It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

racists on ATS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by MacKiller

I'm sorry, but you are incorrect.

When mods see a hurtful comment, we take care of it faster then you can say "Fish on a stick."

i did say some because i have seen some ignore them

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Really?

You can see what we are doing?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
mwm1331,
it theory, it is all good to hear that people can talk whatever they want, freedom of speech won't hurt anyone and all that.

In reality, you let a crazy preacher OPENLY talk about hating a certain race or sexual preference, sooner or later someone with genetic or social predisposition to become a serial killer will hear so much of it that he will act upon it.
There is a diference between thinking about hating others for yourself, in your head, and going out on the street to openly preach to others that hatred.

Hitler goes out, TALKS about hating and killing jews, a few years later, 6 million of them are dead.
Bin Laden go out, talk about killing americans, Atta listens, listens some more, then goes and kills 3,000 of them.

The line is very clear and apparently thoughts like mine are becoming relevant with more and more countries considering anti-vilification laws.

It all starts with talking and in real world it should be stoped right there, at the begining, before it turns into something more.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
People have a right to think feel believe whatever they want about any group of people.
The fact that you disagree with those thoughts is irrelevant.

Bottom line is that "freedom of speech" does not apply here. This is a privately owned board and the rules are set by the owner, Simon Gray. So we'll play Simon says and Simon says "No racism", end of story.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   

In reality, you let a crazy preacher OPENLY talk about hating a certain race or sexual preference, sooner or later someone with genetic or social predisposition to become a serial killer will hear so much of it that he will act upon it.

Oh and you think if they didn't hear the preacher they would be nice to puppes and little children?
The difference is that hitler and OBL didn't just talk, they made it happen, they took action.
Actions can be outlawed thoughts, ideas, and words can not and should not be.
But hey If you want yur government to set a precedent for telling you what you can think,feel say, good luck.
Today you outlaw racist comments, tomorrow you outlaw sexist comment, pretty soon it becomes illegal to disagree with anyone about anything. It becomes illegal to dislike someone for any reason.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Bottom line is that "freedom of speech" does not apply here. This is a privately owned board and the rules are set by the owner, Simon Gray. So we'll play Simon says and Simon says "No racism", end of story.

I am not talking about the board allthough I disagree with board policy as well. My problem is with anti-villification laws. etc. Its a trend I see happening in damn near every country and its getting worse every day.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Where does it stop, that is the fear. I do not like groups like P.E.T.A so is there message unlawful also by those standards. Take a guy like Jessie Jackson I rank him the same as someone from the KKK because he lumps me in with people who owned slaves 100+ years ago when there was nothing wrong with it. I think the whole thing was horrible but if I would have been alive then and lived in the south who knows I guess we can't say.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Sticks and stones will break thy bones but raciast comments will only offend the.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Okay...First off - Racism far transcends the boundaries of someone's culture....I mean - there's people out there who think that a blue eyed person is their worst enemy...

Really what's being addressed here, I believe, is negative and degrading comments...no matter what form they come in...

As many have mentioned - our mods and admin have a HEAVY workload they are dealing with in their spare time....So....

The best thing you can do, is not start a thread to complain about it, but either send a suggestion, or, U2U a mod in charge of that forum with a link and describe what's going on....

Your suggestion can potentially save the mods time and will get the problem addressed faster, if they see it as a problem worth addressing at all....

[edit on 1/20/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
good call Enron.

Close this thread.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
If you are reffering to the Jews are taking over the world threads I dont think the mods could do anything.

"Deny ignorance"

All theorys are excepted.

They excepted mine, didn't they?

[edit on 20-1-2005 by shorty]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by shorty
If you are reffering to the Jews are taking over the world threads I dont think the mods could do anything.

Shorty has a point.
There are many jewish theories surrounding the new world order and you cannot ignore it. What you have to do, is have a sensetive debate about it and try not to offend anyone.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I will say it, DrHoracid Is a racist among other things.

I dont understand how the staff can let this person keep bashing.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
SpittinCobra

posted on 19-1-2005 at 10:42 AM Post Number: 1102432 (post id: 1124325) quote

Son, I think you may be gay.

found here : www.belowtopsecret.com...

:shk::shk::shk::shk:

[edit on 20-1-2005 by elevatedone]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I was being honest.

He might be gay. It happens.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

So just whom am I racest against?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
If someones is perceived as a bigot on this board, i can assure you, they are banned. It isn't wise to call people racists with no evidence to readily back yourself up with. As mackiller said, if you see something that you consider racist, check the forum mods, and u2u one you feel comfortable contacting.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

So just whom am I racest against?

Anyone thats not American, Muslims, Iranians and who ever dont think like you.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   

The best thing you can do, is not start a thread to complain about it, but either send a suggestion, or, U2U a mod in charge of that forum with a link and describe what's going on....

Well i think all's been said here, i suggest you do the above, as myself and other mods, are happy to deal with your request,

Feel free to u2u me, if you have a problem with a member then please use the suggestions/complaints and link us where you feel the member has said something you believe is not productive on the board,

ASala

Thread closed,

[edit on 20-1-2005 by asala]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   

racists on ATS

im sure others will back me up on this

why dont some mods and super mods do anything about racist comments?
most just defend the poster

Well, to my knowledge, RACISM isn't against the Terms of Service...as far as I know, in and of itself. However, HATEFUL speech is, as are blanket insults. Usually, VERY racist comments will usually also fall under one of these two categories. When it does, well...that's when you'll see Warns, etc. However, if it's just kind of skirting the line, and more in a gray area....then most mods prefer to err on the side of caution and let it go. Eventually, it usually crosses the line anyhow, and at THAT point, action is taken.

In my opinion, racism only serves to weaken your argument, and your viewpoint, and the poster is pretty much punishing themselves in this regard.

As many have pointed out, we moderate of our own free will, with no other compensation other than that we love the ATS community. As members, no doubt you all already know just how big a jungle the ATS board is...and many of us mod in forums we don't always go into often... The best advice I can give is if you see something that you think should be addressed, but notice it isn't....hey, let us know, and most of us would be happy to do so, but we aren't omniscient...(oops, I'll probably get in some trouble for saying that, hehe...)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join