It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heartfelt Images of people Celebrating after Liberation of Manbij from ISIS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Manbij liberated

Women celebrate after the SDF cleared the last remaining IS fighters from Manbij. Backed by US airstrikes, the SDF launched the assault on Manbij and the surrounding countryside in May. After weeks of urban fighting SDF said the city had been "cleansed of the gangs" on Friday.

This woman decided to burn her niqab to mark the end of IS rule

A women smokes a cigarette in a sign of defiance. Smoking was prohibited under the strict rules of "Islamic State" (IS).

A man cuts the beard of another man. IS implemented strict rules, including a requirement that men grow out their beards.

A female SDF fighter hugs a women after the city was liberated. Many of the Syrian Kurdish fighters are women. The SDF accused IS of using civilians as human shields.

A female SDF fighter carries a baby after evacuating civilians from the last neighborhood controlled by IS.

i won't lie, the Video in particular brought a tear to my eye. Especially when that old man was crying and that female fighter was trying to console him.
I wish this war would stop right now. So many people suffering because of the greed of a few men.
edit on 13-8-2016 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2016 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This is fantastic.

Brave people.

Brave fighters.

Brilliant all round.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

Great news and yes very touching.
I hope we all beat the crap out of ISIS and free more repressed people.
I just hope they get a free democracy in the long run.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Very touching.

ISIS from ruining lives like this. I'm curious how many where killed being used as meat-shields. Or how many died as collateral damage. RIP for the fallen. Stay liberated, Manbij.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

I hope they get a benevolent westernized dictatorship personally. democracy in the middle east always turns out terrible because the common mindset is indoctrinated with some pretty radical views from a early age.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

It would be a wonderful thing if the ladies felt free enough to burn those god awful black sacks they endure wearing as well!

Hooray for them! I thought I heard a great whispering sigh of relief off in the distance...

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

I hope they get a benevolent westernized dictatorship personally. democracy in the middle east always turns out terrible because the common mindset is indoctrinated with some pretty radical views from a early age.

It will be a mess until they realize following a theocratic feudalistic warlord example from 1400 years ago might not be the wisest idea. All the tries with stealth reformation without calling it a reformation will fail since they will not battle the ideas in the Quran that pushes towards us vs them dogma (duality separation dogma).

Manifestations like Isis will continue to spawn from those ideas. Zionism vs Islamism vs Paul:s Christian dogmas.

top topics

join