It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Day of the Lord?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

All men are like grass but you are tooting your own horn in claiming to be like Elijah or John the Baptist.

In reality you are a false teacher

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
What is left out is another term throughout Isaiah and other books the term is "in that day" This to refers to the future and is not locked into the past. It is a direct cross reference to the "Day of the Lord".

edit on 17-8-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Isaiah 40:4Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low. The uneven shall be made level, and the rough places a plain.

Isaiah 40:9You who tell good news to Zion, go up on a high mountain. You who tell good news to Jerusalem, lift up your voice with strength. Lift it up. Don't be afraid. Say to the cities of Judah, "Behold, your God!"

Wait! What high mountain? Every mountain has been made low.

What would the Messiah say about that on that day?

John 4:19The woman said to him, "Sir, I perceive that you are a prophet. 20Our fathers worshiped in this mountain, and you Judahites say that in Jerusalem is the place where people ought to worship." 21Jesus said to her, "Woman, believe me, the hour comes, when neither in this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, will you worship the Father. 22You worship that which you don't know. We worship that which we know; for salvation is from the Judahites. 23But the hour comes, and now is, when the true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father seeks such to be his worshippers. 24God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth." 25The woman said to him, "I know that Messiah comes," (he who is called Christ). "When he has come, he will declare to us all things." 26Jesus said to her, "I am he, the one who speaks to you."

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena
Again that will happen in future time as well. Failure to compare spiritual with spiritual will lead to confusion and uncertainty

edit on 17-8-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Some will believe anything rather than believe the preserved word of God

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join