It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1987 years failure of Christianity to build God's kingdom. Jesus' teaching recorded correctly?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

You say you're a mother. Think about what love is as applied to your children. Is it the popular conception of do whatever you want because I love you? In other words, did you let your kids do whatever they wanted, have whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted because you loved them and were therefore never, ever judgmental in even the tiniest way but accepted and approved of every tiny thing they did, even today when they are grown, because you only and ever wanted them to be happy?

Or was love for you a matter of sometimes denying them or making judgments of the things they did or said because you knew that ultimately, they would not be happy with them?

God is love, you are right, but I think too many have lost sight of what "love" really is and what it means to love someone.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

Therefore my appeal for finding better foundation in the lost and banned gospels. By those same people who started burning books and people right from the time of Constantine, not from the Middle ages. Jesus never preached that.

Here's a poem for you with commentary:

Evangelist's Quest

If only I knew
the exact right words
to make again new
that pile of turds

I look and look
in every sacred book
too blind to see
the answer eludes me

yet another book
to add to the list
take a close look
same old grist

perhaps there is no word
which properly spoken
can be the cure
for what has woken

that pile of turds is the totality of Abrahamic Religious system.

yet another book that would be Dead Sea Scrolls such as War of the Sons of Light Against the Sons of Darkness and also the Gnostic texts of Nag Hammadi, Talmud, Kabbalah, etc. There is no great answer to be found in those sources.

what has woken is the synthesis of single source spirituality (monotheistic) with something secular (I haven't figured out what yet).

In this system there is always the light/dark, heavenly/worldly, spirit/flesh, good/evil, enlightened/benighted, us/them, righteous/wicked, saved/damned etc. They all stem from monotheistic worldview. Kingdom of God, separation of chaff and wheat, all monotheism.

If only I knew the right word. But I don't.
edit on 14-8-2016 by pthena because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-8-2016 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Daniel chapter 2 says the Earthly kingdom comes and grows into a mountain that takes up the entire Earth when Jesus comes back. Right now the kingdom is being built in heaven.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: BuzzyWigs
I correct you, there was indeed a flood. Educate yourself. Not saying it was god but there definitly was a big flood taking place in the mediteranian sea.

That is not what the bible claims. It claims it was a global flood that killed all but one family who incested humanity into existence.

Big difference from a regional 1000 year flood.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: JoshuaCox
On the contrary, one could say it the other way round. Maybe the craziest claims are the original ones and the sane ones are just sane, because edited?

Exactly...

Once you decide that it is not the unchanged word of God and it contains lies. Then why believe any of it....

To your other point, it is about logic. Logically all the sane claims have happened before in other cultures throughout history.

All supernatural claims really have absolutely no proof and that's after thousands of years and billions searching..

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

The global flood as explained in the bible

I understand you don't believe it but others do
If you don't, that's good but please dont tell others what they can believe or don't

You can only assume, dictating, demanding people, preaching at others, it makes you come across as fundamentalist, not a good look

You start o sound just like those crazy wackos who demand you accept it, just from an opposite perspective, you are no different than verscikter

Vershikter, if buzz doesn't believ, it's her choice
edit on 14-8-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

If you don't, that's good but please dont tell others what they can believe or don't

You can only assume, dictating, demanding people, preaching at others, it makes you come across as fundamentalist, not a good look

Explained in the bible, but then debunked by science archaeology and evolution... All of which would still hold evidence of such an event..

Don't get mad at science for disproving religion, get mad at your religion for lying.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I read this once in my grandmother's bible and thought it was beautiful:

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 ESV
Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: ketsuko

I read this once in my grandmother's bible and thought it was beautiful:

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 ESV
Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Man the bible telling people to rejoice in truth is hilarious!

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Did you miss the entire message of the Bible or what?

If it taught us anything, it's that we're not capable of saving ourselves and that we needed a Savior. A Savior who told us not to get caught up in this world or worldly things because he was going to prepare a place for us somewhere else where there would be eternal life without sin and destruction.

And yes, the Bible tells us that Jesus will return to put an end to it ALL, including human life as we know it. For the corruptible must be raised to incorruption before it can enter the Kingdom of God.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

But you gotta admit the poetry and ideas are good. As a mom, it comes close to what it takes.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

You start o sound just like those crazy wackos who demand you accept it, just from an opposite perspective, you are no different than verscikter

"Vershikter, if buzz doesn't believ, it's her choice
"You can only assume, dictating, demanding people, preaching at others, it makes you come across as fundamentalist, not a good look"

Pot, kettle, black, dude.

edit on 14-8-2016 by Matrixsurvivor because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-8-2016 by Matrixsurvivor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

You can't dispose of people's religions, it's illegal in any enlightened nation, people won't accept it and if you were successful they will find another reason to foment war.

I, in my previous lifetime (joking, a little) was a religious reformer and philosopher who preached tolerance not eradication of religion.

The fact is that Christ was but a myth as no historian from the time he is alleged to have live had ever heard of a Jesus Christ. It was a not to be taken literally myth that got taken literally.

Naturally, such fallacy led to madness, persecution and lies, lies and more lies.

The only thing that could save Christianity is if people stopped thinking that a man named Jesus was the son of Gods.

It isn't reasonable and the only purpose of it should be to teach morality to people who want to hear it and stop taking it literally.

The reason Christianity has nothing to offer the intelligent man or woman is because you are asked to believe that it actually happened.

That a man was born of a virgin, was the son of God and died and ressurected is asking a bit much of any educated person and any person who does "drink the kool aid" doesn't learn anything about history, knowledge, wisdom, philosophy or science.

Fundamentalism is just the epitome of foolishness because it's not a return to fundamentals it's a departure from sanity en masse.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

Therefore my appeal for finding better foundation in the lost and banned gospels. By those same people who started burning books and people right from the time of Constantine, not from the Middle ages. Jesus never preached that.

Here's a poem for you with commentary:

Evangelist's Quest

If only I knew
the exact right words
to make again new
that pile of turds

I look and look
in every sacred book
too blind to see
the answer eludes me

yet another book
to add to the list
take a close look
same old grist

perhaps there is no word
which properly spoken
can be the cure
for what has woken

that pile of turds is the totality of Abrahamic Religious system.

yet another book that would be Dead Sea Scrolls such as War of the Sons of Light Against the Sons of Darkness and also the Gnostic texts of Nag Hammadi, Talmud, Kabbalah, etc. There is no great answer to be found in those sources.

what has woken is the synthesis of single source spirituality (monotheistic) with something secular (I haven't figured out what yet).

In this system there is always the light/dark, heavenly/worldly, spirit/flesh, good/evil, enlightened/benighted, us/them, righteous/wicked, saved/damned etc. They all stem from monotheistic worldview. Kingdom of God, separation of chaff and wheat, all monotheism.

If only I knew the right word. But I don't.

A bit crass...but spot on. I would add only that while you might not get to meet or know God(s) who is unknowable you can learn something from reading anything.

If I could teach one thing to all humans (impossible, I know) it would be to stop taking these mystery books as absolute truths and literally. The greatest of sages always taught that the only proper way to read these books is as the legends they are but legends that an appropriately educated human can properly interpret. Especially with the tools we have today it is utterly mad that anybody believes otherwise.

Of course we must remain patient with people who have basically been lied to their whole lives. Jesus saves nothing and no one the only person who can save you IS you and you are responsible for your actions is the golden rule.

I don't need anyone to have died for my sins as I don't practice human sacrifice symbolically or otherwise. There is good and evil in all of us.

Cosmic judgement is a theory but just in case help people, be a good person, and increase ever in knowledge and wisdom.

I have a feeling you understand this but since everyone can read this I thought I would say it. I just thought your comment was hilarious

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Finally, someone who knows about balvenie!

RIGHT!?!?!

For the love of god, finally.

On topic:
yeah, Constantine was a liar and a jerk.

Organized religion is absurd.

edit on 8 14 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

You start o sound just like those crazy wackos who demand you accept it, just from an opposite perspective

There is no God but Allah, and Mohamed is His prophet.
On the last day, all life will be ended.
On that day those who submitted themselves to Allah,
listened to and obeyed the recitation,
believed in the last day and the resurrection,
will be resurrected to live in paradise.

Everyone else is a loser.
---------------------------------------------------
There may be a God. We do not know her name.
She is the God of plankton, and trees, and dinosaurs, and Dodos, and the Great auk, and well the list is very very long.
We are fairly certain that she doesn't speak English, but we could be wrong.
--------------------------------------------------
Of those two choices which sounds closer to Christianity?

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
THIS IS THE PROBLEM

Reason I don't follow any of the laws the lawless lawmakers make---Not even they can follow the most basic Laws of Thou shall not kill Thou shall not steal Thou shall not rape and Thou shall not pillage--fkem

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Didn't he (Constantine) murder his own wife and almost a dozen members of his own family?

This is not the guy you want adopting your obscure religion and state sanctioning it as his one and only goal was order. By the word or by the sword. Usually the sword.

But a guy who murders his own wife and family is not trustworthy and everyone had one goal in his day, please Constantine.

He is the true founder of Catholicism, wherever the original books came from they were burned after the final edit and selection process was completed so nobody could expose the fraud.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Aren't You and 'ketsuko' both self described "Chris†ian™"? Or both Chris†ian different set of rules but same rule book?

If the answer is "Yes" then shouldn't You guys argue in private? I thought there was something in 'Mark' about praying in public, so I'd guess arguing about what is "true" in public would be verbotten?

I once read where 'The Truth' doesn't need a defense; a hierarchy; a spokesperson or any dogma; that The Truth stands on it's own? Have You guys read something like that?

• Just to let You know I work in a "Free Will Zone" and won't take offense if You choose to treat that question as rhetorical in nature...

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ReAppollonius

A bit crass

I had a really hard time finding a word to rhyme with words.
Maybe I'll spend some time with a thesaurus and find another word.

Or just talk about polishing turds.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join