It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swirly wave like smoke in my attic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Okay I already posted a photo on ATS of what I thought might be a UFO (which one poster has proved it 99% it wasn't which i agree) plus I posted about my UFO sighting with a mate back in 1988 when we were 16 but this is an experience I witness for about 6 months in 1990 when I lived in the attics at my mothers maisonette which dates from the Victorian era in North Tyneside UK.
BTW I apologise for my grammar as I have mild dyslexia.
I moved in my mothers attics back in 1987 when my brother moved out and never witness anything until the summer of 1990 when one night I just come back from a Scooter Club meeting ( I had a Vespa 125 and was in a Scooter Club called the Dogcatchers) I was sober when I went to bed and switched off the lights at around 11 ish at night when in the the middle of my room was this slow moving grey wave like smoke swirling around and hovering 3 feet from the ground....it wasn't coming from a window, floorboards, roof or out of anything it was just stuck in the middle in the air.
Anyway this freaked me out but instead of running downstairs and telling my mam and her boyfriend I just put the light on and put a pillow over my head and went to sleep and by 2 am I got sick of the light being on and switched the it off and noticed the smoke wasn't there.
Strange thing is I never told anyone not even my mam but can't remember how many times I saw it at night but sometimes I come in a bit merry from the pub and see it and just tell it to piss off and crash out on my bed, while other times I be sober after evening out on the scooters and would see it and freak out and go to sleep with the light on.
Then one week in near Christmas ( I think) my mate Chris from the Scooterclub Lambretta conked out so I said stay the night and we get some help for him in the morning and put a mattress down on my bedroom floor and the next day he told me he woke up in the middle of the night and there was all this smoke hovering above him.
thoughts ?

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: 808Funk

I have never seen the smoke/mist, (there was this one time, when i saw a mist ball in the air,outside) but based on what i have read, i think this is a real thing..

Maybe ghosts?

As they get older, detail is lost, and they eventually become just these mist things...

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Then one week in near Christmas ( I think) my mate Chris from the Scooterclub Lambretta conked out so I said stay the night and we get some help for him in the morning and put a mattress down on my bedroom floor and the next day he told me he woke up in the middle of the night and there was all this smoke hovering above him.
thoughts ?

As long as you hadn't her told hm before about your experience with the 'mist' in your room , then it becomes more compelling. Helps to have other peoples corroboration about things like that. Lends credence in our minds to personal experience.

As far as what, some people think spirits watch over us. Sometimes we get these odd glimpses of them. Best to have others that experience it, too. Find of flattering when you think about it. Spirit protectors, how cool is that?

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

An interesting recurring experience.

Has there been any other occurrences, either in the attic or anywhere else in your mam's home?. Which you may have forgotten, or thought they were too minor to mention.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

thoughts ?

As long as you hadn't her told hm before about your experience with the 'mist' in your room , then it becomes more compelling. Helps to have other peoples corroboration about things like that. Lends credence in our minds to personal experience.

As far as what, some people think spirits watch over us. Sometimes we get these odd glimpses of them. Best to have others that experience it, too. Find of flattering when you think about it. Spirit protectors, how cool is that?

Yeah never told him about it.
My mother moved into the house in late 1960's and didn't open up the attics till 1981 some strange happened then as when getting babysitted by my brother and sister and we heard my mams boyfriend running down saying something had brushed past him as there was no bulbs in the attic plus another time my brother and his mates are in the front room on a Saturday evening and there was a knock on the closed front room door but hey that could of been a mate playing a prank but no one was there.
Lots of things don't add up on the place and a few long term neighbours have told me stuff which I add on tomorrow.
edit on 14-8-2016 by 808Funk because: spelling

edit on 14-8-2016 by 808Funk because: Spelling (again)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

So things only happen in this house? I wouldn't worry, seems pretty benign.

No harm, just presences. Probably someone who died there, thats still there. For whatever reason. I lived in one of those kind of houses before.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

So things only happen in this house? I wouldn't worry, seems pretty benign.

No harm, just presences. Probably someone who died there, thats still there. For whatever reason. I lived in one of those kind of houses before.

My mam is 75 years old and has MS and we have a thing called CareCall which is a call out of service if I'm away they come out and get my mam out of bed etc but one of the guys is into things like the Paranormal and going to try catching him for a coffee as one of his colleague's told me that the house and street we are on are on Ley Lines (which I still don't know to much about) but where I live Tynemouth we have a castle and loads of # has happened in the past i.e. Roman's, Norman's, Viking's, Monks and the Nazi's and now the #ing foodie's and yuppies (only joking) but I have never (I think) seen a ghostly person unlike 3 doors down amongst others in the area.
I tell the rest tomorrow as long winded writing is not a strong point.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Ewww, places steeped in history can be creepy. I'll check back...

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Ewww, places steeped in history can be creepy. I'll check back...

Do I'm proper with what I'm talking about and not like some Most Haunted ....I wish forums has speakers then it be easier to tell you lol.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I was drooling over this...

where I live Tynemouth we have a castle and loads of # has happened in the past i.e. Roman's, Norman's, Viking's, Monks and the Nazi's

My mom grew up in Germany near a 500 year old castle, it was haunted, my brother and I had an experience there when we visited. She lived through WWII, lots of history around there, too.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   

I was drooling over this...

where I live Tynemouth we have a castle and loads of # has happened in the past i.e. Roman's, Norman's, Viking's, Monks and the Nazi's

My mom grew up in Germany near a 500 year old castle, it was haunted, my brother and I had an experience there when we visited. She lived through WWII, lots of history around there, too.

Please tell

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
We visited my moms home town and family for 8 weeks when I was twelve. The castle was our playground and we took multiple tours of it during the time we were there. So many, me and my brother got known by the staff and since our mom grew up there and her father was the local forester around the castle, they started letting us explore on our own instead of touring. Our mom would drop us off and we would spend the day wandering the grounds and structure (it is huge, google Coburg castle), The castle was never taken in conquest and the internal structure and museum and furnishings were pretty much all intact. Some of it was destroyed and rebuilt after WWII.

Many times armies tried taking it, one wall is filled with stone cannon balls. The wife of Russian Czar Nicholas was from the castle. During WWII, the Nazis occupied it, killed Jews there (theres a well on the grounds with a hundred bodies in it, supposedly). When Patton took the town of Coburg the castle was strafed and bombed, parts burned for three days. The wall with the cannon balls in it is stitched with .50 cal machine gun bullets from P51 Mustangs attacking it.

Anyway, we were allowed to explore and one day they let us into the (off limits) reserved quarters where descendants were still living. It was way up inside one large structure and there were lots of artifacts in glass cases with normal modern living furnishings. The people were gone that day so they let us in there un accompanied.

There was a stone spiral staircase going up to a tower lookout and my brother went up it to see out while I remained in the living quarters. A minute later he comes back down all frightened white as a sheet, pointing speechless up the stairwell. When he calmed down he said breathless there was something up there, what do you mean something, someones here? No, he kept saying I kept asking who and he wouldn't say. I thought maybe one of the people that lived there. He kept saying lets go while I wanted to go up the stone steps to see who it was.

We're standing there him pulling on my shirt and me not understanding and both of us are looking at the stairwell when there's this kind of shadow come round the corner of the stairs, blocking the sunlight from up above. It creeped down silently and stopped. My brother is like see, see?! and I'm like I'm like realizing that something unnatural is occurring because I can plainly see theres 'no-body' there, just the shadow, which is moving again, all the time coming lower, completely silent (no footsteps) about to enter the room from the steps and we are frozen, speechless. Again I can see there is no-one there.

My brother whispers what should we do? Right then our mother calls out to us to come on its time to go.

I yell, lets get the Hell out of here and we both ran toward the stairs to get out of there. The guide was with our mom and we came running and shes like whats going on, don't run and I blurt it out we saw a ghost. She laughs but the guide tells us this place is indeed haunted, lots of people over the years have reported seeing specters and apparitions. We didn't know that ahead of time. If we did we might not have been so eager to explore the dark recesses.

My mom later told us her tale of walking by the castle everyday back and forth to school. Sometimes she would return home after dark and see what she described as odd 'people' up on the parapets, a place that was sealed off because of decay and being unsafe. She thought they 'looked like guards'.

That was it. Not a very scary ghost story but just the same we both saw something very unnatural at the same time in a very old magical place. I was twelve and my brother was eight at the time. I've tried jogging his memory but he says he doesn't remember the encounter. Or he doesn't want to, whatever. Lots of people dismiss these incidents away. Its just one of my experiences, I remember them with fondness, they are some hi water marks of my life.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Thats a good story mate and wonder what it is.
My mam did say that in the mid 1980's she was hovering in the attics and for a split second she thought she could see a servant girl in the corner of her eye (the place has an old servants bell still in the front room).
Another time I had to sleep in my mams bed and she would put her cigarette ends out standing upright on the mantelpiece and the glow would disappear ( very health and safety NOT) but one time 2 started to glow and started move around in the air and I shouted out to my mam but that could of been my vision at night with the lights off.

top topics

join