It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump ‘Fine’ With Prosecuting U.S. Citizens at Guantánamo

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious

But why is GITMO so important to you? Because it is on U.S. soil?

Gitmo is in Cuba, just a FYI.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

The Naval Station Guantanamo Bay is actually occupied U.S. territory.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

What a crock. It doesn't do any good to complain about someone who isn't even in the white house. So Obama gets a free pass because he didn't close it down in 8 years? At least give Trump 8 years before complaining about him then.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColCurious

The Naval Station Guantanamo Bay is actually occupied U.S. territory.

And there is a difference between US territory and US soil.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

I'm in a thread where some posters are agreeing with sending US citizens to Gitmo. Of course I'm a bit on edge, especially since some people that I thought would be pro-constitutional rights seem to be arguing the opposite. It makes it hard to know who's who on this issue.

Yeah, it's disgusting. I may believe that Trump will win in a landslide, but that doesn't mean I'm happy about it. The temperament of our country right now is beginning to approach desperation, and nothing will good will come from that. Hillary is lying and cheating as she always does, but Trump is the one tapping into that sense of desperation.

Desperate people do desperate, stupid things. They are more easily manipulated than the simply ignorant, and more fanatical in their beliefs. I feel that we may lose many otherwise rational constitutionalists to this charlatan. He's like a sleazy evangelist using politics instead of religion to sucker people in.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

It doesn't do any good to complain about someone who isn't even in the white house.

So that means anything these presidential candidates say in the elections don't mean anything since... by your argument... they're not in office yet?

I take it if Hillary said she wanted to do away with the second amendment we should just ignore thise since she 'isn't even in the whitehouse yet'?

Strange logic I tell ya.

When it comes to somebody running for the highest office in the land, the only way you can measure their intentions, their suitability, is by assessing their policies and comments. I don't see how this is difficult for you to understand? Or maybe it's not difficult for you to understand. Maybe we should just leave Trump alone and complain about Obama because you know, he has what? 5 months left in office.

Strange as well, we're on page 5 and you still haven't commented on how you feel about Trumps position.

Strange.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

All too willing to submit to a strongman, this is how warlords become dictators and exactly why the Constitution is supposed to be an equalizer.

There's so much more to be said but it's not you that needs read it and those that do keep covering their eyes.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Because of the loose definitions of what is considered terrorism (both foreign and domestic) according to the FBI and the US Patriot Act, Guantanamo absolutely must be shut down.

Damn near anyone can be labelled a terrorist these days and it's also important to note that what's defined as "terrorism" is constantly being changed on a regular basis with more things being added to the list year after year.

This opens the floodgates 'carte blanche' to any US citizen being snatched and tossed into a place that operates under its own laws beyond the reach of individual constitutional rights... arbitrarily, without due process.

And because of that, what Trump is suggesting should scare the living bejeezus out of every American citizen.

Seriously folks, this is no joking matter to be taken lightly.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I got a soluion for the 100 prisoners left. Ask Fidels brother to "execute" them Quietly as Spies. Plant evidence on them and voila problem solved.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
Because of the loose definitions of what is considered terrorism (both foreign and domestic) according to the FBI and the US Patriot Act, Guantanamo absolutely must be shut down.

Damn near anyone can be labelled a terrorist these days and it's also important to note that what's defined as "terrorism" is constantly being changed on a regular basis with more things being added to the list year after year.

This opens the floodgates 'carte blanche' to any US citizen being snatched and tossed into a place that operates under its own laws beyond the reach of individual constitutional rights... arbitrarily, without due process.

And because of that, what Trump is suggesting should scare the living bejeezus out of every American citizen.

Seriously folks, this is no joking matter to be taken lightly.

This ^^^^^
You nailed it. This would be the tipping point from a Constitutional Republic to a deeply authoritarian, fear-based rule.

Remember "If you aren't with us you're with the terrorists?" How easily the mob-mind can be manipulated by fear?

This is very very dangerous talk from Trump. If Trump supporters could pretend for a moment that Obama had said it, I think we'd have billion-star threads on how evil and anti-Constitutional it is!!
edit on 14-8-2016 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer

What a crock. It doesn't do any good to complain about someone who isn't even in the white house. So Obama gets a free pass because he didn't close it down in 8 years? At least give Trump 8 years before complaining about him then.

Boy you really are dense. What difference does it make to give Trump 8 years when he's already said he isn't going to close it and wants to start up torture there as well. Clearly he's not going to even try and close it regardless of how long we might give him.

You're just throwing a tantrum because you need to protect your cult leader Trump from any valid criticism. Well too bad. If he wasn't such a prick he wouldn't have so many people against him. So you're just gonna have to deal with it.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Why? Because common sense and Trump go hand in hand?

Hardly. You just said you were fine with Gitmo staying in operation. So I'm saying that Trump is your man then. Pretty simple to figure out my comment. Didn't think I needed to draw you a map to figure that one out.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

And you seem to be giving a free pass to those in office who had 8 years to close it down. THAT's strange logic.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
There really shouldn't be a question regarding Guantanamo. I think all of us here have, over the last few years, have agreed that Guantanamo is a mess and it needs to be shut down.

Why is it a mess? I don't think the "all agree" statement is accurate. Did you say that to put legitimacy into your post?

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

So many people try to put someone in a box. Tsk tsk. I guess it helps you cope? Trump is my cult leader? In this post I was called a Clintonite that follows the Alinsky doctrine lol

What difference does it make to give Trump 8 years??? Um maybe because Obama had EIGHT years and it is still open. What Obama has done carries more weight than what Trump has said right now.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Um maybe because Obama had EIGHT years and it is still open. What Obama has done carries more weight than what Trump has said right now.

Didn't know this thread was about Obama.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Putting it into perspective. There is no sense in complaining about someone under which Guantanimo may stay open while it is open now and has been for years. People let hate for Trump override any common sense.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Putting it into perspective. There is no sense in complaining about someone under which Guantanimo may stay open while it is open now and has been for years. People let hate for Trump override any common sense.

I don't hate Trump. I don't think he's right for president, but NO - - I don't hate Trump.

There is nothing wrong with my common sense.

This is still not about Obama. Only you are making it about Obama.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

It is about Guantanimo and it being open. Don't complain about Trump while giving Obama a free pass.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join