It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Queens imam and his assistant shot to death by gunman in attack local Muslims blame on Donald Trump:

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

A lone gunman gunned down a Queens imam and wounded his assistant as the pair walked home from their mosque after Saturday afternoon prayers, police and witnesses said.

The attacker shot each man in the head from close range in what members of the mosque quickly denounced as a hate crime. Both victims were dressed in Muslim garb when they were targeted, police sources said.

Alala Uddin Akongi, the married father of three, was a revered religious leader since his arrival in Queens from Bangladesh less than two years ago. His assistant, 60-year-old Thara Uddin, was desperately fighting for his life.

The shooter fled the scene on foot — leaving his victims lying in their own blood . . .

Queens imam shot to death by gunman in attack the Muslim community has denounced as a hate crime

This story is interesting because the shooting was done, in my opinion, based on very cursory information, efficiently.

Local people were blaming the shooting on Donald Trump's rhetoric. The police said it is not a hate crime. I wonder, myself, if it is some internal matter, within the Muslim community. Shooting the rival Imam or the politically opposed Mullah is certainly not unheard of in places like Iraq.
edit on Sat Aug 13 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: edited title to reflect source title...BAN rule

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Little early to call it a hate crime without even knowing the perpetrator.
Execution style killing is certainly not a sign of love however.
No mention of a robbery either, eh?

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

More stupid people.or operatives...

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

It had to have been a hate crime, at least in the medias eye's.

According to two police sources who spoke to NBC 4 New York, their initial investigation into the crime indicates it was motivated by a robbery.

Gawker

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
What got me about the story initially was that I've been watching CBSN online, off and on, all day and didn't see this, but out of boredom I switched to France 24 and they were reporting it. Then I found it on the NY Daily News site.

edit on 13-8-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

If the guy was white maybe.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
As I read the title I was thinking why has the Queen of England got a Imam??.

I see Trump is getting the blame on the source headline, maybe it was just a lone nut or someone that was mentally Ill, there are a lot of incidents of this going on you just need to look at all the attacks of recent to see that.... Hate crimes do not even exist, or they do not as far as the regressive left media are concerned..

Oh they do exist when they serve their agenda or the attacker was not a member of the religion of peace..

RA

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
People will blame Trump until it shows it was a democrat who did it, then they will blame guns.

Either way it's a win-win for the leftists.

Senseless violence to anyone else with half a brain.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

leader since his arrival in Queens from Bangladesh less than two years ago. His assistant, 60-year-old Thara Uddin, was desperately fighting for his life. The shooter fled the scene on foot — leaving his victims lying in their own blood . .

I don´t know if such phrases are common in your media but it´s a red flag for me. Too much emotion pushing in my eyes. Either intended or just bad writer. I really don´t know if it´s common but it raises concerns. I don´t know why it´s just a feeling.

I find it a bit respectless towards the victims. Maybe it´s just me.
edit on 13-8-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Well thats to bad the chickens have come home to roost im sad to say. also tooo bad/sad

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

What I find ironic is people claim Trump has no support in the Hispanic population. But then suddenly they are blaming Trump for a Hispanic shooting them. God it's a good thing he wasn't white or we would get 3 or 4 days talking about how Trump's statements killed these two.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I don't think they know anything about the shooter, do they? There is CCTV footage of him running away from the scene, but he is still at large.

The second man shot has died according to reports.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit

A lone gunman gunned down a Queens imam and wounded his assistant as the pair walked home from their mosque after Saturday afternoon prayers, police and witnesses said.

The attacker shot each man in the head from close range in what members of the mosque quickly denounced as a hate crime. Both victims were dressed in Muslim garb when they were targeted, police sources said.

Alala Uddin Akongi, the married father of three, was a revered religious leader since his arrival in Queens from Bangladesh less than two years ago. His assistant, 60-year-old Thara Uddin, was desperately fighting for his life.

The shooter fled the scene on foot — leaving his victims lying in their own blood . . .

Queens imam shot to death by gunman in attack the Muslim community has denounced as a hate crime

This story is interesting because the shooting was done, in my opinion, based on very cursory information, efficiently.

Local people were blaming the shooting on Donald Trump's rhetoric. The police said it is not a hate crime. I wonder, myself, if it is some internal matter, within the Muslim community. Shooting the rival Imam or the politically opposed Mullah is certainly not unheard of in places like Iraq.

I knew something was going to happen soon. Looks like the Muslim brigade is going to start opening up in the USA. Along with Black Lives Matters, the race war will start soon.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Just what the US needs, sectarian violence.

What's next, car bombs?

Maybe hillary can arm the opposition.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

What I find ironic is people claim Trump has no support in the Hispanic population. But then suddenly they are blaming Trump for a Hispanic shooting them. God it's a good thing he wasn't white or we would get 3 or 4 days talking about how Trump's statements killed these two.

Ya its strange, it's almost like the Trump crows complaining about the "PC Police" and Snowflake SJWs, but then turning tail and not liking Obama's language.
edit on 2016 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

If only New York had stricter gun laws, this never would have... oh wait.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Well, that is just as silly as the young man in TX claiming that he wasn't at fault because he was too rich and spoiled by his parents.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Trump Crows... haha... why does my mind immediately go to Game of Thrones.... actually, I like that term.... Carry On.

I'd like to take it upon myself to give an avian reference to Hilldabeast supporters now... Lets see... feeding on death and misery... for some reason I want to go with vultures.... ... Eureka!! It fits.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Huh right on time to fill the news slots with more division and focus on the psy-op known as Donald Trump...

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
possible crime against muslims based solely on religion in the US, psy op / false flag by left/ loner

possible crime against non muslim by possible muslim...' the religion of peace strikes again, terrorists, keep muslim out of the US amongst other less flattering ideas.

if it was an eye for en eye society would have faded into obscurity long long long ago.

vote Trump.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join