It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home Grown Terrorist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 05:47 AM
link   
"UPDATED: 6:25 p.m., Jan. 19] Vandals from an eco-terror group that calls itself the Earth Liberation Front have claimed responsibility for two attempted arsons at construction sites in Lincoln and Auburn in recent weeks.
The claim, made in a two-page, single-spaced letter received by The Bee and three other area newspapers, described the devices left at the sites in some detail and purportedly explains why the devices did not detonate."

www.sacbee.com...

ELF is an extremely radical and dangerous group of misguided "children" that must be stopped.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Again here is a story about insane leftist. Committing complete acts of terror and no one cares?

Terrorisim isn't limited to muslim's. But since its done by rich liberals its OK?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Again here is a story about insane leftist. Committing complete acts of terror and no one cares?

Terrorisim isn't limited to muslim's. But since its done by rich liberals its OK?

Why are you so condesending towards liberals?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
ELF (or is it EarthFirst! ?) are the ones the would spike trees in logging zones no? So that when a lumberjack comes up to it with a saw, the nail breaks the spinnig chain and can kill the woodsman? I recall that at least one guy had this happen where his throat was slashed, but he did survive. They certainly are terrorists, adding 'eco' and a hyphen doesn't make them less so. But of course there acts of terror are much smaller. I suppose everyone would rather just wait until the kill a bunch of people or something.

BTW, Drhoracid, I take it you are a fan of Chrichton's "State of Fear"? THe antagonists are global eco-terrorists supported by limp-wristed bleeding heart liberals in the media and academia. You can read passages from it while jumping on ann coutler. Bwa!

Krazyjethro, please don't ask any honest and upfront questions here. Instead of 'why are you so condescending torwards liberals' you should've stated 'you fascists are so pig ignorant, earthrapers!' or some such. We certainly can't permit calm, rational discussion here. Shame on you for trying to be reasonable and open.

[edit on 20-1-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Yes, ELF has been spiking trees, burning homes, buring ski lodges, burning suv's, etc for many years now. But the "media" gives them a pass. Why?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Yes, ELF has been spiking trees, burning homes, buring ski lodges, burning suv's, etc for many years now. But the "media" gives them a pass. Why?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro

Early in my research days I was very liberal. I was into energy conservation, save the planet, the whole thing. Hair down to may a$$, full beard, drove a VAN.

I traveled the world giving speeches about global warming etc.

As time went on I "grew-up" began to realize that the "movement" was about power not about saving anything. The research I did showed man had little effect on global warming, but that research was "edited" out of many reports.

The "agenda" was more important than the truth. Liberals tend to stay in their own little "group" telling each other the same old lies and "ignoring" the real facts.

Hows that............It sort of fits this thread............

ELF is dangerous but because it fit the "agenda" its OK...........

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
ALF (Animal Liberation Front) is a group thats equaly worse. I've brought up their name on several occasions in threads about western terorism before.

ALF has burnt down a douzen fastfood restaurants in belgium, double that in the US and lord knows what else they have done in other country's.

Noone has gotten physicaly hurt because of their actions yet, but it'll only be a matter of time before they burn down a fastfood restaurant or other building full of people.

Good to see we finaly agree on something DrH

[edit on 20-1-2005 by thematrix]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
ALF (Animal Liberation Front) is a group thats equaly worse. I've brought up their name on several occasions in threads about western terorism before.

ALF has burnt down a douzen fastfood restaurants in belgium, double that in the US and lord knows what else they have done in other country's.

Noone has gotten physicaly hurt because of their actions yet, but it'll only be a matter of time before they burn down a fastfood restaurant or other building full of people.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll do some "probing". Radicalism is dangerous everywhere. (wow did I say that outloud?)

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Early in my research days I was very liberal. I was into energy conservation, save the planet, the whole thing. Hair down to may a$$, full beard, drove a VAN.

I traveled the world giving speeches about global warming etc.

As time went on I "grew-up" began to realize that the "movement" was about power not about saving anything. The research I did showed man had little effect on global warming, but that research was "edited" out of many reports.

The "agenda" was more important than the truth. Liberals tend to stay in their own little "group" telling each other the same old lies and "ignoring" the real facts.

Hows that............It sort of fits this thread............

ELF is dangerous but because it fit the "agenda" its OK...........

ok, but because the establishment of liberalism is corrupt, does that necessitate that it's member's share it's faults in equal proportion?

I say no. Personally I am Libertarian and know that man's institutions are not to be trusted, to include the government, the church, etc.

But does the vitriol rise you above them in some way? Nay, I say that it lowers you to a place of ignorance that may or may not be the truth of you.

I understand being betrayed by a cause, as I have been with Pro-Life, the Republican Party, the Catholic Church, the US federal government, to name a few.

The only answer that will get through to those "misguided" by societal lies is compassion and understanding.

Condemnation only turns hearts and minds against you. It certainly is the tone with which you say things that counts as much as the content.

Surprisingly, I am on your side of the fence on 90% of the issues, but you leave a bad taste in my mouth. I have seen the hate from the left and I slam them for what they do as well.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
If one takes and defends a strong position on a subject it is always seen as "hate". I don't hate liberals, or muslims or anyone, but I will point out their "stupidity" and evil.

Radical Envro's are both stupid and evil. ELF is a prime example.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   

If one takes and defends a strong position on a subject it is always seen as "hate". I don't hate liberals, or muslims or anyone, but I will point out their "stupidity" and evil.

Radical Envro's are both stupid and evil. ELF is a prime example.

I take and defend a strong position and am seen as quite a asset to both sides by the reason and understanding I have for anyone that is honest.

If you are a student of Emerson (although you strike me as more of a Thoreau sort of guy) then you are entitled to defend you position. I wouldn't deny you that.

I only speak to the tone and the demonizing of them as a group, although nuance is a word you might look into a bit more in depth.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Radical Envro's are both stupid and evil.

They aren't evil...misguided maybe, but they believe what they are doing is helping the world, and even if that belief is retarded, they aren't evil

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
First of all I am lucky to live in a small city where i frequently can smoke bowls and kick back a few pints of microbrew, and in turn do this and meet members of the ELF. I Know 100% that there goal is not what people think it is. They are simply trying to preserve nature. Also when car dealerships get burned to the ground such as what happend in Eugene, Oregon (Lovely "Green" city), its to make a point against "Big Buisness" Allthough it hurts the little guys sometimes, they do get re-embursted by the Insurance co. We need more of these groups, because when people try and protest en'masse this is what seems to result lately portland.indymedia.org... . And also if you click here my friends you will have links to videos documenting events in my cascadia bioregion .

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColonelForbin

Radical Envro's are both stupid and evil.

They aren't evil...misguided maybe, but they believe what they are doing is helping the world, and even if that belief is retarded, they aren't evil

The destruction of say 30 SUV's is both stupid and evil

The energy used to create those SUV's is many times greater that the energy they will consume over their useful life.

The polution and toxic gases given off by "burning" them is extermely dangerous and thus "evil".

The same can be said for the homes they burned.

[edit on 20-1-2005 by DrHoracid]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucidvisions
First of all I am lucky to live in a small city where i frequently can smoke bowls and kick back a few pints of microbrew, and in turn do this and meet members of the ELF. I Know 100% that there goal is not what people think it is. They are simply trying to preserve nature. Also when car dealerships get burned to the ground such as what happend in Eugene, Oregon (Lovely "Green" city), its to make a point against "Big Buisness" Allthough it hurts the little guys sometimes, they do get re-embursted by the Insurance co. We need more of these groups, because when people try and protest en'masse this is what seems to result lately portland.indymedia.org... . And also if you click here my friends you will have links to videos documenting events in my cascadia bioregion .

Ok so they are just Stoned and stupid............Its really all about impressing some chick....................I'm sure she really hot, stoned and stupid too.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
"Non-violent protests with guns?

The tactics of the United States’ most dangerous domestic terrorists may take an even more violent turn in the near future, if their own rhetoric can be believed. This week the Earth Liberation Front (ELF), which the FBI puts at the top of its “domestic terror group” list, claimed that it “will no longer hesitate to pick up the gun” to provide “protection for our planet.”

Anarchist Internet mailing lists and chat rooms are abuzz with this news, which has some activists cheering. “If the authorities are going to hand out 22 year sentences for the burning of a truck,” asks one ELF enthusiast, “why not respond in kind?”

Saying that “global revolutionaries” must no longer adhere to “a flawed, inconsistent, ‘non-violent’ ideology,” the ELF took credit for setting a $700,000 fire at a U.S. Forest Service installation near Erie, Pennsylvania. Firebombs are nothing new for this criminal organization, but this marks the first time its members have openly called for the use of deadly force. One Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms agent told the Associated Press that responding “firefighters’…lives [were] in danger” as well. ELF has also vowed that it will target the facility again if it is rebuilt.

Just last week, Forest Service Officials warned loggers in Montana that many of the out-of-state environmental activists operating there are trained in arson, vandalism, and bomb-making. Many, said the agency’s Bill Fox, are “people who have direct ties to the Earth Liberation Front…. These people play hardball.”

ELF’s sister group, the Animal Liberation Front (ALF), has spawned several special-interest subgroups. These include the anti-human-health “SHAC” organization, run in the U.S. by former ALF “spokesperson” Kevin Kjonaas; and a British anti-hunting group called the Urban Alliance.

In recent weeks, SHAC has resumed its campaign of intimidation against Huntingdon Life Sciences’ bankers and stock traders, distributing the names, addresses, phone numbers, social security numbers, and physical characteristics of employees targeted for harassment. “There are some very sick people in this world,” notes one stock trader who receives literally hundreds of vulgar and harassing phone calls every day."

www.consumerfreedom.com...

Why aren't these "terrorist" in the headlines more often. Because the liberal media likes what they do, and sympathize with this insanity.

more links about this group...........

www.factnet.org...

[edit on 20-1-2005 by DrHoracid]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   

ELF is an extremely radical and dangerous group of misguided "children" that must be stopped.

Then go out and stop them. What are you waiting for, go be a hero.
Typical, anything thats not righteous is evil.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Then go out and stop them. What are you waiting for, go be a hero.
Typical, anything thats not righteous is evil.

Already been a hero once, didn't like it very much.............

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Ok so they are just Stoned and stupid............Its really all about impressing some chick....................I'm sure she really hot, stoned and stupid too.

And you're a Dr/ex-hippie? Doesn't sound like it to me. Anybody who has any experience as either would know that most stoned people are either too lazy or too apprehensive to go out and commit terrorist acts. Stoned and stupid, indeed. Watched Reefer Madness lately? I'll bet you believe it. All those crazy hippies all "hopped up" on the pot, very frightening!
As far as eco-terrorism goes, I agree it's wrong, but they are not trying to kill as many innocent people as they can, so it's not the same as the terrorism you're trying to equate it to. But again, they are wrong in their actions and are not helping their cause any. But evil? Come on, you're using the word with impunity, I've noticed you have called just about everybody who doesn't believe as you do evil. It no longer holds meaning when you use the word. I'd say misguided, or even ignorant, but not evil.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join