It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Media Patterns Show Trump Is Looking at a Landslide Victory

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Do you remember when Gore lost even though the exit poles ALL showed he was winning?
I guess if you know the right people, polls don't foretell much. At least Trump doesn't have a brother who is the governor of Florida. And the hanging chads. Barf.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Agree with you on this totally - interested on what trump says but not interested on what Clinton says.

As a UK person looking in on the US elections (okay I can't vote but the outcome will affect me), why do I need to follow Clinton when I expect more the same from the Democrats -and that may not be a bad thing. Trump is different to the normal US electorate (please read into this how you define different - although most from both sides would agree with this statement in its general sense) and so more people from abroad will be interested in Trump.

Whether that translates in more American people voting for him - is a separate issue

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The fact that the media is spinning this so hard, should tell you everything you need to know.

It's like Romney said during the primaries he didn't know how he was winning when 300 people would show up to his events and 12,000 would show up to Ron Pauls events, then he won in that state.

Rigged

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Granted. Now if anybody can explain the differences in the rallies that's be great.

MrSpad nailed it in another thread - large rallies are mainly entertainment for existing supporters. The small meetings are the candidate going to swing areas where they aren't necessarily winning and engaging people in a one-on-one effort to recruit new voters.

The big events don't bring in new voters; they bring in the existing base. It's the critical little meetings that win people over.

Also, the little meetings are where the big policy issues are being talked about AND where they're hearing what the average person there has to say (what they think is important.) At the big meetings, nobody talks to the politician - the politician does the monologue.

Except Trump is going to swing states where he is not necessarily winning. His massive crowds over the last couple of days have been in Florida and Pennsylvania.

It's more likely that very few are really interested in anything Hillary has got to say. The election is all about Trump and is in fact a referendum on him and his positions, with Hillary being the default winner if that referendum vote comes back as a 'no'.

Trump blasts where he is going getting his supporters to come out. Clinton shows up at Churches, factory, town meeting etc with as little publicity as she can before. She does not want her supporters showing up, she wants people who are not sure what they are doing. It is at tactic most candidate use. A big rally now and then for press coverage but, the real work is done in those counties on that are not already in for one side or the other. All this is set up by your ground teams working with local party groups and normally backed up popular or elder party members in key areas.

Trump barely has a ground game set up. They should be their setting up small rallies, get local press coverage, getting people registered to vote, arranging transportation on election day for those who need it, etc. Trump has not bothered, just as he has not bothered with campaign ads. He seems to spend most of his money on hotels and traveling to places that have to bearing on the campaign.

Getting together a big crowd of your supporters is fine as long as you are out working on the undecideds and people on the edge. When you look at Clinton's polling data that is where she making her gains. Undecided voters make up most of it with a smaller percentage stealing away GOP Trump supporters that were wavering on Trump.

This is what is killing Trump. He still has the same base of supporters but, is doing nothing to ad new ones of keep GOP party line voters. This is why battle ground states are becoming blue and red states are becoming battle ground states. Trump has to do something to get Republican voters behind him. The problem is Trumps attacks on the Gold Star families did more damage than anything else. How Trump fixes that and the idea he is does not have the temperament for office i do not know. He tried to be good for a few days and then that fell apart. I think that was his last chance. Those GOP voters that vote for Clinton, Johnson or just stay home mean Trump a massive amount of work to do and not much time left to do it. Early voting starts at the end of next month. If Trump loses a single Red State than the battle ground states become pointless.

All Clinton has to do is hold the blue states and Pennsylvania and she has the electoral math to win. Right now she is not only holding the blue states but, taking some of the battle ground states by big numbers and leading in all the rest, and leading in two red states Georgia and Arizona. This is when Trump could really use McCain backing him in Arizona where McCain is very popular. Trumps path to win? I do not know how he could do it. Unless he tries another reboot but, they never last.

I am not so sure Trump is getting no independents to his rallies. You realise that Trump has been to churches too, right? He's been speaking with pastors up and down the country and is trying to mobilise evangelicals for him. I just don't think the binary view you are portraying is accurate. He's not just doing rallies.

We've been hearing for a year that Trump had reached his ceiling and he has kept pushing through it. We'll see in November I guess, but to write off the massive support Trump is getting compared to the meagre numbers turning out for Hillary is not really credible in my view. I still think its all about Trump. Hillary is totally irrelevant in this election and may as well not have a set of policies.
edit on 13/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Crooked Hillary is finished. She will probably have a seizure once she finds out that she must concede to Trump. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Here is his idea..www.theatlantic.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation
Crooked Hillary is finished. She will probably have a seizure once she finds out that she must concede to Trump. ~$heopleNation

Well she definately has the youth vote,this is what your dealing with.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Well, at least a spin on the idea!
Its an interesting idea - benefits and flaws.
It does make sense to try and mobilise these voters though - I listened to 3 evangelical leaders earlier today and they were saying that there are 80m voters across America that had low turn out last time and they may just be the block that will swing the election if they go to the polls

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Again HE'S A SALESMAN ,we'll see AFTER we buy here.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

Well she definately has the youth vote,this is what your dealing with.

That was amusing... and these are college students??? Frightening.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Again HE'S A SALESMAN ,we'll see AFTER we buy here.

Yep - am afraid that is the choice. No try before you buy.
Still, it would be interesting if he offered that! A referendum on him stepping down promised after term 1.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Yep college students.What Trump has to do is somehow be word associated with Angelina Joelie,Brad Pitt or Jeffifer Aniston

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

My god this Country is going to be in deep, deep trouble once those imbeciles are in control of it. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

My god this Country is going to be in deep, deep trouble once those imbeciles are in control of it. ~$heopleNation

I don't know about that. My friends group is made up of those imbeciles, I'm one of them myself. Several of them are actually competent. Sure you have the snowflakes (as much as I hate that term, you know exactly who I mean when I use it) but those aren't the people with any real ambitions in life. They won't be the people in positions of power.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

There's a major thing I think you're overlooking. Trump and his supporters don't seem to think they need support from other demographics. So instead of trying to bring more American demographics into their camp, they attack or ignore us. The only times they try to recruit us, they use the "aren't you anti-Hillary/anti-establishment?" argument, instead of trying to implement some of our concerns & policy positions.

Also, everything you typed about campaigning on the front lines is true. But I don't think any of it matters to them because it's too detailed, it requires compromising, and it's what every other politician normally does. In other words, I think they would reject that approach simply for it being a "ritual" of the establishment.

They won't even accept that the anti-Trump voters may have legit grievances with him or concerns about his policies. So how can anyone expect them to actually compromise on their positions and help mend the bridges with his opponents? Isn't the regional ground work all about working out the minor differences and district-specific kinks in a policy? In contrast, they actually seem to get happy when one of their policy details pisses us off, even though they could potentially gain some allies if they simply implemented our concerns.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Whilst Trump is certainly more popular in social media I think it needs to be taken into account that the numbers are "world wide".

I live in Australia and have done a number of polls online just to see the results, many don't ask for area codes etc so I just go Trump, simply because I don't like the she devil.

I think he has a big following world wide as well and this may need to be taken into Social Media numbers, as much as I wish he was winning.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Well, at least a spin on the idea!
Its an interesting idea - benefits and flaws.

Oh yes, because everyone assumes THEIR flavor of religion will dominate. But this allows Rabbis and priests and imams and voodoo cults and Satanists and everyone else to meddle.

Not.A.Good.Idea.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Which is ironic, since it's the older generations that created this mess in the first place. If we're going to make this a generational issue, I think it's fair to point out that the younger generation had virtually no say in the political, economic, or social condition of this country. You're the ones who've been supporting, enriching, and enabling the establishment for decades, literally since before we were even born.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I am not so sure Trump is getting no independents to his rallies. You realise that Trump has been to churches too, right? He's been speaking with pastors up and down the country and is trying to mobilise evangelicals for him. I just don't think the binary view you are portraying is accurate. He's not just doing rallies.

We've been hearing for a year that Trump had reached his ceiling and he has kept pushing through it. We'll see in November I guess, but to write off the massive support Trump is getting compared to the meagre numbers turning out for Hillary is not really credible in my view. I still think its all about Trump. Hillary is totally irrelevant in this election and may as well not have a set of policies.

Evangelicals are Trumps people. They are already in his core supporters. They will never vote for Clinton.

The key to any election in particular the GOP is to build a coalition of voters. Since their are fewer Republicans the formula means having almost full GOP support. a majority if independents and a decent percentage of Democrats.

Think of it this way. In the primaries everybody makes a big deal about Trumps record number of primary voters.

Trump had 14,013,998 votes or 45% of the popular vote with over 15 million voting for Cruz, Rubio and Kasich.
Clinton had 16,912,545 votes or 67% of the popular vote with over 13 million voting for Sanders.

Sanders is backing Clinton while Trump has been fighting with Cruz, Rubio and Kasich doing little to win over their supporters

Clinton made sure to ad part Sanders campaign issues to the DNC platform. Trump is not sure what is in the GOP platform because he had somebody else handle it or that is what he has said when asked why arming Ukraine was taken out of the platform.

So Clinton already fine with the DNC moderates added most of the DNC progressives at the Convention with Sanders other progressive leaders and changes to the platform. Since the convention Clinton has targeted Republicans unhappy with Trump and independents in battle ground states.

Trump catered his Convention to his already loyal supporters. Doing nothing to bring the rest of the GOP around him. Since the Convention he spent all of two days reaching out to the rest of the GOP, getting on message and trying to look like a President, then it fell apart. The rest of the time he drove away military support, educated white males and Republican women.

And guess who has been waiting to scoop them up. Running ads with tons of Republican Defense, Intelligence and foreign affairs experts saying Trump is unfit, Running ads showing Trump degrading women and rolling detailed policies on economics and education. Going to churches and blue collar factories the heart of Trumps supporters.

Meanwhile Johnson is gobbling up other Republicans that do not want Trump but can not bring themselves to vote for Clinton.

And now with Trump faltering in red states as well Clinton is going to make a play for them. While she would love to win them, the real point is force Trump to defend them with time and money he should be using to regain ground in the battle ground states.

Trump must get the mainstream GOP back on board. He must secure Georgia, Arizona and Utah. Then he has to retake almost all the battle ground states, stating with Pennsylvania where Clinton has a huge lead.

He can not do any of this be continuing to do the same. He must change or all he does is cater to his base. And his base is far to small to win the election.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

[

That was amusing... and these are college students??? Frightening.

It is not really frightening at all its just simple propaganda. Only show those confirm your bias and edit out the rest. Notice they didn't show one person that had problems with the pop culture references and only showed those that had problems with history.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join