It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Olympic team full on tDCS doping?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
This article describes the Playlist Michael Phelps listens to on his Beats by Dre Headphones

wkis.cbslocal.com...

This article describes the spanking he recieved for failing to cover the logo on said headphones

www.businessinsider.com...
edit on 8 13 2016 by Tuomptonite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Tuomptonite

No, not that. The HALO headphones have inbuilt tDCA electrodes.

www.cnet.com...

On the OP you have links to the tech.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Tuomptonite

Actually I was assuming phelps was using the HALO headphones but I was giving him as the example of the athlete to whom this wouldn´t probably make a difference.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CrapAsUsual

Just as almost all armies used drugs to improve soldiers performance

Motrin and water are not performance enhancing drugs.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Phelps evil secret is cupping..that cheater!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Amphets are though. Mentally speaking

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Never took them. Didn't know anyone who did and stayed in the army long.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Im building one of these badboys DIY for the win.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I can see it. I have read though that the Air Force has been known to give them basically in Adderall form to pilots for long overnight missions. Calling them ' go pills.' Dont know if this is true - simply read it online. Wikipedia even.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Here's the thing - Remember Sydney? Every athlete in the swimming pool was using those shark skin swimming suits, and now they are banned. Were those athletes in Sydney cheating? And was a sharkskin suit "doping"?

No.

It was just that they were using new technology that the rules had not caught up to yet.

It could be that this system is similar and you will see the athletics commissions catch and issue rules against its use.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I don´t know if the us army does that out of war time but in war situations Im sure they deliver drugs with the porpose of sharpening the soldier sense and keep them awake for longer, its pretty normal I wasn´t criticising that, besides that my OP was a question...

I still think tDCA is a form of doping, a mild one for now but in the future we may very well have implanted electrodes and much more sophisticated electronics. When that happens, no one will have doubts if its doping or not. Today we´re just beginning to see the technology being tested.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

tDCS effects are short lived and could not possibly be any better than a deep tissue massage prior to an event.

I was never given drugs in combat....But it would have been nice to have.

Did load up on red bull though.

Wanna make a deployed soldier happy? Send cases of red bull that will enhance performance for sure.
edit on 13 8 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto
What if its just a concentration booster? nothing wrong with that.

Countries with a lot of money can pay for the technical edge and better training. In games that come down to milleseconds theirs something "wrong with that".

I mean what's the point of watching a sporting event when you already know who is going to win? ... or more importantly, when they win every time? It's like watching paint dry.

Oh Phelps won another gold by .0003 seconds and right behind him was they other guy from the US? .... how exciting... call me when the dirt farmer from Malawi starts winning and I'll start to be interested.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Most of the athletes are simply listening to music. If however as you say, they are using performance enhancing tech . . . then it is definately something to look into in the future. As of now it is not regulated so . . . what does it matter? It is not an unfair advantage if all participants are allowed to use it.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I've been wondering if one of those could help me learn an elaborate software.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

i would also like to see a borg or juice olympics..... just to see what our limits are.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes, when we think of doping we think of chemicals that alter the body and or the mind, This supposedly alters the mind which is at the same level as chemical doping. The shark scales shorts were also performance enhancers like a good pair of shoes for a runner but I guess they were banned because they made the swimmers look like scuba divers and that looks bad on TV.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

In that case there is something much better www.guronsan.pt... this is much better than redbull Its basically a hge dose of caffeine.

As to drugs in armies check out this article:

www.pravdareport.com...

It was what I found on google but will give you an idea.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

The Australian SF teams(FE A and B groups) were professionally administered steroids.

I'm sure there are other military organizations that do so but I suspect they are reserved for elite troops since I've never seen it in the regular army and I've been out a whopping 7 months.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

The first time I knew about tDCS it was on a TV documentary. They showed how the US military was using this to train people to identify weapons on satellite images. without the technique tey took several hours to spot things, with the technique they took minutes to learn. So it works and the knowledge stays.

People are using it to study, and even to allegedly cure tinnitus.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join