It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I finally understand Freud

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I hated psychology cause i think it made no sense what so ever.. It looked like a lot of ideas with no roots attached.. I tried to grasp the reality of what we live in, but couldnt see behind.. I tried to understand psychology but everytime i said;;" What is this ****!"
Freud did something revolutionary, in a time and space where every idea of thought was dangerous..
He gave humanity a bit of hope, in changing our true nature.. He knew the problems and tried to explain to a world that had not changed for a very long time..
Was it right or maybe it was wrong?

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Would you care to elaborate a little on the areas of freuds work that you feel were so revolutionary? Personally I would like to know because I don't really agree with a lot of what he proposed and would like to see other people's take on it.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: penfold

The same will be true one day for Einstein.
It is called progress. But he very much invented psychology. That's something.
Before nobody ever asked why people do what they do. It's god or the devil, now shut up.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Dude if u are having fantasies about your mum thats ok but why you felt the need to blast it on the net I dont understand?

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Its called imprinting, comes with every living animal on this planet, where do you think your sexual preference comes from? Magic?
One thing i learned about people those who think themselves as being the smartest, ends up really stupid..

Imprinting

edit on 2016814 by tikbalang because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Dude if u are having fantasies about your mum thats ok but why you felt the need to blast it on the net I dont understand?

LMAO, kudo's for the cheeky humor.

OP..."he gave humanity hope"....it may be a bit of an overstatement. But not really.

Freud was just part of a line of people, some contemporary to him, that tackled what makes us tick. His great folly was in looking more toward abnormal psychology for his baseline.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

His base comes from just observing nature, learning that even tho we call ourselves humans, we cant just pretend we arent animals..

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I'm not seeing any indications that you finally understand Freud at all.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: penfold
Would you care to elaborate a little on the areas of freuds work that you feel were so revolutionary? Personally I would like to know because I don't really agree with a lot of what he proposed and would like to see other people's take on it.

Yes, I would also think some specifics are needed.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Now after you make a statement, you put in your opinion..
I have a post i made quite recently about an endagered bird specie, the key to unlock its survival was to actually understand imprinting and how it works..

If your belief makes a statement that we are, spiritual beings, or travellers from another planet.. Thats your subjective beliefs.. I observe nature and use examples by others mostly people working close to nature, to explain from my point of view.. I use examples that can be observed with your very own eyes..

The rest is just a story, a philosophical one.. Trying to explain.. Why you behave like you do, without having bad feelings about it..

Its not what you think, its what you do..

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: penfold

What do you disagree on?

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
a world that had not changed for a very long time..

This clause right here is what psychology really is.

It's the same ideas and intuitions and thoughts humans have had a very long time, but psychology just takes it and makes it more complicated.

Or as one of my psych professors said, "psychology takes credit for things that are already common sense."

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I dont disagree, i just think people have to realise even though its immorally wrong.. A dog was once something else, maybe we aren't all humans..

top topics

join