It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW TYPE OF DATING FRAUDE ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Yesterday my wife found out that oure singlemother neighbour has an love affair with an american. Md working in the US army for the UN in Syria
stationd in Tel Aviv...
He contacted her by datingsite Tinder...
ofcourse she's now hopelessly devoted.....

That given ringed My alarmbells and invited her at my place to find out moore..
okay this is the situation now:

His Syrian friends who died had an child witch he has adopted...and is now staying in an bourding-scool in Ghana
he asked My neighbour to buy an ticked to Ghana to pick her up and take her to holland...
yes.... she has already bought an ticked an fly's next week to Ghana....
NOTE:
he was suppost to visit her for the first time last week.. ofcourse he was "delayed" ;;;;

the Fraude is dripping of of this story !
mostley they asking for sending money...this time they want Her to come over there...
we are afraid that she is getting kidnapped for ransom ore that she will be forced to give away her bankaccounts ...

ofcourse we try to talk her out of it... !
anybody else familiair with this kind of dating-fraude ? ore who knows this guy?????
perhaps the story is correct ... with I doubt

www.facebook.com...
possible that this FB page is hacked ore mis-used.......appollagie in that case...:-)

edit on 14-8-2016 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ressiv

Make sure you say buh bye at the airport, since you might never see her again. Just wow, I didn't think people were still this naive.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

No way is this real. Do not let her go!
Do you have a name? Anything you could use to find out a bit more about him, check his story?

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
the FB link is his page.... weird name spelling....!a reply to: Peeple

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
love makes TO blind sometimes....a reply to: bobs_uruncle

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Definitely fake. That's an office guy, he never left his country, further than for holidays.
No way is he associated with the military.
And the name... puhlease. Can someone do a image search? Prove my point. Probably insurance in belgium.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I tryed Google....sigh no results...:-(a reply to: Peeple

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Wow! (Not "wow" in a good way.) I am not trying to point fingers at any particular age. However, I have noticed far more insecurities in the 20 to 40 age range. Especially in self esteem and the area of love. For them it seems harder to find true love. A single woman, let alone a single mother, go way beyond the norm. I have seen some leave the country for the various radical groups. Some are attached to inmates thru our prison system. Some fall for hardcore bad boys. Some are willing to accept felons or druggies. Anything for "love". The real problem isn't her leaving to do this deed. It is her loss
of who she is and how the knowledge that she has the right for so much more in life doesn't exist in her. The fault lies with those who help raise her up. Self-worth and self-love was not taught to her. Now, she's out to prove herself worthy.
It's all so sad.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Reverse image search and no results? Hm.

UN employees, have immunity, maybe...
Maybe it is him, but his intents aren't honest.

Delayed or did not show up? Why does she have to go? What's he doing? He cares enough to adopt it, but trusts total strangers to fly it around?

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

A quick image search brings some interesting results. Page 2 does mention Ghana specifically. Good luck

google image search

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

A similar thing happened to someone in my family. They met on a dating site. He claimed to be a "project manager/structural engineer" type guy who worked on projects around the world. He lived in our area, although a couple hours away (so he said). He was currently working on a project in Africa. They'd talk on the phone daily, he'd write sappy emails, etc. Promise to take her on a drive in his sports car when he returned at "the end of the month", which then was delayed.
Once it was delayed, he was suddenly short on money (odd for an engineer that is in global demand) and claimed to have difficulty using his credit card to buy iTunes stuff. Sure enough, our naive family member sent a $50 iTunes credit to him. A couple weeks later he said his laptop and phone were stolen and NEEDED a new one to finish his project and come home to her. She asked how she could help. He listed off very specific models and spec for an apple laptop, phone, and ipad. We FINALLY convinced her this was a scam. Thankfully she cut ties with him.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Good lord, no way is this real. Can you contact the authorities and have them investigate to prove to her? I agree, do not let her go! It's known as 'cat-fishing', almost always involves someone in another country, usually routes somehow through Nigeria. I'm shocked at how desperate some are I guess..
Good luck, you are a caring neighbor.

Whoa--Check this out! Romance scam
edit on 14-8-2016 by Starcrossd because: added link

edit on 14-8-2016 by Starcrossd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This sounds like human trafficking. DO NOT let her go or you will never see/hear from her again.
edit on 14-8-2016 by OuttaHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

He's on a list of scammers who claim to be in the army.

Link.

Your friend is very naive. Hopefully this will be a lesson for her. Good thing you're looking out.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I agreed with her to contact tomorrow the Dutch immigration office.... no way to "just pick up an strange girl in Ghana without the neccesary paperwork..." that will surely frighten her of and open her eyes I hope a reply to: Starcrossd

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
BINGOOOOOOOOOOOO ""WE GOT HIM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kelvin Smith !!!!!!!!!!
thanks for the usefull link !!!!!a reply to: Atsbhct

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Scroll to the bottom of the page here. His picture has "FAKE" stamped on it. Says "he is a bitch who is very nice until he starts asking for money". So glad you looked into this for your neighbor. I think she was about to make a big mistake.

agustinetutut.blogspot.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Great job ya'll!!!

What a creep. So.. I wonder whose picture that really is? Probably some innocent bloke somewhere who has no idea his pic was stolen?
edit on 14-8-2016 by Starcrossd because: corrected

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
okay ...she's is convinced now ..was hard to break her hart but for the best

for Us the case is closed.

I'd would say thanks to all you Guy's and Girls for the support and usefull links

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ressiv
love makes TO blind sometimes....a reply to: bobs_uruncle

I don't see anywhere where it says they have met face to face, dated, bumped uglies, etc. Love? No, obsession with a fantasy, likely.

Cheers - Dave

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join