It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1987 years failure of Christianity to build God's kingdom. Jesus' teaching recorded correctly?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

He should be a recognized Saint.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: enterthestage

For what? The Bible uses the term Saint to mean a person saved by grace, that's it. So what in the text leads you to believe Judas was redeemed by the blood of Christ?

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Is Nibiru close? So say a dozen of mystical rabbis, connecting it to the arrival of Messiah, 1/3 of population survival, land of Israel safe. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

Ppl have been saying Nibiru was supposed to come in 2012, 2014, and spring of this year. The pass by already happened, and it was non-consequential.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

originally posted by: Matrixsurvivor

a reply to: Matrixsurvivor

Ummmm....because James was one of the actual pillars (incl. John and Peter). Why don't you explain to me, NOTurTypical, how there can be 13 apostles? Show me where Jesus ever said there were 13. You aren't allowed to use Paul to support Paul, either. Find in scripture (gospels, revelation, whatever) where there were 13 apostles.

No, James the brother of John was executed by Herod in Acts chapter 12. The apostle James who wrote the book of James and who lead the church of Jerusalem in Acts chapter 15 was James the half-brother of Jesus. (Not one of the 12 disciples)

And you really think Saul would understand and know Jesus better than His half brother??? Luke wasn't an apostle either, but we have the book of Acts. Luke was a disciple of Saul...but, I think Luke figured Saul out eventually.

You're going off on a tangent. I asked earlier why you're saying Paul isn't an apostle when James the leader of the church in Jerusalem and writer of the book of James isn't attacked for not being one of the 12 apostles? He was never one of the 12 disciples and further, him and Jesus's other half-brother Judas (Jude) weren't even believers in Christ until some time after the resurrection.

So, once again...you think Saul knew Jesus better than his half-brothers? If that's on a tangent, then I don't know what to tell you anymore. You are so indoctrinated and blinded by the "bible is the inerrant word of god" that you can't even think for yourself. That's so sad. The Pharisee you uphold as knowing it all, was the highjacker of your "Savior's" words...yet, you can't see it, because of the indoctrination.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: enterthestage

For what? The Bible uses the term Saint to mean a person saved by grace, that's it. So what in the text leads you to believe Judas was redeemed by the blood of Christ?

Once again... that is total Pauline doctrine. Can ANY of you actually quote the Messiah or Savior you claim to follow??
You are so blinded by Paul's crapola, you can't even see how he contradicted Jesus.
Do yourself a favor and try to make Jesus' words and Paul's words fit to each other. I really want to see you do that.
Go for it, bro. Make them fit.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

John uses the same Greek word for the same group of people. And I'm not here to discuss Paul, there are dozens and dozens of threads about Paul on this website, if you want to engage in that discussion then use the search feature and partake in those threads.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 8 21 2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I esteem the entire Bible, I don't have favorites. My last 4 books I read were James, Mark, and 1st and 2nd Peter. It's only non-Christians who freak out about one author of a epistle or another. The entire book is great in my opinion, and if you don't share that same sentiment then it really doesn't mean anything to me. Rip out the epistles of Paul if you don't like them, you'll still get the saving gospel in the remaining books.

Don't like Paul's message of redemption through faith in the blood sacrifice of Jesus?? Okay, you can get the same teaching from 1st Peter and John chapter 3.

edit on 8 21 2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

John uses the same Greek word for the same group of people. And I'm not here to discuss Paul, there are dozens and dozens of threads about Paul on this website, if you want to engage in that discussion then use the search feature and partake in those threads.

Why do think there are "dozens and dozens" of discussions on Paul? You think there might be a reason? Yet, not One of you has answered any of the points I've made...no one. It's like you're "bowing out" of any of my points. Why is that? Do you no have answers to the things I've showed you?
Suit up and show up, man.. Stop ignoring the many things I've asked you to respond to. Do you even HAVE a response?
Or, is it easier to think you're taking the "high road" and putting me in the category of "deceived"??

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Why does anyone have to address the questions you've asked? I've been around here for years, been in many debates about Paul, and they go nowhere. The debate about Paul bores me. People like you aren't looking for a dialogue, you're only looking to mock and criticize with zero expectation of learning anything. That's a fruitless debate to me, and not worth my time. If it's something you feel strongly about, go ahead and use the search feature and engage in a discussion about Paul.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I esteem the entire Bible, I don't have favorites. My last 4 books I read were James, Mark, and 1st and 2nd Peter. It's only non-Christians who freak out about one author of a epistle or another. The entire book is great in my opinion, and if you don't share that same sentiment then it really doesn't mean anything to me. Rip out the epistles of Paul if you don't like them, you'll still get the saving gospel in the remaining books.

Don't like Paul's message of redemption through faith in the blood sacrifice of Jesus?? Okay, you can get the same teaching from 1st Peter and John chapter 3.

The whole "blood sacrifice" theme is what I have a problem with....and if you actually believe in a loving god who is all light and has no darkness in Him, you should too. But, that would mean questioning everything you have held onto as truth.
I don't like Paul's message of redemption because he took the whole Levitical blood sacrifice theme into the NT....when Jesus never made that his message...He made it about the Kingdom of God being within you and among you. It's being governed by something GOOD...not something that demands blood and destruction.
However, you are blind to that ultimate goodness because you think a GOOD God would want those things, because He's SOOOO Holy, and we are such worms that He demands it...even the death of His own Son.
How messed up is that, NoturTypical?
You can't even tell good from evil because you have a "book" dictating it to you.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Why does anyone have to address the questions you've asked? I've been around here for years, been in many debates about Paul, and they go nowhere. The debate about Paul bores me. People like you aren't looking for a dialogue, you're only looking to mock and criticize with zero expectation of learning anything. That's a fruitless debate to me, and not worth my time. If it's something you feel strongly about, go ahead and use the search feature and engage in a discussion about Paul.

If it bores you so much, then don't participate. It doesn't bore me, because I seek truth.
I don't care how many years you've been here...you still don't have a clue. Oh, and I learn every day....and I criticize those who don't care to learn anymore, since they think they have it ALL figured out, since their "Holy Book" told them what to think.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Matrixsurvivor

Why do think there are "dozens and dozens" of discussions on Paul? You think there might be a reason? Yet, not One of you has answered any of the points I've made...no one. It's like you're "bowing out" of any of my points. Why is that? Do you no have answers to the things I've showed you?
Suit up and show up, man.. Stop ignoring the many things I've asked you to respond to. Do you even HAVE a response?
Or, is it easier to think you're taking the "high road" and putting me in the category of "deceived"??

It's a pride thing. They believed something and now know they were duped by a pastor and/or a dead false prophet so pride won't let them admit it.

They can't rebut your points because you are more knowledgeable and happen to be correct. Silence is defeat in this instance so take the win.

We both know that a mountain of proof, not evidence but logically backed up proof, is available to establish beyond reasonable doubt that Paul was a false apostle.

This is why Bible study is always quote selective and interpretation of select quotes because if you read it like any book its clear as day. Even Jefferson said Paul was the first to corrupt Jesus teachings and the Ebionites and Nazarenes rejected him too so it's not new just a matter of awareness and being astute or not.

"Knowledge puffs up'' is something Christianity takes very seriously and obeys by avoiding it. Guess what NT writer said that? Paul. Why? Because he was jealous of the Apostles for having known Jesus. Read the whole section it's a fact.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
When you read passages from bible like turn the other cheek, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you. do you think Jesus wanted Christianity to be a reflective philosophy or a dictum that empowered Rome to be Gods spokesman on earth. If Jesus died for our sins why do Christians still sin today. Do they expect Jesus to die on the cross time and time again for their sins.

The Bible is corrupted as told by Koran, It needs to be fixed starting with his name. Its not jesus, its Joshua,

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

a reply to: 2012newstart

Ppl have been saying Nibiru was supposed to come in 2012, 2014, and spring of this year. The pass by already happened, and it was non-consequential.

I agree. The list is much longer. You sound as one of my posts that later I deleted and changed.
Still, if you want to HIDE a major planetary event for centuries or millenia, what would you do? Wouldn't you seed false info so the people stop believing it in first place?
Be sure I question every bit of info. I post because I feel the urgency to do so, not because I say what is posted is infallible. Everyone has been given a reason, and the information today is abundant. Still, we have to choose in that sea of info and disinfo what would save us, and I mean physical salvation. Jesus already saved our souls.

Will there be any difference for us if it is not Nibiru anywhere close, rather an asteroid, a supernova that already exploded and moving with the speed of light virtually undetectable for the current level of telescopes, or something else we don't imagine now? We just don't know. We were told abundant prophecy and ancient books as well that are not prophecy rather one may say - historical records, not part of any Bible but belonging to other traditions and cultures. We have enough, although the most important part was hidden from us.

Humanity won't be informed in plain language more than 2-3 weeks in advance of whatever planetary event is approaching. That was said by many insiders. Because one reason is, the panic and break down of society will kill us even before the cataclysmic event itself. So if you want to save number of reasoning and good people, they are usually the most likely victims of societal upheaval. The result will be their deaths and the salvation of others less worthy or unworthy people. One may want to watch Noah how the bad guy was saved, despite he preached the opposite of Noah and was the leader of the crowds.
edit on 22-8-2016 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

Yes, Joshua (ben Joseph) never ever called himself "Jesus Christ", he called himself "the son of man". The gospels are written in Greek except for Matthew, therefore they already adopted the Greek terminology centuries after the apostles.

About the Koran, I am not that proficient in it, however what I know is the Muslims honor the Bible - the OT as we call it. It is authentic because you have prophet sitting down and writing, and not his "sayings" to be written down 2 centuries later after some "tradition" or "church teaching". As one prominent scholar of ancient texts said, people didn't lie when speaking in first person about God at that time (unlike what they did later in history)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   

If it bores you so much, then don't participate.

That's precisely what I said I was doing, not going to participate.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   

The whole "blood sacrifice" theme is what I have a problem with....and if you actually believe in a loving god who is all light and has no darkness in Him, you should too. But, that would mean questioning everything you have held onto as truth.

Well, then you actually have a problem with Jesus, not Paul. That's what He taught all His disciples at the last supper.

Matthew 26:28 "for this is my blood, which confirms the covenant between God and his people. It is poured out as a sacrifice to forgive the sins of many."

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Perhaps what was being said was that those who learned from him had "the way"... as opposed to his physical blood

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join