It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Random aviation photos

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
This is from the Berlin-Gatow luftwaffen museum which is a must for WWII or aviation buffs, East German Hind attack chopper

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SGThatred

Nice!!! I have yet to get o an air museum outside of the CONUS. Any other gems there?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The 9th Bomb Squadron just deployed their Block 16 aircraft to WESTPAC. One IFEd into Honolulu, going over to Hickam.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
This airfield that hosts the museum was an airfield used during the Berlin Airlift in the British zone of Berlin and actually met an older British couple that were stationed at this airfield, pretty awesome.

Looking for a great air museum then the two best in the US are Pima air museum in Arizona an hour or two outside of Tucson and the military plane bone yard is across the street and the commercial airliner boneyard in 30-40 minutes outside of the museum on the highway.

An A-10 warthog getting its wings changed at the Air Force bone yard an hour outside Tucson

The other great airplane museum is the Evergreen space and aviation museum which has the spruce goose inside and a B-17 Flying Fortress you can go inside and that's not including the space building which has a sr-71 blackbird and a titan II missile or a Apollo era rocket.

The spruce goose or the front at least

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Both are great. The evergreen one has an indoor waterpark right next to it and all the slides come out of a 747 that perched on the roof.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Flygvapenmuseum, The Swedish Air Force Museum. Lots of stuff you won't see anywhere else and the best museum food I have ever had. They have a display of a DC-3 that was shot down by the Soviets on a recon mission that is really incredible.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Japan 787-8, landing at DFW from Narita.

C-130s out of Dyess.

This 757 has been parked at Phoenix for over two months now.

Pinal Air Park. The two nose to nose are Varig. The 747 is Centurion Cargo.

One of two Vipers doing approaches at Tucson International.

C-17 departing Davis-Monthan while we were trying to get pics of the Heritage Flight guys.

This is a Homeland Security Cessna Citation that was doing touch and go practice at Davis Monthan.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Random truck stop find of the week.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

While not having the variety of military planes flying by that you get in the States and England i am under the flight path ( sorta) here in Adelaide South Australia . According to ATS-B that plane was about 2 Ks away at the time of shooting .
From wiki . A350-900 . Actually ADS-B says A359 .

The longest operated sector was Qatar Airways' Adelaide-Doha at 13.8 h for 6,120 nautical miles (11,330 km; 7,040 mi)

edit on 16-6-2017 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
So i heard and caught a couple of F18s flying over this morning and went over for a look at RAAF Edinburgh . No 18s but i took these anyway .Not the best but they were taken at 600mm in not the best light .

On the way home i spotted this , brings back memories of Woomera in the 80s .

I could have gotten a better shot but i would have been in the entry/gaurd gate . Pretty sure they now have a picture of me now though .

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Caught this Calfire OV-10 taxiing right after we landed in Porterville, CA

I did not get a pic cause we were busy but another Calfire S-2 Tracker took off and they also have an A-4 Skyhawk as a gate guard
edit on 7/25/17 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I've been seeing them a lot on the ADS-B website. I caught four F-15s playing low level follow the leader near Mountain Home today, and the firefighting DC-10 parked in Pocatello.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I don't even want to know what happened here.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

Is that at Henderson?

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

News at 11 here is the video..

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Oh yeah, that one. There was a crash at Henderson today, which is why I asked. A Strikemaster heading up to McChord for a JTAC exercise.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Wasn't due an engine spool up delay was it?

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Way too early to say. Pilot rode it in, because they had the seats deactivated, but he got out ok. Front end, forward of the wings burned and was completely destroyed.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

I've been seeing them a lot on the ADS-B website. I caught four F-15s playing low level follow the leader near Mountain Home today, and the firefighting DC-10 parked in Pocatello.

Thats so awesome!!!!

Yeah we were fixed wing but if we were rotor at night its pretty cool watching them (Calfire) with the night vision

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

The other half was laughing because of what I said when I saw the DC-10. It's not repeatable in public.

We were heading up I-86 when the first Eagle came along. I wasn't sure it was one at first, and she just goes "uhm..." and points at it. The first two made a couple of hard maneuvers around the mountains. The second two were too far to our side to see what they did.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join