It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW TYPE OF DATING FRAUDE ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Its a scam. They never let you meet them, just want your money.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
It's one of the newer scams. Seems there are a lot of supposedly guys in the military scamming women these days. Check out some of the dating scam pages.google search to get you started

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Glad you've convinced her OP, to many good people getting scammed these days.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: smcneil01

You can actually love a person who isn't perfect i.e. used or uses drugs, has felonies or is a "bad boy." Most girls go for the "bad boy" nowadays and guys are no different.

But this particular instance sounds like an extreme case. I hope she finds love but you shouldn't have to go international to find love or send money to.

But just because someone has a not so perfect past doesn't mean who loves them had to settle. Love is love. Not all criminals are terrible people and with the exception of the hard stuff not all people who use are bad people either. Alcohol is often worse.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Tons of recent facebook accounts have popped up with generic "military looking" photos, no posting history no details but almost always stationed in Africa or middle east. I've had sooooo many friend requests from these knobs who I just report to fb as fake. I can't believe there are really people who fall for these scams anymore. There was a mad time a few years ago now with European women running off to marry African "princes" who turn out to be scammers living in wood huts....thought people had actually cottoned on by now

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ReAppollonius

Sorry. I didn't mean to offend. I wasn't raised with any self esteem or worth. I was a "bad girl", myself. Didn't learn till decades later that I could actually change my path. It's much harder when you are not raised to realize that there are "options" in life. I'm just glad I'm near 60 and not near 25. It seems too harder these days for young people.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: smcneil01

It really is hard to find a suitable mate today, you aren't wrong. I can meet plenty of fun girls but I can't keep any as they are either taken or just looking to hook up. I only said that because I have a hang up about my own imperfections which just adds to the problem. I am actually one of the nice guys that lose out to the jerk not based on looks but because as stereotypical as it sounds they often get the girl long term and I am lucky to get a few measly flings a year. It doesn't help any that I am not interested in pop culture much and tend to be anti social. I like reading and learning so even though I don't need a new career I am going to Community College in the fall to try my luck in the world of conformity (not my thing but I do want a wife).

No big deal.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ReAppollonius
I think you should be true to yourself and don't "conform" too much. You must be looking in the wrong places for a girl.
Don't get hung up on a certain look (ex: thin vs 10 extra lbs). My husband jokes that I must be blind. Maybe he's not the most drop dead gorgeous guy (ok,,,maybe not even close) to stare at. But he has a huge heart of gold and would give anyone the shirt off his back. That's what got me hooked. Would I trade him for a date with the class president or football star? Hell no! I'm a lucky girl. And....DO NOT GIVE UP!!! I was 40 when I met my husband. It'll happen when you least expect it. Just relax and have fun!

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join