It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

racists on ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   
im sure others will back me up on this

why dont some mods and super mods do anything about racist comments?
most just defend the poster

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:13 AM
link   
do you know what a mods current work load looks like

they are working to the very edge of their human abilities, just send a u2u if you see anything racist

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
do you know what a mods current work load looks like

they are working to the very edge of their human abilities, just send a u2u if you see anything racist

dude some mods read them and still ignore it

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   
so what, just don't read them or ignore them.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   
maybe more mods are needed then? how many post per day on ats?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Well firstly, how do you define "racists comments"?
it really depends on what is being stated.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   
To my best guess. Being the only Chinese on this forum, I had never receive any racists remarks.

Perhaps I should shut off my "read only" mode and start contributing...

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by instar
how many post per day on ats?

(last 24 hours) on ATS alone there is: 2172 which doesn't include BTS and P@ATS.

[edit on 20-1-2005 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
dude some mods read them and still ignore it

How do you know that, bodrul?
UK Wizard is right about the workload (which they do for FREE)

ATS, BTS, P@ATS, ATSNN and TerrorAnalysis. I'm sure if there was a blatantly racist post, it wouldn't be missed.

Sanc'.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   
The work load of a mod is huge,
Sometimes i have to help out the mods in the NWO section and do extra work aswell as FSME. I watch for repeated threads, trolling, etc and have to send links to the mods of the NWO section. It might take up to a day for them to respond due to their workload.

Remembers, mods do a lot of work

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Could you imagine what would happen if mods disappeared for just one day

there'd be nothing left

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I have to say that I have seen a few racist comments slip here and there, they are not deleted, edited, I don't know if mods sent a warning via u2u to poster in question though.

I've seen stuff like "all arabs are pigs, kill them all". That is not freedom of speech anymore, that is blatant racism.

Racism is not an opinion, racism is a crime.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
I have to say that I have seen a few racist comments slip here and there, they are not deleted, edited, I don't know if mods sent a warning via u2u to poster in question though.

I've seen stuff like "all arabs are pigs, kill them all". That is not freedom of speech anymore, that is blatant racism.

Racism is not an opinion, racism is a crime.

Thats whats worng with the world right there.
Racism is not a crime.
Acting on racism is.
Saying all (insert ethnic group here) are sub human is protected by freedom of speech.
Going out and shooting them because of that belief is a crime.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   
bodrul, why don't you share with us your experiences with racism on this board? I'm sure if you supply a url where you found this alleged racist remark and where it was disregarded, we can discuss it. I hope you didn't confuse political incorrectness with racism. Sometimes that does happen with our younger members.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I have seen racists remarks on ATS before in the past, nothing to what has been happening lately around here. But extremely offensive posts are dealt with straight away by mods.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Saying "all arabs are pigs, kill them all" is inciting racial hatred and makes people act upon it.

Hitler was ONLY TALKING at the begning too, and everybody let him. With time, more and more people followed his words, until there was enough of them to DO something.

Racism is a crime in my book and it should be in others too.

We always try to stop these things when it is too late. We let nutters preach hatred and say that is their RIGHT to do so. It is not. Openly advocating killings of others should be treated as a crime.

Some muslim clerics are ONLY talking about killing all infidels. Should we let them talk or should we stop them?

Should we let neo-nazis preach about killings of colored people, or should we stop them?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   
ok give me a min and i will quote most

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Thats whats worng with the world right there.
Racism is not a crime.

It should be and it is here, we have anti villification laws!

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
Saying "all arabs are pigs, kill them all" is inciting racial hatred and makes people act upon it.

Hitler was ONLY TALKING at the begning too, and everybody let him. With time, more and more people followed his words, until there was enough of them to DO something.

Racism is a crime in my book and it should be in others too.

We always try to stop these things when it is too late. We let nutters preach hatred and say that is their RIGHT to do so. It is not. Openly advocating killings of others should be treated as a crime.

Some muslim clerics are ONLY talking about killing all infidels. Should we let them talk or should we stop them?

Should we let neo-nazis preach about killings of colored people, or should we stop them?

Wrong saying "all arabs are pigs kill them all" does not make someone go out and kill them. The person hears the words and decides for themselves whether or not to act on them.

Further more where do you draw the line paperclip?
If you make racist thoughts, feeling etc illegal where do you draw the line?
What about ageism?
Or sexism?
Or classism?
What if I say all murderers are pigs and deserve to die?
People have a right to think feel believe whatever they want about any group of people.
The fact that you disagree with those thoughts is irrelevant.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
why dont some mods and super mods do anything about racist comments?
most just defend the poster

I'm sorry, but you are incorrect.

When mods see a hurtful comment, we take care of it faster then you can say "Fish on a stick."

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join