It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Random aviation photos

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
We need a story thread for all whats in Zaphs memory banks..

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

There were a couple many years ago. If there's enough interest, I wouldn't mind sharing some again.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I'd certainly like to read some of them

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Blackfinger

There were a couple many years ago. If there's enough interest, I wouldn't mind sharing some again.

Do it! I love hearing stories from ATS members who have been in the thick of it. One of my biggest regrets in life was I never stayed focused on joint the RAF, I left college at 18 with the ambition. Well in the UK you can drink legally at 18 so I'll leave it for everyone to decide what happened after I turned 18. Here's a hint I spent most Thursday Friday Saturday and Sunday nights in mine and my friends favourite club.

Anyway Zaph, a little while ago you (I think it was you) posted a pic of possibly 2 F-18s and another aircraft outside of a hanger. The photo was blurry due to heat haze. If you can remember or remember what photo I'm on about, which thread was that in ?

I think the photo was taken at Palmdale not sure though
edit on 14-2-2018 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

That one was taken at Mojave, but I don't remember the thread. It might have been this one, but I'm thinking it was another.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Oh Mojave .. well that's embarrassing I can't even get the place right. I had a feeling it may of been this thread but like you I'm thinking it may be another. from what you remember was the aircraft ever identified.. I have a curious thought I my head that's making me want to look at the photo again, not that I have any expertise just curious that's all. Think I'll know what I'll be doing on my breaks at work tomorrow plenty of page jumping

Edit: think I found the thread but the photos won't show as you're too tight to pay photo bucket LOL just joking. Nevermind I was thinking from what I recall then unusual shape of the possible aircraft and after seeing a few artist illustrations of some other aircraft on other threads I was trying to compare.

edit on 14-2-2018 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Mojave isn't far from Palmdale, only about 20ish miles.

There were two that we tentatively identified as BAE-111s.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Lol, thanks zaph.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
If anyone follows Edwards AFB on twitter they usually do a on this day tweet with a pic so here's today's one.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

First time we saw one in real life, a group of us argued five minutes to try to decide how the gear retracts around the weapon/fuel pod. Even looking at the hardware it wasn't readily apparent.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

I've never had the chance to see one up close unfortunately but it's one sexy looking plane.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
There are a couple still out there on display. Go find the nearest one! The USAF Museum out at Wright-Patt is always a great choice.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

I'm in England not the States unfortunately I will see one one day though.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Nearest thing we have over here is the TSR 2’s at Duxford and Cosford...a reply to: Woody510

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silentvulcan
Nearest thing we have over here is the TSR 2’s at Duxford and Cosford...a reply to: Woody510

Oh yes she's a beauty isn't she!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Is that photo from the imperial war museum at Duxford ? If so, i gotta get myself down there one day

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: nelloh62

Yes it is mate. If you have imgur search my name on there it's the same as on here there's other pics

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   

I always thought it a great shame that the TSR-2 was scrapped. I believe it was due to be replaced by the F111K and then eventually was replaced by the Buccaneer, which I liked seeing at airshows but was never in the same league.

It came in anti-flash white, presumably because of its intended nuclear strike role.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

It was all down to money unfortunately I think the F111 idea was scrapped for the same reason as well.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Yes - and a lot of inter-service bickering.

I wonder- if it had not been scrapped, would it still be flying in some incarnation or other today?

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join