It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Inauguration of George W Bush Coverage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The Inauguration ceremony of George W Bush will commence today at midday in a snow covered Washington. The oath of office will be administered by Chief Justice of the Supreme Court William Rehnquist. A day of festivities has already commenced beginning with a Church Ceremony attended by the Bush Family in St Johns Church, Washington. The Capitol building has been readied for the ceremonies and the city of Washington is surrounded by a "ring of steel."

"We are led, by events and common sense, to one conclusion: The survival of liberty in our land increasingly depends on the success of liberty in other lands. The best hope for peace in our world is the expansion of freedom in all the world."

"America has need of idealism and courage, because we have essential work at home - the unfinished work of American freedom. In a world moving toward liberty, we are determined to show the meaning and promise of liberty."

Excerpts from Inaugural Address

The Bush family began Inauguration Day at a church service at St. John's Episcopal Church near the White House. A visit to the church that Franklin Delano Roosevelt attended before each inauguration has become a tradition ever since.

The President will attended a morning breakfast and then move on to the Capitol building to take the oath of office at midday as required by the Constitution. It is believed the President will then use his Inaugural address to "spread freedom around the world."

[edit on 20-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I'm on 56k dial-up and this video link is working fine

Half way down on the right hand side here click on this.

It's in WMV and RealPlayer format.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
This is hardly an Inauguration, it's a coronation. Reminds me of 18th century France. All hail the twice appointed King George!

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I am protesting the inauguration of George W. Bush by not watching any media coverage of the pompous, frivolous, unneccesary fanfare that will be occurring today. If anything ill goes down, I'll be relying on ATSNN for my news coverage.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Just to clarify one thing, my
in my post was not my opinion of GWB.
It is just an indication that the video/audio link is working for those on 56k dial-up.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Come on Nerdling!

The only inaugural coverage the average Amurican cares about is as follows...

Washington Post

Here at the Marriott Wardman Park, Big Head Todd and the Monsters are onstage, doing their Austin party band best, and there's some dancing down front. The girls are wearing their $200 jeans and their slinky satin tops, hanging on the arms of guys in scuffed boots, and the crowd is moving around, waiting for some electrifying moment that will rock the room.

And then: "There she is!" Necks crane toward the VIP section, high above the dance floor. Girls go on tippy-toe, little squeals of excitement escaping from their pretty mouths. Jenna Bush, 23, is at the VIP bar ordering a vodka and tonic. She has to get her own drink? Guess her mother wasn't kidding when she said neither of her daughters has someone she's going to marry. "I would get her a drink," mumbles a young man. "I would get her anything." (Does he want to put his name to this? "I don't think that would help me out with her, do you?" he says.)

Jenna waits her turn, giving her shining blond hair a toss. She leans in, gives the bartender a dazzling smile, takes a long pull through the straw of her drink. She is wearing jeans and heels and a filmy black top, and she is carrying a white furry wrap and a cell phone. The VIP section is full of attractive, fashionable twenty-somethings who look like they're not hurting for money, life is going their way -- and they leave her alone. Not cool to rush the boss's daughter.

But on the other side of the rail, it's like a celebrity has come in range, right off the pages of Us magazine. People stare. They follow Jenna's hair as she moves, a couple of girlfriends by her side, a couple of guys standing around, shifting awkwardly from foot to foot. And we want to see Barbara! Where's Barbara? Oh, there she is, partly behind a column, in a pink blazer. She looks hot, too, everybody agrees.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

And there it is. The boy crazy heirs to the most powerful Amurican political dynasty in history wearing their dressy jeans and heels whilst daintily sipping vodka through the stirrer (how classy!).

*bUrP*

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
And there it is. The boy crazy heirs to the most powerful Amurican political dynasty in history wearing their dressy jeans and heels whilst daintily sipping vodka through the stirrer (how classy!).

Just had to throw that in there, didn't you? Talk about classy (not).

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Just had to throw that in there, didn't you? Talk about classy (not).

You just had to pick knits, didn't you?

Fine. They're girl crazy then.

Better?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Bush sworn in as US president
From correspondents in Washington
January 21, 2005

GEORGE W. Bush was sworn in to a second four-year term as president of the United States today in a ceremony on the steps of the Capitol.

Bush raised one hand and placed the other on a family Bible as he vowed to preserve, protect and defend the US Constitution in a 35-word pledge as old as the Republic.

"I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of president of the United States and will to the best of my ability preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. So help me God," the president said.

Link

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   

You just had to pick knits, didn't you?

Not to split hairs or anything, but the word you want is nit. As in nit-picking.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I imagine that the majority of the atheists got a kick out of this inauguration.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Journey
I imagine that the majority of the atheists got a kick out of this inauguration.

I'm an agnostic and didn't get a kick ou of it. Why would atheists get a kick out of it?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Well, the hue and cry about the order "Don't look at Bush!" turned out to be pure BS. I'm watching the parade go past the reviewing stand and most of them are smiling and waving to the President as they go by. Even the guys that walk behind the horses with shovels and buckets waved to him. I even saw one guy snapping pictures of the Prez.

new topics

top topics

join