It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

R2-D2 Is With Us No More.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Sad news has just broken that actor Kenny Baker who played R2-D2 in The Star Wars films has passed away age 81.

Star Wars fans i am sure will be saddened by this news.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Despite the fame R2-D2 brought him, Baker told the BBC in 2001 that his own favourite screen role was as Fidgit in 1981's Time Bandits.

One of my favorite movies!! Sean Connery made a cameo in a couple of scenes, but I loved Fidgit and his pals.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

An actor played r2d2??

Really?

edit on 8 13 2016 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I've seen several interviews with Kenny Baker over the years and he seemed like a decent bloke.
I preferred him in Time Bandits , great film.

RiP Fidgit

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Bummer...

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
My dad could never get his name right. He insisted in calling him Arty Dooty.
Where ever you are now Daddy I guess he is too.

I just lost him two weeks ago.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
Sorry to hear that Silly.

My dad passed a year ago in six days, seems like yesterday.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
yeah to me time bandits is what i know him for,loved that film growing up and still love it today,its one of them films that stays with you, especially if you were born in the 70s,rip kenny baker.

hearing the news tonight made me look up what happened to randall (David Rappaport) it just reminded me of my youth and was actually sad to read he commited suicide in 1990,i always wondered what happened to him,so funny,legend to me and always will be

edit on 2013 by sparky31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Sadly in real life C-3PO and R2-D2 never got on.

Anthony Daniels (C-3PO) - "I never saw him. I mean, R2-D2 doesn't even speak. He might as well be a bucket." .

Daily Telegraph

Anyway rest in pieces R2 and rest in peace Kenny.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
All I can say is that sucks . . .

Goodbye R2-D2 . . . may you rest in heaven two minutes before the devil knows you're dead . . .

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Stars of film and TV have paid tribute to Kenny Baker today along with George Lucas and Mark Hamill .

Lucas said: "Kenny Baker was a real gentleman as well as an incredible trooper who always worked hard under difficult circumstances.

Writing on Twitter, Hamill said: "Goodbye #KennyBaker A lifelong loyal friend-I loved his optimism & determination He WAS the droid I was looking for!"

Actor Warwick Davis, who played characters in three Star Wars films, tweeted: "#RIP #KennyBaker. Sad to say goodbye to a small man with a huge heart & personality. He paved the way for short actors of a generation. x"
www.bbc.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

join