It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Four Horsemen of Calumny

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I recently ran across a speech that was given over a half century ago in our US Senate Chambers. Set in a different time with different threats and dangers, I find it kind of odd just how it describes our current political situation. I just wanted to bring it here for those who might be interested.

The record of the present Democratic administration has provided us with sufficient campaign issues without the necessity of resorting to political smears. America is rapidly losing its position as leader of the world simply because the Democratic administration has pitifully failed to provide effective leadership.

The Democratic administration has completely confused the American people by its daily contradictory grave warnings and optimistic assurances—that show the people that our Democratic administration has no idea of where it is going.

The Democratic administration has greatly lost the confidence of the American people by its complacency to the threat of communism here at home and the leak of vital secrets to Russia through key officials of the Democratic administration. There are enough proved cases to make this point without diluting our criticism with unproved charges.

Surely these are sufficient reasons to make it clear to the American people that it is time for a change and that a Republican victory is necessary to the security of this country. Surely it is clear that this nation will continue to suffer as long as it is governed by the present ineffective Democratic administration.

Yet to displace it with a Republican regime embracing a philosophy that lacks political integrity or intellectual honesty would prove equally disastrous to this Nation. The Nation sorely needs a Republican victory. But I don’t want to see the Republican Party ride to political victory on the four horsemen of calumny—fear, ignorance, bigotry and smear.

I doubt if the Republican Party could—simply because I don’t believe the American people will uphold any political party that puts political exploitation above national interest. Surely we Republicans aren’t that desperate for victory.

the complete speech can be found here:

historymatters.gmu.edu...

the american voter cannot make a wise choice when they enter the ballot box when they are being fed 90% lies with 10% truth intermingled in. every day I come on these boards and there is new threads, with new allegations, from both sides really, half of which are borderline insane. I gave up trying to find the truth...it's like trying to find the golden needle in the middle of a giant pig pen!

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I don’t believe the American people will uphold any political party that puts political exploitation above national interest.

I'd say take a look at the Hillary bots. And I don't mean the fake Twitter accounts.
Obama got 8 years out of his "Hope and Change" bullsh** and we may be electing someone who's even worse. The Democrats don't care who is in office, as long as they stay in power. Obama and Co have gone a long way toward wrecking this country and Hillary will finish the job.
I honestly don't think the Republicans can do any worse.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I'm afraid that I decided that hillary liked to lie during the clinton years...
but,

Obama and Co have gone a long way toward wrecking this country and Hillary will finish the job.

I would argue that the country was already pretty much wrecked before obama got into office. it was kind of a case where all the kings horses and all the kings men just couldn't put humpty back together again!

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: DAVID64

I'm afraid that I decided that hillary liked to lie during the clinton years...
but,

Obama and Co have gone a long way toward wrecking this country and Hillary will finish the job.

I would argue that the country was already pretty much wrecked before obama got into office. it was kind of a case where all the kings horses and all the kings men just couldn't put humpty back together again!

I would agree that the country was in sad shape when President Obama took office but all the King's horses and all the King's men didn't even try to put Humpty back together. They just walked over his corpse and didn't look back

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I would say that this is more like trying to find a needle in a 2 ton pile of needles. Either way we go we are going to get stuck by a bunch of needles.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Political reform.

House
Senate
Supreme Court

Term limits for the House and Senate. (6 terms for house, 2 terms for Senate). Any one of these reps get caught taking money from special interest groups gets tried for treason.

Supreme Court. 10 year term and done. Keep this group rotating at least every decade. 1 and done. Same rule for special interest groups applies.

President. - see special interest group note from above.

A political office is not a job, it is a service to your fellow Americans.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSemiSkeptic

but humpty hit the wall in midfall, and all the peasants, merchants, nobles, the rich and the poor were released and found themselves unprotected from the coming impact...
why look back, wouldn't it be better for each to look ahead and try to find a way to lessen the impact for themselves?

the poor peasants found they really had very little to work with, some became angry. others took their guns and headed for the hills. the merchants, the nobles, and the rich, well, they had more to work with, some a lot more.. and they are in self preservation mode, knowing full well that such times as these not only offer financial ruin, but also financial riches! they've been not only cannabalizing on the poor since then, but also each other. country against country, continent against continent.
it's much easier to be generous, kind hearted, all for equal rights when times are great, but once the illusion falls apart and the reality of what is sets in, it becomes more difficult.

isis was started by obama and hillary and started the war in afghanistan?? really??? isis already had a foothold in Iraq before bush left office. we literally gave much of saddams armaments to the terrorists in the first months of the war by not securing his arms stashes. because of his history of torturing innocent iraqis, including kids, by the time obama came into office, the iraqis didn't want us there, obama pulled us out because the conditions the iraqis set for us staying weren't acceptable to us, since one of those conditions was that our troops would have to be subject to their court system... look it up if you don't believe me!!!

this is just one example of how our history, at least the perception of it is being rewritten in the current time.. there's plenty more. I would error if I were to say that it's just the republicans holding this agenda, for political gain. I don't believe it is, the dems are playing their role also... otherwise, they'd quickly speak up and refute some of the crazy claims that are being made. no they want what has happened in the past to be sunk in murky waters just as badly as the republicans do. they're just the right and left hand of satan, working in tandem, one works hard to benefit the business sector... outsourcing is great for the economy, our workers aren't qualified, we don't have the workers, we need to import the workers, our workers just don't want to work... we need to increase the inflation rate, we need to reduce the wages..
the other side is busy expanding those programs for the poor, the poor starving kids, who are going without medical care, homeless, and living in cars, and on and on...

one sides efforts would be in vain if it wasn't for the efforts of the other side. and well, since this whole scheme, in the end would become quite ineffective and we are at the end... now it's down to the blame game, just who will be the scapegoats, sacrificed at the alters of profit and greed..

but, we all know who the winners will be, and they are positioned on both sides of the aisle, they have benefited in the best of times and the worst of times, they can raise any stock value through the roof over night, just to sink it the next day, and walk away with a great deal of profit. they can sink the housing market, and buy the homes pennies to the dollar, and then watch the rental prices increase as they rent those homes out. they have the power, they have the funding, and well, they have the gov't to pass the laws to make such things happen... and they have ensured that there are a multitude of scapegoats for the masses to blame.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

heck at this point, I'd go for every mentally stable man and women with a high school diploma having to register for a draft every three years and well, all of our elected offices can be filled through a draft! we'd probably get a much better result that what we have.

new topics

top topics

join