It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Random aviation photos

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

I'm not sure if you still have the one over Syria or not. I know a few months ago there was one there supporting operations. They were quite vital and were stretching their ability to operate at the same time.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

March is actually AFRC. There are 9 C-17s there and 14 KC-135s along with some other units.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ug87

At one point in time, they had AETC on their C-17s. It always threw us for a loop to see that, instead of AMC on them.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Here's an F/A-18 that was training the other week when I was working. I tried to get a picture of it when it was flying low overhead but couldn't catch it. This F/A-18 had some kind of torpedo looking sensor with a plexi glass looking nose attached on the underside of it. He must have saw me taking pictures and he did a barrel roll which I thought was pretty damn cool.

They fly the F-35A's out of here too. They sent the F-35B's back because they complained about them being too loud.

You want in on this one or are you comfortable?

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: gpols

That's the IRST pod they developed for the Hornet.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Cool.

I'll keep my eyes peeled and try to snag some shots of the F-35's to add to the thread.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Got a nice surprise today. We ended up getting stuck in Abilene when the load we were picking up cancelled. While sitting at the truck stop talking to my other half, she suddenly says "There you go", and we hear a rather loud noise. We yanked open the curtains on the truck, and a B-1 was going by about 10 feet in front of the truck (yes, it was farther than that, but it was damn close). We got a few passes by a C-130J-30, and at least two different B-1s by lunch time.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

That B-1 is loud as hell.

did it rattle your teeth? lol

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Which time? They took off about every hour to hour and a half, then disappeared for awhile and came back and shot touch and goes going right over the parking lot heading into the base.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
When they came back is when it got really fun. They came in together, made an overhead, then made several touch and goes. It turns out that one of the two aircraft in these pictures is one that I know. It was with the Kansas Air National Guard when they had B-1s. I got to sit in the right seat during an engine run when they were out there.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Oh, my...

I've never actually seen the B1 in person, thanks Zaph!! Great pictures!

I'm reminded of watching B52's take off from Fairchild AFB, near Spokane, as a kid. Just before my Dad retired, and many times afterwards. And everyone of 'em carried a humongous firecracker...kind of sobering when I think about it now, but didn't matter a hoot to that excited little boy waving like a mad thing at 'em... Multiple take offs, everyday, every one of 'em carrying doomsday, or many of them did.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

We were supposed to be on our way to Salt Lake City, but they cancelled the load on us this morning. We figured we'd just sit here watching tv today, since it was Saturday, and they don't normally fly. The first one went by, and I about broke my neck diving out of the truck with my camera. Then they kept coming by all day. Good day.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Check for loose fillings.

I remember that bad boy buzzing the tower at Opa Locka.

It made a hell of a ruckus.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

I'm not sure if you still have the one over Syria or not. I know a few months ago there was one there supporting operations. They were quite vital and were stretching their ability to operate at the same time.

Cool B1 pics mate
Bit higher rez and they would be my new desktop !!! Reason we dont fly the Wedgies much is our defence budget isnt the biggest.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

If the wind hadn't shifted I would have had a great picture of NAOC to add to the collection.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Great Pics Zaph! I have seldom seen the bone in the air let alone 2 of them!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Turns out Dyess has gone to a TFI unit, so this was the reserve unit doing their duty weekend.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
More B-1 photos from Tye. I managed to almost hurt myself and break my camera on these. Pulled off a great acrobatic roll to protect the camera though. My other half had a great laugh after she found out I was ok.

Anyone notice the oddities on these two?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Such an elegant air frame. I really wish they would build the B-1R

Edit to add: I thought Dyess had a solid identifier stripe not a checkerboard did they change it?
edit on 2/7/17 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Different units. The black stripe with the bat, from the first round of pictures is the 9th Bomb Squadron. The checkerboard is the 28th Bomb Squadron.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join