It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam Religion of Peace!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
War sucks doesn't it, how do you think those troops feel. So is your answer to put Saddam and the Taliban back into power and let Islam murder Israel?

Clever of you to try and put answers in my mouth, if you want me to associate Saddam and the Taliban with this topic, all you had to do was ask.

Neocons

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 20-1-2005 by syntaxer]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   

www.lexnotes.com...

One more thing....I am not a Neo-con. They are too liberal for me......

[edit on 20-1-2005 by DrHoracid]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   

"What does the Arabic word jihad mean?
jihad is "holy war." Or, more precisely: It means the legal, compulsory, communal effort to expand the territories ruled by Muslims at the expense of territories ruled by non-Muslims. "

www.danielpipes.org...

Daniel Pipes. He has quite a nice weblog. I enjoy reading it from time to time. If you haven't had a chance to browse his site I'd recommend starting with this article. Calling Islamism the Enemy (Since if flows with this topic) Some of the quotes he posted really surprised me.

"they (Islamists) hope to transform that anger into a force that will topple the region's governments and pave the way for a new empire, an oppressive, fundamentalist superstate stretching across a vast area from Europe to Africa, from the Middle East to Central Asia."

- John F. Kerry

Terrorism is simply a weapon used by certain groups, and not the problem itself. The war on Terror is no less than a war against radical Islam. What is radical Islam? It could be said that radical Islam is made up of those who interpret the Koran literally. In this form of religion, women have little if any rights. Non-Muslims are tolerated to a certain point, but also have restricted rights. Any attempt to publicly practice a religion other than Islam could result in imprisonment. Not closing your shop during prayer time can land you in jail, or result in a beating. I lived in Saudi Arabia for 4 months and have seen all of this first hand. It's not just something I read about in the news.

What the West wants is to eliminate this form of Islam and set up governments that practice a more watered-down version of Islam. A government where women citizens don't need to cover their heads, and you are free to pray or not to pray as you wish. Muslims shouldn't take this personally. Western governments have succeeded in watering down Christianity to the point where it has almost no place in Europe and it's influence in the U.S. is declining.

[edit on 20-1-2005 by dbates]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   

One more thing....I am not a Neo-con. They are too liberal for me......

Yes alliances, aren't they a B*tch!

I have to agree (surprisingly) with a particular belief you have DrHo. There is a religious war taking place (actually since the dark ages) that involve an alliance of religions.

USA/Britian/Israel = Christianity/Jew

VS.

France/Vatican/Palestine = Catholics/Muslims

Proof exists in your picture of "Jacques Iraq" and his old buddy Saddam. The undeniable relationship between US, UK and Israel. Further proof was the Pope sending out condolences towards Yasser Arafats death with France doing all it can to save his life most recently.

I could care less about religions. strip them away and you're left with nothing more than men performing acts of pure evil. Would you be willing to admit to that?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Mankind by itself has little redeeming value whatsoever. So yes, take out religion and all you have is the "evil man does to man.........".

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Mankind by itself has little redeeming value whatsoever. So yes, take out religion and all you have is the "evil man does to man.........".

So if we add religion back into the equation. The results would be your own faith becoming pure and all remaining men of other religions are evil abominations that deserve to be destroyed?

Correct?

So evil man will continue on Earth, except for the one? And you are so sure that the prevailing good is Messianic Judaism? Established 1866?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Ah, look how cute he is with his little junior suicide bomb pack. Look, they even made him a special Hamas headband. Cute!

Islam as well as most other religions are filled with contradictions. However, I do want to say this. Islam was established on the peaceful treatment of human beings. It was also based on a Sadomasochism relationship with humans and a 'creator'.

Three step method to justify any action under the banner of Islam:
The word Muslim means 'slave'. The purpose of a muslims life is to be a slave to 'Allah'. Therefore, whatever Allah says muslims must do.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
All religions use Terror to control its followers. Religions are the root of more hate, pain, and death than any other cause in the history of man.

But non believers are going to some awfull place of misery oftern refered to as Hell. Explain that one to me...

I was brought up Catholic. When I was old enough to actually THINK I dumped religion. No longer did I need it as a crutch to compensate for my fears.

Now, I am not a criminal, drug addict or anything simlular. I open doors for people, I help old ladies cross the street and dont cuss. I am polite and generally very pleasant. I have never murdered anybody, I dont cheat on my wife or beat my child. I would consider myself a model citizen in anybodies eyes. But to religious whacko's, I am a heathen who will burn in hell for enternity becuase I dont share the same beliefs as they do.

There are as many criminals and murderers who believe in a god than there are who dont. But me, an overall law abiding nice guy, will burn in hell because I dont need a god to feel content in life.

You guys please explain to me this.

There are no religions of peace.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
Islam is a false reigon created by the devils servant muhammed to oppose christianity.
Once you understand that the rest falls into place.

All religions are false, most people are just too ignorant to see how ignorant they really are.
Im not saying there is no God, but religion is opium for the people...

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer

So if we add religion back into the equation. The results would be your own faith becoming pure and all remaining men of other religions are evil abominations that deserve to be destroyed?

Correct?

So evil man will continue on Earth, except for the one? And you are so sure that the prevailing good is Messianic Judaism? Established 1866?

Actually, many of the original appostles were Messianic Jews. That is a little before 1866. Evil will be purged from this planet. There will be 144,000 plus those whom Christ purified with his own blood. Those that keep the 10 commandments and believe in Christ. No human knows the number of those to be given eternal life, there will be many that repent during the tribulation. Perhaps even you my friend. God bless you.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Jihad
Qur'an 2:190-195
190. Fight in the cause of Allah, those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for Allah loveth not transgressors.

191. And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith.

192. But if they cease, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

193. And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah; but if they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression.

194. The prohibited month for the prohibited month, and so for all things prohibited, there is the law of equality. If then anyone transgresses the prohibition against you, transgress ye likewise against him. But fear Allah, and know that Allah is with those who restrain themselves.

195. And spend of your substance in the cause of Allah, and make not your own hands contribute to your destruction, but do good; for Allah loveth those who do good.

www.greatbooks.org...

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Doc: I have to disagree with the "little redeeming value" comment. Let's all quote John 3:16 together: "For God so loved the world that he sent his only Son...." Sounds like He thinks quite a lot of us; I can't think of anyone for whom I'd sacrifice one of my children.

Syntaxer: See the above quote about how God so loved the world. Yep, that's right -- everyone who has ever lived or will ever live. He sees murder as the "evil abomination." Also, Jesus taught us to love our enemies, not destroy them.

Christianity is a religion of love and forgiveness, not hatred and oppression. I wouldn't dream of blaming all Muslims for the acts of a few extremists; please don't use that particular brush on us Christians.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Witout God man has no redeming value. Without Christ man is doomed. That is my point. And yes, Jesus taught Love and his is also the one coming back to cleanse the earth of evil and a whole bunch of mankind......

Point of order her. What did Christ tell the appostles to do when he sent the out the spread the "gospel". He said do not go among the Gentiles. Go to the childern of Israel. It is in Mathew look it up.

Why did he say this????????

That is a good question for all you so called "Christians"

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by sandge
Christianity is a religion of love and forgiveness, not hatred and oppression. I wouldn't dream of blaming all Muslims for the acts of a few extremists; please don't use that particular brush on us Christians.

love and forgivness?
just a few history points:
-crusades
-european inquisition (burn the heretics!)
-american inquisition of the indians nation (more of a genocide)
...all in the name of christianity, in the name of the father, the son and the holy ghost. i do not find those history points loving and forgiving. there were only two options: take our religion, or die. now that is not very forgiving, nor loving to me. i wonder how people looked in that times at christianity. probably with great fear and obedience.
and that is very easy to do. just use religion for your political goals.
i belive that all religions are good in essence; their holy books have great knowledge and wisdom in them.
but as always every text can be interpreted in diffrent way.
and used in diffrent ways.
you can use them to spread peace and love,
or to spread war and terror.

Religion being a matter of the will, it cannot be forced on anyone; in this matter it is better to employ words than blows [verbis melius quam verberibus res agenda est]. Of what use is cruelty? What has the rack to do with piety? Surely there is no connection between truth and violence, between justice and cruelty . . . . It is true that nothing is so important as religion, and one must defend it at any cost [summâ vi] . . . It is true that it must be protected, but by dying for it, not by killing others; by long-suffering, not by violence; by faith, not by crime. If you attempt to defend religion with bloodshed and torture, what you do is not defense, but desecration and insult. For nothing is so intrinsically a matter of free will as religion.
(Divine Institutes V:20)

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:06 AM
link   
it saddens me to see so many fools still embracing the crap put into them by their parents and teachers (either side), i do however aplaude everyone that can see beyond religion,colour and nationality. Peace with you

Horazio you are one sick puppy, Sam, someone should slap some sense into you, before you make a complete idiot of yourself. Oh, to late for that.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   

USA/Britian/Israel = Christianity/Jew
VS.
France/Vatican/Palestine = Catholics/Muslims

Further proof was the Pope sending out condolences towards Yasser Arafats death with France doing all it can to save his life most recently.

HEY!! I'm Catholic. Don't EVER put me in line with France!
Them's fight'n words!!

Ref the pope - Like most Catholics, I have been ignorning the
politics coming out of the Vatican for ... for ... well, for as long as
I have been on this planet. The Vatican is euro-centric and
anti-America. The political garbage that comes out of the Vatican
are things that aren't binding on a Catholic ... in other words,
they are just the opinions of men in the church and they aren't
dogmatic or theological in any way.

If Rome proclaims dogmatically the theological truth that
Christ is Divine (which they have) ... that's binding.

If Rome proclaims that the war in Iraq is wrong .... that's just
Euro-centric drivel that has no meaning.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by sandge
Jesus taught us to love our enemies, not destroy them.

Christianity is a religion of love and forgiveness, not hatred and oppression.

Where in the bible does it say that Jesus said not to defend yourself?

Christianity may be the religion of love and forgiveness, but I don't
recall anywhere in the New Testament, Christ telling us to
be a door mat and to roll over and die when waves of madmen with
suicide bomb belts come blasting through where we live and where
our children go to school.

Love them, yes. Do good to those who hate us, yes.
BUT we are definately allowed to defend ourselves and
our children. Not to do so would be irresponsible of us.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   
And US "chistianity" is waaayyy more peaceful.

Yeah, uhuh... sure!

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Christianity may be the religion of love and forgiveness, but I don't
recall anywhere in the New Testament, Christ telling us to
be a door mat and to roll over and die when waves of madmen with
suicide bomb belts come blasting through where we live and where
our children go to school.

Love them, yes. Do good to those who hate us, yes.
BUT we are definately allowed to defend ourselves and
our children. Not to do so would be irresponsible of us.

Does defense including offensive tactics like country-wide invasions?

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Where in the bible does it say that Jesus said not to defend yourself?

Did Jesus not teach to turn the other cheek? That sounds pretty pacificst to me. Personally i favor an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth but then again I'm not christian nor do i pretend to be.

"You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.' But I say to you, Do not resist one who is evil. But if any one strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also; and if any one would sue you and take your coat, let him have your cloak as well; and if any one forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to him who begs from you, and do not refuse him who would borrow from you. You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust."

Matthew 5:38:45

[edit on 22-1-2005 by Trent]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join