It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I May Be Homeless

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

I might be able to have more time. I will look into the legality of it. I'm still trying to talk him into reconsidering, trying to appeal to his good nature...sigh.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

Thanks for the ideas. I will have to consider all the possibilities. Right now I'm still in hopes that my landlord might change his mind. He is not responding though..

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

It will work out. I was homeless once. At that point I learned a lesson and that is to create circumstances you want in life instead of letting others create them for you. I think your landlord has to give you more time legally, don't know but 5 days seems illegal. I would not move out if it were me. Let them evict me. That process alone takes 30 days or more.
Buy you some more time.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Yes, if I can't get him to reconsider I should be able to fight it and raise enough funds for somewhere else. I only need another week or so. The apprentice program sounds familiar. I may have looked into that in the past but returned to a seasonal job and didn't bother with it. It has been a few years since I've been on EI, unfortunately.

link   
Thanks to everyone for your support and kind words. It really does help

link   
a reply to: LifeMode

In the OP's province, eviction actually only takes 3-6 days if it isn't winter. The process to evict is what seems not right. The landlord has to serve the tenant with a notice of late payment or equivalent 3 times before the can serve them with an eviction notice, which gives 15 days to vacate the premises.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

LCH,

I have been where you are and there are many brighter days ahead.
One thing might improve your situation ...don't be available to be a victim. Claim your self-worth and walk in pride wherever you go, even if deep down you feel like you are faking it. YOU ARE WORTH MUCH or you wouldn't be here, in this NOW. Project only good towards you and you will be surprised at what comes your way. I am sending good vibes to you now.
Expect it.

I care.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

Yes, I will fight it. I will have to. I have certainly learned the hard way not to rely on anyone. Self-reliance all the way. I've done much better in everything I do since those 'friends' of mine left the picture. I have my old confidence back and am actually a lot more confident than ever before. They managed to run me down in ways I didn't even realize until afterwards. They'd build me up one moment and then knock me down the next. Everything was a mole hill, a drama. Truth is, it made me stronger. But it came with came with a price.

I also do creative things on the side and desire to make a living do what I love. It just takes time, and of course while in financial straits you don't feel very inspired.
edit on 13-8-2016 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2016 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Wow, thanks a lot! I definitely agree

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I have confidence in you Honey. You've been through crap before and saw your way beyond it all. Much love and light Sweetie! You are stronger than you know!

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thanks Night
Especially with you in my life.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Update:

I see online that eviction requires a month's notice for a yearly rental. However, elsewhere it states that notice can be given for 14 days if the rent is not paid. Still, that should give me enough time to find a place.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This thing with people taking advantage of you and using you seems to be way too much of a recurring pattern in your life. Do you have aspergers? Don't read this in the wrong tone. I think this is a fundamental problem you need to address in your life. You need to try to be more socially aware in the future so people don't keep doing this to you. Even your landlord thinks he can just make you do whatever whenever. Just my 2c brother I've had my face in the dirt before too, best of luck to you.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Good to see that You looked into the legalities of Your situation.
I feel for You and Hope for the best...
I hate when people take My kindness for a weakness.
It seems You are in the same boat as far as that goes.
It has made Me to look at people differently, and I don't really like that, but it does help at times.
I look a bit deeper into their words to Me, and what Their intentions may actually be.
It is a hard thing to develop, for some, but worth it in the end.
You seem to be Deep enough to get the hang of it...
Best of Good Luck for You!!! Chin Up My ATS Brother!

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
A big hug to you Sir.

You are a kindred spirit. Some of us seem to be jinxed.
I have for many years run into intolerable work situations but perhaps it develops character if we approach it in the right manner. All though it would be nice to just relax for a change.

My prayers go out to you that is all I can offer and please keep us updated.

You should prosecute those scam artists. Go prove it.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: avp251

Yeah I need to work on that. I have a lack of social skills due to my solitary past. Well, I still am solitary to an extent. There are some things I need to work on but first I need to get this situation sorted.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Thanks. Yes, I have been working on that.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Thanks, WIS
Wish I could prove it. Would love to get him fired. Eventually he will go back to prison though. The downside to being a crook. As harsh as the modern world can be, crazy workplace situations is still better than prison.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
You are one of the most amazing people I have ever met! You deserve everything good and wonderful in life Honey!

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Sorry that you're having trouble like that. I'm kind of in the same situation. I hope things work out for you.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join