Some speculate before this finding that this may be a drama stunt, but I disagree. He can do more to cause drama than pull a disappearing Putin (hope you catch the reference). This combined with the story of him making money off speaking, a trivial amount in relation to his sacrifice IMHO. Seems like TPTB are starting the smearing before news breaks.
edit on 14-8-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
this is just the nature of the likes of snowden. crypticism is what keeps them afloat. snowden, assange, anon etc..
there was another obscure hacktivist group besides anon, what seemingly vanished because their
emo wasn't suspenseful enough or drawn enough clicks.

snowden, as much as I admire his courage, will pop up soon again with more secrets to 'leak'.
edit on 14-8-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I suppose your part of the drama brigade. While I can't argue as we don't know, my attempt at logic leads me to believe there would be no reason for this stunt as he has loads of information he could leak that could cause way more of a stir.

That being said you may be right.
edit on 14-8-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Seems like a reasonable assumption but ya never know.

Maybe a warning to who received the transaction.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

It's all speculation at this point and I'm dying to know. But I can be patient if knowledge implies his martyr death and the release of any information I'd like to hear.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Snowden has another Twitter account he tweets in more than his main Twitter account. He posts at least a few times a day in his Help Edward Snowden account.

I keep tabs on him.

He and Glenn Greenwald posted more Snowden files at their website, The Intercept, on August 10th.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

Thank you and I hope you are right. Good eye and I see you have investigated more than me. That being said I hate to feed my flaw of seeing the negative in good news, and having a hunch that account has several users. I am aware his lawyer said he is alive and well but my hunch would say there are several people with access to that account. And if Snowden is in a sticky situation, his lawyer would be directed to play ball as not to jeopardize any current efforts in said matter. Again I am speculating and admit such.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
FWIW...

""Concerns for the whistleblower subsided late Saturday when journalist Glenn Greenwald responded to a query via Twitter about Snowden’s safety, saying that, “he’s fine.” The message was mirrored, albeit not in direct terms, by journalist Barton Gellman.""

Source: nworeport.me...

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Nothing about this situation is comforting. He is a whistleblower and should be protect as such, instead I belive any way we cut this laws are bring broken along with the Constitution.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

That's OK. I just wanted to give you what I know. I've been following his secondary Twitter account for over a year. He's quite regular in his tweeting routine. He did respond to me a short while ago when I commented on one of his tweets which was about another matter. I'd like to see him free again one day.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Again, I hope you are right and applaud your knowledge and resources on the subject. That being said I don't see why he would post on his personal account for the longest period of time ever. Just don't see why it would play out like this for a little stunt.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I must say I read with astonishment how people on here talk about Snowden and Assange, for a community that is supposedly aware of what is going on in the world quiet how anyone can say they are ''drama queens" or crave attention is just absurd..

Snowden risked everything for what I believe he thinks is the correct thing to have done and now is in Russia for his trouble until when, who knows. Imagine the stress that a person must be under in that situation, then Assange who really trail blazed this new movement has been shacked up in a few rooms in a Embassy for years.. This is hardly a rock star life style just think what we have learned since all this started to come out, someone stepped up to the plate and did it??..

Also commenting on someones personality as is the case often on here with Assange is stupid as it is just how he is!!!, we all have different traits he, me and you are no different..

We can all discuss what they have done but the personal attacks really need to stop and also the comments about leaks and "get on with it" are just absurd, they are playing a calculated game with dire consequences, this is not like whistle blowing that you have uncovered that your local pub is watering down coke to make extra profit, this involves Governments and very dangerous people...

Sorry for the rant but I have wanted to say this for a while, just my 2pc

RA

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Agreed, unfortunately alot of people believe they jeopardized "national security", which with new surveillance techniques has stopped no domestic terrorist attacks. But let the Gestapo do their job so we can be safe from foreign countries and worry about our own instead

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

The thought about Snowden, of all people, pulling a stunt is the last thing I, personally, would think him capable of doing. He's not the type. I also watch Glenn Greenwald's Twitter feed as well as Bartam Gellman's. Maybe I should look to see if his lawyer has a Twitter account.

I'm concerned about him as I would be if he were my brother.

He has a lot of people watching his back.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Your rant is cool. I greatly appreciate them as well.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Agreed to both recent posts. Hopefully this has a happy ending, I'll subside my selfish thirst of knowledge.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I must say I read with astonishment how people on here talk about Snowden and Assange, for a community that is supposedly aware of what is going on in the world quiet how anyone can say they are ''drama queens" or crave attention is just absurd.. Snowden risked everything for what I believe he thinks is the correct thing to have done and now is in Russia for his trouble until when, who knows. Imagine the stress that a person must be under in that situation, then Assange who really trail blazed this new movement has been shacked up in a few rooms in a Embassy for years.. This is hardly a rock star life style just think what we have learned since all this started to come out, someone stepped up to the plate and did it??.. Also commenting on someones personality as is the case often on here with Assange is stupid as it is just how he is!!!, we all have different traits he, me and you are no different.. We can all discuss what they have done but the personal attacks really need to stop and also the comments about leaks and "get on with it" are just absurd, they are playing a calculated game with dire consequences, this is not like whistle blowing that you have uncovered that your local pub is watering down coke to make extra profit, this involves Governments and very dangerous people...

Very nice summation, great job!

Sorry for the rant but I have wanted to say this for a while, just my 2pc

No worries, I thought your 2pc was spot-on!
edit on 15-8-2016 by BeefNoMeat because: added quoted text

edit on 15-8-2016 by BeefNoMeat because: stupid 'thumbs up" emoticon tanked

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
dp
edit on 15-8-2016 by BeefNoMeat because: double post

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Pure speculation, he's out in the field testing his invention....

If his iPhone sleeve works... he can make a move, communicate, and still evade the "all out" efforts of the US apparatus to seize him and punish him for exposing a bit of the "shadow government" that once was relegated to conspiracy theory?

just sayin...

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

More fun speculation...

The hex code from the tweet ended in 911.

What if it's a 9/11 bombshell that links the Clintons somehow??

::gasp::

Doubtful, but if that was the case, I'd stock up on popcorn!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join