It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are The Media Obsessed With Trump's Controversies And Not Clinton's?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Trump gives the media something new to talk about every damn day.

Everyone is well aware of Clinton's scandles but if you're looking for more on that topic feel free to visit any conservative outlet and ATS.
edit on 14-8-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The reason is Trump is only controversy. That is his entire campaign. It is how he planned it and thought he could continue into the national election. And lets face it the controversies most talked about Trump are the ones he creates.

The real Trump controversies are kind of ignored. All the fraud and cheating thousands of workers is pretty much ignored. The screwing over and forcing small business out of businesses by ripping them off is ignored, his business ties to the Saudis and China ignored, his long history of hiring illegals ignored, his Wall Street donors/advisers people pretend do not exit, the dealings with organized crime ignored, his long history of praising Clinton etc.

Maybe he would rather have people talking about how sexist or racist he is instead of having people realize that everything he attacks Clinton for now he publicly supported back then.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

So what you're saying right wing media does not indulge with propaganda? Right wing media tells the truth and nothing but the truth?

I mean, your so called right wing candidate lies on a daily basis, even more than Clinton.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I am 100% confident, that 99% of Americans are not aware of all Hillary crimes, or scandals, as you like to call them. Hell, there are even some members here on ATS denying that she's a criminal, what hope is there for an average American?

And honestly, if you say Trump says something new daily worth of reporting, then the same thing can be said for Hillary. But, the difference is that new crimes are being leaked about Clinton, which media decide not to report on.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Com on, Swills, don't disappoint me like this!

No way in hell Trump lies more than Hillary. That's just not possible. And again, when Trump lies, it's some minor every day thing, while Hillary lies about national security, to the FBI and more importantly, to the people of the USA

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

No.

Don't play dumb. The left controls the MSM narrative at large. The left also controls/censors platforms from twitter to google to facebook. The left also largely controls the acceptable narrative on college campuses.

It's very similar to what you see in communist nations or Middle Eastern nations.
edit on 14-8-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Press certainly doesn't like someone that acts like he doesn't need them or kicks back. Besides they are in for Hillary.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Seriously? If you follow political current events and or watch cable news then you are fully aware of her email scandals and so on. No one is arguing that there aren't people who have no clue and chances are they don't vote either. Your 99% is completely made up in your head though.

If you're gonna sit here and tell me Trump doesn't say or tweet something stupid daily, well then, I guess you're a Trump supporter so bias confirmed.

Clinton doesn't tweet moronic crap on a daily basis and hasn't held a press conference in what, almost a year now? No sir, Trump takes the cake there and besides that, he wants all this media attention because it's all the attention that made him the nominee. Now he and his supporters are upset when the media doesn't kiss up to him? Stop saying stupid crap and maybe they wouldn't be reporting on it! And you know what, if Trump didn't constantly say stupid things I would sympathize since the media is clearly just an agenda pushing machine for the elites. But even so, I can't blindly defend an elitist who can't keep his foot out of his mouth.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Again, because you support him and oppose Clinton you will ignore facts and basically reality. During this race, Trump is the #1 liar, he's winning by yuge margins. I know Trump supporters will deny this and blame it all on Soros and leftist media and to that I have no cure for this dilemma.

Deny ignorance?

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
The reason is Trump is only controversy. That is his entire campaign. It is how he planned it and thought he could continue into the national election. And lets face it the controversies most talked about Trump are the ones he creates.

The real Trump controversies are kind of ignored. All the fraud and cheating thousands of workers is pretty much ignored. The screwing over and forcing small business out of businesses by ripping them off is ignored, his business ties to the Saudis and China ignored, his long history of hiring illegals ignored, his Wall Street donors/advisers people pretend do not exit, the dealings with organized crime ignored, his long history of praising Clinton etc.

Maybe he would rather have people talking about how sexist or racist he is instead of having people realize that everything he attacks Clinton for now he publicly supported back then.

Quoted for truth.

Trump and his supporters think the media is working against when them in reality they are doing Trumps bidding. He treats this as if it's a reality tv show and made himself out to be the villain so he gets all the attention. And our media LOVES them a villain! Trump got what, over a billion dollars in free media everything? The media loves Trump because he brings ratings.

Apparently, what I've learned with this race is that ratings = ability to run the United States of America.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Play dumb? So you're telling me all the media outlets are leftist controlled propraganda machines? You know, last I heard Fox News was during very well for a very long time. People tell me this. A lot of people are talking about it.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Trump is more entertaining. Hilary is a robot.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
the titanic sunk, world war one ended, huge news but not current.
clintons controversies have been covered ad infinitum, cleared in courts and now pushed only by those republicans bent on slinging age old mud, or their own fantasies.
judicial watch and their daily attempts to criminalise any democrat, be it bill, hillary or obama, make it difficult for any sane or rational types to take their bleating with any creditably, acting like a spoilt child unable to get their way via defaming tactics.
these were the guys claiming obama wasn't american, that even simple google searching would debunk, hardly newsworthy.
there is a term, 'flogging a dead horse', a term it appears republicans aren't aware of.
clinton and her emails and the mess in benghazi, was covered, was being the word, the outcomes did not suit judicial watch and many republicans, rather than get behind their party, pushing republican policies the current belief is the only chance of winning is to destroy their opponent's character, by using old arguments that are not current news.
the world knows already the miscommunication between departments following benghazi, the world knows hillary used a home server for emails that russia hacked.
they already headlined the news, but even fox can't run old news daily.
trump on the other hand, has a habit of making headlines, daily, from kicking babies out of rallies, mocking the disabled, asking gun owners to remove his opponent, using far right memes, banning a religion, claiming obama founded isis, these statements and acts will all make the news.
do republicans like it? the tanking polls show not.
do trump fans like it? heck no, but it ties into their now strong belief of a media agenda against their guy by reporting current news.
if hillary were to bleat out an idea to wall off canada to keep illegals out, do you not think that would make news headlines for a few days?

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Trump has been very upfront about once being a part of the establishment, for instance in a recent speech. But he had enough with it. Now his reasoning is who better to destroy it than one who knows it?

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The MSM focuses more on what Trump says than what Hillary has actually done. Think about that.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Because Trump knows how to put up a show, even if he doesnt win the presidency, the more publicity he gets the more money he makes in the end. Win Win.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The good ole days of "news" are gone.

Nowadays YOU have to search through mounds of filth to find truth.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Sadly, I have to agree. Star for you.
With computers today, there is no excuse except they have been programmed to ignore and evade truth and with blind arrogance suggest that what has always been wrong, is now right.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
originally posted by: [post=21130780]Substracto

Correct for truth and grammar.

Because Hillary knows how to put up a show, even if she doesn't win the presidency, the more publicity she gets the more money she makes in the end... from foreign countries. Win Win.
edit on 14-8-2016 by atrollstalker because: Who cares?

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

That's because Hillary hasn't done anything except destroy government documents, get 4 Americans killed and fall down a lot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join