It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1987 years failure of Christianity to build God's kingdom. Jesus' teaching recorded correctly?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart
I was primarily talking about people not noticing the Kingdom of God.

"...missed the forest through the trees..."

Luke 17:20,21:

On being asked by the Pharisees when the Kingdom of God was coming, he answered them: “The Kingdom of God is not coming with striking observableness; 21 nor will people say, ‘See here!’ or, ‘There!’ For look! the Kingdom of God is in your midst.”

I'm not going to transcribe the rest of the videos, sorry, typing with 1 hand here.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

― Mahatma Gandhi

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Does the Bible not teach a long steady decline for mankind to a point where God finishes us off, and starts over?

No it does not. You need a a teacher.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ReAppollonius
The kingdom of God is a spiritual infilling. The kingdom of heaven is a place or piece of celestial real estate. To be more specific the Kingdom of heaven is the celestial city called New Jerusalem which is a celestial physicality.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic
Peace and love ! Jesus said the kingdom is within you and outside of you ! The kingdom is the mind , not the material , physical realm ! The pharisees lands (minds ) were taken from them because they cannot produce good fruits figuratively ! Since they lost their love , they are stealing everything of the world in gods name , not jesus because jesus was and still is not the father but jesus was and still is the most loving soul ever to walk the earth ! The pharisees are sun in the sky worshippers and moon and stars in the sky worshippers ! The kingdom of heaven is a very ,very peaceful mind full of love and truth ! Do not take the pharisees knowledge as they have none ! The pharisees are satan the adversary , the ones who serve their evil hearts ! The pharisees are the unloving who hate us loving ! The pharisees are our enemies ! I very highly recommend enlightenment to all loving souls as enlightenment is our birthright ! The pharisees who have their physical bodies in castles , mansions , big houses etc... cannot be enlightened ! Any spiritual being who seeks world domination cannot be enlightened ! Only loving souls can be enlightened ! The pharisees are of the satans unconsciousness the animal unconsciousness and they are the walking dead and they are not to be admired as they have no love , truth , empathy or sympathy ! The criminal rothschilds and their criminal accomplices are evil materialists who cheat loving souls with their armies , navies , air force , marines and mercenaries protecting their false material wealth , false power and false status including their physical bodies ! The synagogue of satan( pharisees) is the criminal rothschilds and their criminal accomplices PERIOD ! Do not let any materialist deceive your mind ! Peace and love from the mystical metal hippie

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

a reply to: enterthestage It'seems popular because it's a fact. Yeshua/Yehoshua is a compound name, there isn't any way to get around that fact. The Hebrew word for salvation is "yasha", and that's the second part of His compound Name. If His Name meant salvation only it would be Yasha and not Yeshua/Yehoshua. You cannot ignore the first half of His compound Name, that's being deceptive.

Quote -----------
And his name shall be called . . .
Posted by Stephen Pidgeon on Sunday, July 24, 2016 at 12:00 AM

We, at the Eth Cepher, have set forth the name of the Messiah (HAMASHIACH) as YAHUSHA. There are several views that are contrary to this position. First, we have those who claim the name of Jesus Christ. I will not discuss this issue in this blog. Next, we have those who claim the name Yeshua. I will discuss this to some degree. Then there are those who say Yehoshua, which is also worthy of a brief discussion.
The main point of this post is to discuss the name Emmanuel (Immanuel), and whether or not this is the true name of the Messiah (HAMASHIACH). Let’s take a look at a couple of verses from Yeshayahu:
Yeshayahu (Isaiah) 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace.
Kee (because) yehled (child) yawlad (born) lanu (to us) ben (son) nathan (given) lanu (to us) u’ta’hayah (and will be) ha’misraw (government/empire) al (on) shekemu (our shoulders) u’yi’qaraw (and is called) shemo (name of) pehleh (miracle) yawats (deliberate) EL GIBOR ACHIAD (Mighty eternal God) sar (prince) shalom (peace).
Now, let us consider a more literal translation:
Because a child is born to us, a son is given to us, and his government will be on our shoulders, and he is called the name of the miraculous deliberation of EL GIBOR ACHIAD, SAR SHALOM – the prince of peace.

In either event, we find the Hebrew qaraw shemo – he is called by the name of – and the name is then given in the first interpretation Wonderful (Miraculous), Counselor (Advisor/Deliberator), the Mighty God, the everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace (Sar Shalom). Therefore, should his name have been any one of these?
A more blunt translation would render the possibility of limiting the name to only SAR SHALOM, the prince or king of peace, because those names which have translated may also be construed as adverbs and verbs – the actions of YAH (in this case, EL GIBOR ACHIAD – the eternal mighty EL), with only one name appearing: SAR SHALOM. But SAR SHALOM is a title and not a name.

Let’s take a look at another passage that also uses this phrase qawraw shemo:
Yeshayahu (Isaiah) 7:14

Therefore ADONAI himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
Let’s take a look at a more blunt translation, word by word:

L’ken (Rightly) v’nathan (and gives) ADONAI hu (he) l’kem oth (you a sign) hinnay (behold) ha’almah (the maiden) hareh (pregnant) u’yawlad (and births) ben (son) u’qawroth (and is called) shemo (his name) imma’nu’EL.
Rightly, ADONAI, he gives you a sign. Behold, the maiden is pregnant and births a son; and is called his name imma’nu’EL.
We see here the word which is translated as immanu’EL being spelled in the Hebrew ayin (ע), mem (מ), nun (נ), and vav (ו). This singular word is then followed by another word, which is EL, (aleph, lamed). So, it is better written im’nu EL in the Hebrew, and better said in the English, EL with us.

The word im (עִם) (Strong's 5973), is generally interpreted to mean with. The suffix nu, means us. The additional extrapolation of im’manu means the same thing, although maybe better said with those of us.
Now, let us consider this word EL (אֵל), spelled Aleph-Lamed (Strong’s 410). I have discussed this letter Aleph before, and its impact. But I will summarize here. The Paleo Hebrew Aleph is interesting, in that it is made up of two letters, the tav and the vav. The tav, of course, is the mark of salvation (Yekezq’el (Ezekiel) 9:4), and the vav is the nail. Yet, the Paleo Hebrew Aleph connects the nail (vav) to the mark of salvation (tav) to symbolize that his arm (of salvation) is outstretched still. The modern Hebrew Aleph is made up of three letters: the yod, the vav, and the yod in inverse. This letter symbolizes the father (yod), and the son (yod in inverse) at the right hand of the father, divided by the nail (vav). The Aleph therefore signifies EL GIBOR ACHIAD, and the SAR SHALOM, tied together by this nail.
And what of the lamed? The lamed is the shepherd’s staff! So what does this word EL actually mean? The Aleph holding the shepherd’s staff!

EL: YACHAD EL GIBOR ACHIAD V’SAR SHALOM IM MAQEL RA’AH.
(The Unity of the Eternal Mighty YAH and the Prince of Peace holding the Shepherd’s Staff).
So, to fully understand this passage which Yeshayahu is giving us, we can read it as follows:
Rightly, ADONAI, he gives you a sign. Behold, the maiden is pregnant and births a son; and his name is called The Unity of the Eternal Mighty YAH and the Prince of Peace holding the Shepherd’s Staff with us.

This concept is later reflected in the gospel of Matthew (Besorah Mattithyahu), repeating this prophecy:
Mattithyahu (Matthew) 1:23
Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, YAHUAH with us.
Unquote ------------------

The Most High El in English as -- Ya hu ah pronounced as Ya hoo ah while the Son's name is Ya hu sha pronounced as
Ya Hoo sha.

Does any of this help?

Will not argue, just my own teaching ---------------
LOL

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Lightning strikes dome of St. Peter’s Basilica again aleteia.org...

Perhaps it is just normal meteorological event. And yet, the first lightning came at the time around pope Benedict resignation. Isn't it yet another sign from God that the things in the "Eternal city" do not go as they should at the beginning of 21st century? Everyone talks of reforms and almost no one is doing them. Was it all about 3.5 years after the election of the reformist pope Francis? How long are we expected to live to see anything new coming to the Church and mostly to the common people who believe in it? Life is too short. It was like that for all those centuries between Jesus and us. But now the time is to short, the world is moving too fast, and may be the Vatican run out of time as well. Malachi might be right at the end of the day.

I will repeat my theory proposed in more than one thread, that between the last pope and the Second Coming of Jesus Christ remains to be seen the era of the Manchild (Revelation 12) and the 144,000 youths sealed by God (Revelation 7, Revelation 14)
edit on 8-10-2016 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Once you except religion is a load of rubbish, and that the story of jesus is just man made, and the bible is filled with nonsense, then you will know that the only ones who can save us is us.

It not a nice world at the moment, and if we get past this stage without destroying ourselves, then the future might be bright, but not in my life time.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
By now pope Francis should have changed many more people and even more importantly: to involve many more new people outisde of the structures. Why not appointing new lay cardinals that are younger and open minded? Nothing stops him technically. They don't have to be even priests. The pace of the reform speaks of the reform itself. Even if there is a progress in some moral issues whether the devote people with second marriage can receive holy communion. 3 years for that, valid only in the German speaking part of Europe! And how many years for the rest of "reform"? I don't know if I will be alive but I certainly now pope Francis won't be alive. There fore THAT reform with THAT pace is doomed to fail. Hope someone in Rome reads that.

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join