It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump ‘Fine’ With Prosecuting U.S. Citizens at Guantánamo

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
a reply to: Annee

It is about Guantanimo and it being open. Don't complain about Trump while giving Obama a free pass.

No, its about Trump and what Trump said.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Oh yes because that is more important than what those in power have done!

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

originally posted by: Vector99

And there is a difference between US territory and US soil.

Not for international law.

*Yeah well, that doesn't mean much anymore when it comes to torture, I know.
edit on 14-8-2016 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Oh yes because that is more important than what those in power have done!

Its the subject of the thread.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

So you give Obama a free pass for not closing it the entire time he has been in office?

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

So you give Obama a free pass for not closing it the entire time he has been in office?

What part of this thread is about Trump, not Obama --- do you refuse to grasp?

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

It is about Guantanimo and it being open. Don't complain about Trump while giving Obama a free pass.

So, there just words but dear leader actually drones u.s citizens but that's okay right?

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: Annee

So, there just words but dear leader actually drones u.s citizens but that's okay right?

Try moving forward to next in charge.

Living in the past is useless.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

What does that even mean?? Is Obama the current potus or not??

I will remember that last sentence when you blame Bush.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

There is nothing Trump could have done about it. I just see the whole thing as being hypocritical.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

This thread is about Donald Trump and his intentions as president.

Obama is out in afew months and there are a tonne of threads about his actions as president. This isn't the topic to argue those.

Instead of derailing this thread to protect Trump, why don't you actually address the OP?

And with regards to drones, Trump has stated he supports using any means necessary against terrorists. Given he is fine charging american citizens in Guantanamo, I doubt he'd have an issue continuing to use those drones against american citizens. If this is the case, why should this be acceptable all of a sudden?

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

What difference does it make to give Trump 8 years??? Um maybe because Obama had EIGHT years and it is still open. What Obama has done carries more weight than what Trump has said right now.

Ok, let's take this real slow so you can understand. The difference is that Trump doesn't intend on doing anything. That's the difference. Obama didn't close it after 8 years. Trump doesn't intend to close it at all, ever. Do you see the difference now or are you going to continue to just play dumb???

Obama Failed to close it. Trump doesn't even want to close it. So we don't have to wait for Trump to see what he does because he doesn't plan on changing anything. Can you see the difference now???

For anyone who wants it closed the issue now is who to elect that might close it. Nobody knows for sure if they will but voting for someone who wants it open would obviously be a poor choice since they won't even try to close it even if they could.

It can't be explained any more clear than that. So if you still don't get it you never will.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

It has been acceptable for the last eight years so why the big deal now?

Action speaks louder then words and so far Trump is just talking while we know who has been acting.

Also all you guys are convinced that Donald is going to lose so why are you making a big deal over this?

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Again this thread is about Donald Trump.

Donald Trump is fine with prosecuting american citizens at Guantanamo. Is this fine with you?

Donald Trump is fine with using drones. Is this fine with you?

There's a tonne of threads about Obama. Why don't you stick to topic?

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Also all you guys are convinced that Donald is going to lose so why are you making a big deal over this?

Because we aren't convinced that he's going to lose because he's gathered a fairly large and loyal following that will excuse any and all mistakes he makes to get him elected.

Because the more his supporters ignore and deflect from Trump's problems as being President the more we have to point them out.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Yes I know it's about Trump I said his name.

So all you wanted was a yes or no answer then you should have put that in your op.

Yes I want Trump to continue the streak that others have done at least he tells the truth but I suppose you all like to be lied to, I wonder how many people would vote for him if he said that he will open the books on Area 51 or maybe if he said he was going to legalize weed? Some people like to be lied to oh well I guess you can't fix the gullible.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Guantanamo.

Has such a nice ring to it... Kinda like Devils Island, no?

I wonder if there's an Alfred Dreyfus in residence?

Guantanamo is so anti-ethical as to beggar the imagination. Out of sight, out of mind. We won't worry about the prisoners there because well the Gubmint says they belong there...they is baaaad dudes. Really? We're just so very sure of that in all cases, right? So sure that they don't deserve a trial? Not a kangaroo court, but a trial.

No, they're not Americans, or many of 'em aren't, even most, that means they don't deserve a fair trial? An impartial trial, as best can be had? Really?

Remember this mantra?

They hate us for what we are.

What are we, that we allow this travesty to occur? How does this make us different from those we're supposedly fighting against? I submit it makes us much the same. Cool, huh?

Trump is in favor of keeping it open. Not all that surprising, really. His regurgitated nationalism virtually screams for something like Guantanamo to exist...

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
How many "gitmos" are out there that we don't know about? Close the public one and it still wouldn't matter they would put them in a different undisclosed location.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I don't know if Trump supporters will actually care about this one.. too late, he's too popular, by now he can say pretty much whatever the hell he wants.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

WRONG!

Trials at Guantanamo can happen under the same premise as those at Nuremberg.

The Nuremberg Trials were Military Tribunals and worked fine to prosecute the Nazi scum of the time.

Or are you against the Nuremberg trials and a de-facto anti semite ?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join