It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump in PA, no media filter...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: Aazadan

Maybe he got the money from someplace else.
He did endorse Hillary Clinton.
And he encouraged his supporters to vote for her, in spite of the fact that she represents everything that he was standing against.

It's possible, but his released finances did suggest he would be able to buy a $300k house, especially if he sells his old place.

Maybe he was just looking for a home to retire to?

As far as endorsing Hillary goes, a major part of Bernie's platform was that he was the leftists #NeverTrump. That unfortunately paints him into the corner of supporting Hillary. Like her or not (I don't think many do like her), he was able to extract several concessions in the DNC platform and her platform in exchange for that endorsement which is actually a pretty good result for those who care about policy more than people.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

a reply to: CrapAsUsual

I agree with all of your observations.

Trump consistently fills arenas and stadiums.
The people who are actually listening to the man know that his goal is to help America and Americans.

Yeah, but which Americans? He certainly isn't trying to help me, my family, my friends, or my community.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: JAY1980
Even if these things were found to be true they pale in comparison to the corruption of the other candidates.
I hear Bernie Sanders just bought a new $300,0000 home(his 3rd or 4th) after the campaign.

Politicians aren't allowed to pocket donations once their campaign is over. They can repay loans, but Bernie didn't loan his campaign any money. All of the money has to be spent on other politicians or their party.

Ya right, don't forget you're talking about the Dems, who knows what deal they gave him for his support.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

The people who are actually listening to the man know that his goal is to help America and Americans.

Yeah, but which Americans? He certainly isn't trying to help me, my family, my friends, or my community.

Who's helping you now and how are they helping?

Aren't you an American? Or one of the hyphenated-americans?

So what problems do YOUR community suffer from that the rest of Americans don't?

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Ya right, don't forget you're talking about the Dems, who knows what deal they gave him for his support.

They gave him a major say on the party platform. His ideas were written into what the Democrats are running on for at least the next 4 years. That's because, while Hillary won Bernie put up a good fight and showed what he can do, and because many Democrats wanted him. You can contrast this with Trump who wasn't allowed near the RNC's platform discussion even though he's the head of their party now.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I'm white, and not even a Muslim and he's not willing to help me either. Instead he wants to make it harder on me. He wants to take away the funding I use to go to school, and pay my living expenses while doing so. He wants to tax me more. And he wants to take the time I use improving myself and studying to actually do something useful, by forcing me into a dead end minimum wage job just so that I'll be working.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   

The majority of American working-class voters feel exactly the way you do, CrapAsUsual. In this Presidential election, the Mainstream Media are totally wrong. The more they've bashed Donald Trump, the better he's done, for the past 8 months or so. MSM and the Democrats are so brain-scrambled by this effect that they've FORGOTTEN how to uplift Hillary directly. They're like someone who gets off a spinning amusement park ride and can't walk straight, LOL.

That being said, my personal wish is that Donald Trump would start focusing on the pile of garbage items that are welling up all around Hillary Clinton, and also what projects he will undertake, starting on Day #1, as President. He should dispense with the hype, insults and sarcasm. There's more than enough REAL/KNOWN Hillary dirt and scandals for him to focus on!

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Agreed. There's a lot of people who don't think he's trying to help them. Women in general don't think of Trump as someone who will help them (21% positive views, 70% negative. Old article but recent data shows this hasn't moved much). He looks like a sexist jerk to a lot of my friends.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Agreed. There's a lot of people who don't think he's trying to help them. He looks like a sexist jerk to a lot of my friends.

How do your friends view Hillary and her personality?

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Wow, the right wing Kool Aid is intoxicating to those that drink it.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So you hate him because he puts his foot in his mouth and says the wrong things.

My opinion on it is, when you don't use a teleprompter it's bound to happen.

For decades we've voted for people who said all the right things and did the opposite.

Hillary will read her written speeches (which she doesn't even write), not mess up, maintain political correctness. Then she will go do the opposite of her speeches, or her entire speech was a short circuit lie.

I'm done with lawyers and politicians, she happens to be both.

I'd rather have the man who speaks from his heart and overlook the mistakes.

It just proves he is not a career politician which is the real change this country is looking for.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
]originally posted by: Byrd

Question: If his goal is to help America and Americans, why has he been involved in 3,500 (or so) lawsuits- most against him for defrauding and misrepresentation and nonpayment?

How does his actions against Americans in the past show that he wants to help America today?

How does his use of his own properties (that he then charges the RNC for) and his use of fake ad agencies show how he helps America and Americans?

Serious question. When I see the content of the lawsuits, I think he comes off as a selfish and self-centered person who doesn't care for anyone beyond himself (except in terms of what they do for him.) Yet it's obvious people shrug it off and I'm wondering why.

Financially speaking only, If Trumps wealth and assets are mainly in America and America is being run into the ground, it would make sense he would want to attempt to turn America around which is beneficial to all and for all he has also worked for.

Security for your country could be seen in the same light.

I guarantee all the super rich have been involved in piles of lawsuits against them.

Even big grocery stores would.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth
a reply to: theantediluvian

For decades we've voted for people who said all the right things and did the opposite.

I think you had a few great lines on your post but I´ll highlight this one because I think its exactly what is going on now.

edit on 14-8-2016 by CrapAsUsual because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

lol that is idiotic to believe...abraham lincoln was a third party candidate did those that voted for him waste their vote???

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CaDreamer

I thought he was a rep

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaDreamer

lol that is idiotic to believe...abraham lincoln was a third party candidate did those that voted for him waste their vote???

Wow. Relevance? Unless you mean he was president during a civil war? Are we on the verge of another civil war?

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaDreamer

Abraham Lincoln Was Not a Third Party Candidate

I keep seeing a really stupid meme showing Abraham Lincoln’s face with the words, “In 1860 I was third party. Was your vote wasted?” Obviously, this is meant to encourage people to vote for fringe candidates Jill Stein or Gary Johnson. It’s also the kind of derp that comes from people not being taught history.

The Whig party imploded in 1854 over the issue of slavery. Pro-slavery Whigs mostly joined the Democrats. Anti-slavery Whigs and some other factions met later that year to form the beginning of the Republican Party.

In the 1856 elections the Republicans won 90 out of 237 seats in the U.S. House, and they held 15 seats in the Senate, so the Republican Party very quickly took the place of the defunct Whigs to become one of the two major parties. It was never really a “third” party. www.mahablog.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   

To summarize;

"Trump talks well but I have no idea what he's really going to do

However I'm impressed by catchphrases and buzzwords and drawn in by large repetitive noises so I like him.

I'd like to hear more details on his ideas, unfortunately Trump hasn't thought past the title so I'll just take his word for it."

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

Because you couldn´t pass that twisted interpretation of the OP I´ll just tell you:

Sure, that´s it. When you wake up the nightmare will continue.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

I think it's funny people think it's the media who are making Trump look like a jackass and not Trump himself who makes himself look like a jackass.

Deny ignorance, for the love of God!!

And you quote "Deny Ignorance". So Hillary Clinton doesn't look and sound like a phony, lying, corrupt criminal?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join